PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Trade Deadline Rumors, including Bourne and Agholar

Bourne's turf toe injury will be an issue all year. His value is damaged - plus I don't want him traded anyway.

As overpriced Agholor is I think they need him as well. They have 5 good WRs but all have issues.

Meyers was hurt. Missed two games Should be ok but....
Thornton is electric but a little spindly. Also was hurt. Can he stay healthy?
Bourne has turf toe. Not sure how severe but that'll nag at him all year. Those suck.
Parker is a nice player but he has a history of missing some games here and there.

Bourne's turf toe injury will be an issue all year. His value is damaged - plus I don't want him traded anyway.

As overpriced Agholor is I think they need him as well. They have 5 good WRs but all have issues.

Meyers was hurt. Missed two games Should be ok but....
Thornton is electric but a little spindly. Also was hurt. Can he stay healthy?
Bourne has turf toe. Not sure how severe but that'll nag at him all year. Those suck.
Parker is a nice player but he has a history of missing some games here and there.
Agreed but I still think we can ship one out if the right deal is there.

Agreed but I still think we can ship one out if the right deal is there.
Possibly as everyone is expendable but what does a "right deal" look like? What is the acceptable value back to us? For whom?

The current form of our scouting team gives me pause buuuut

I'd be willing to bet a high draft pick high on a very good Inside LB in the market. I think this makes this team truly a menace on defense.

Oh we are facing the Bears? What a coincidence
He’ll be our target in the offseason. Pats currently have an estimated $50.4m in cap space for 2023 per overthecap.com, good for 2nd in the NFL behind the Bears. And we know he wants out of there…. Not sure if I see anyone paying the Bears a 1st rounder for Smith before the trade deadline and then adding a monster contract on top of that, but who knows. Anyway, no better audition for Belichick than actually having to game plan against the guy and seeing how he responds to that.

Damn, thought I could sneak by quietly with some ambiguity. Busted.
Nah you brought up a good point.

For instance if some desperate team for a WR offered a 4th and paid the rest of Agholor's 2022 salary. We then push the cap savings to 2023 and now have an extra pick in next year's draft.

BB would be a fool not to seriously consider it.

I'm just saying theres a risk to doing that in 2022.

I don’t think I would move anyone at this point. It’s a long season and you never know when injuries could creep up. If we keep winning I would look to add some help along the OL or front 7 for the playoff push.

I don’t think I would move anyone at this point. It’s a long season and you never know when injuries could creep up. If we keep winning I would look to add some help along the OL or front 7 for the playoff push.
I don’t think good OL help is out there to be had. We think of Karras as backup material here and some other team paid him to be a starter.

They can't trade Bourne, he's their only truly competent flanker. Agholor was getting reps there but he's more of a split end. Parker is a split end but Thornton should beat him out for it. In truth they have three split ends (four if we count Lil'Jordan), one slot and one flanker. Bourne and Meyers are really the only receivers without redundant skillsets on the team.

I really don't understand why people still continue to overlook Meyers. I'd rather overpay for him than lose him to free agency. Bill doesn't exactly invest a lot of draft capital in WRs and when he does it's been mixed results. Unless we are going to go get some Adams or Tyreek type then you keep a guy like Meyers who has been excellent for us and seemingly still getting better.

He’ll be our target in the offseason. Pats currently have an estimated $50.4m in cap space for 2023 per overthecap.com, good for 2nd in the NFL behind the Bears. And we know he wants out of there…. Not sure if I see anyone paying the Bears a 1st rounder for Smith before the trade deadline and then adding a monster contract on top of that, but who knows. Anyway, no better audition for Belichick than actually having to game plan against the guy and seeing how he responds to that.
I just fear the Pats losing the auction later, when he hits the open market.

But yeah, i wouldnt bring him unless they have an extension lined up, just to be Clear

Otherwise, i hope Odin has given you clear sight of whats ahead

I really don't understand why people still continue to overlook Meyers. I'd rather overpay for him than lose him to free agency. Bill doesn't exactly invest a lot of draft capital in WRs and when he does it's been mixed results. Unless we are going to go get some Adams or Tyreek type then you keep a guy like Meyers who has been excellent for us and seemingly still getting better.
Meyers has played his self into a 18m year free agent contract... his only real drawback is he doesn't score... he'll move chains all day long, but thats about it (that is not a bad thing, being a chain mover) ... if he was putting up 5 or 6 tds a year, he'd definitely get 18 a year... he might not get that much but i could see it being close to that based on what teams paid last year for wrs

Last edited:
So you’re saying we’ll be signing him in free agency in 2023!

No. We have Hines and Russey now as backups in 2023. ;) But we need a new OT for sure. Hopefully it is a DL or LB in FA, and we can draft a new OT in R1.

Meyers has played his self into a 18m year free agent contract... his only real drawback is he doesn't score... he'll move chains all day long, but thats about it (that is not a bad thing) ... if he was puttig up 5 or 6 tds a year, hed definately get 18 a year... he might not get that much but i could see it being close to that based on what teams paid last year for wrs
If that's the going rate pay it

If that's the going rate pay it
im not sure where he stands tbh... christian kirk got 18 m a year last season afterall... just a wild ass guess on my part

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back