PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL top 10 players list (player voting) - predictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam is prototypically speaking a better player than Brady, since he has the added ability of breaking tackles with his size and strength, as well as the ability to scramble and run the ball himself for 80+ yards on any given play

The players kept referencing the fact that Newton is a better athlete than him, which is really irrelevant unless all other things are equal..

I'm not that shocked by it since A) it was a handful of players voting and B) Cam did have 45 touchdowns to Brady's 36 last year and won the NFL mvp, nearly leading his team to a perfect season, so it's not like he was a chump last year. .

He also lost his biggest threat weapon in Kelvin Benjamin, so he had a great year and given his boisterous personality, it's not shocking that a lot of players would be all over his jock, especially when I think a lot of players secretly resent Brady for being a pretty boy white kid from California that has had a stupid amount of success both professionally and personally, scoring the richest supermodel in the world as his wife

He did come in at #2 tho and has been in top 4 every year, so it's not like they're hating on him. . Cam is just way out there in your face, dancing and talking crap.. Brady is a more "boring" player

Okay, for as much sh*t as I talked earlier in the thread about not caring where Pats rank, I just have to say it's pathetic that Newton is ahead of Brady. I could deal with Rodgers because he does have that added dimension to his game while being able to do most of the other things that Brady can do. I've said, including on this board, that he's the only guy I'd take over Brady in a pinch. But Newton? The guy who doesn't possess anywhere near the mental capacity of Brady (or Rodgers for that matter)? A guy who is consistently airmailing passes to WIDE OPEN receivers in the short, intermediate and deep game (the latter being something Brady struggles with to be fair). ALL he can do that Brady can't is run. He literally does NOTHING else better than Brady, unless you count his TD celebrations. WTF? You have ONE truly great season and win one MVP and you're better than a guy who has been to six SB's and has done it year in and year out with some questionable talent during some of the seasons? You're better than the guy who led the league in TD's while throwing to Dobson, LaFell (who inexplicably sucked even after getting games under his belt) and a depleted supporting cast? C'mon. Do people forget his dismal SB performance? Whatever. Vent over.

I don't even like Rodgers but I can admit he is easily the 2nd best QB in the game today and the 2nd greatest QB I have personally ever seen. He deserves the praise he gets more than Manning.

Cam is prototypically speaking a better player than Brady, since he has the added ability of breaking tackles with his size and strength, as well as the ability to scramble and run the ball himself for 80+ yards on any given play

The players kept referencing the fact that Newton is a better athlete than him, which is really irrelevant unless all other things are equal..

I'm not that shocked by it since A) it was a handful of players voting and B) Cam did have 45 touchdowns to Brady's 36 last year and won the NFL mvp, nearly leading his team to a perfect season, so it's not like he was a chump last year. .

He also lost his biggest threat weapon in Kelvin Benjamin, so he had a great year and given his boisterous personality, it's not shocking that a lot of players would be all over his jock, especially when I think a lot of players secretly resent Brady for being a pretty boy white kid from California that has had a stupid amount of success both professionally and personally, scoring the richest supermodel in the world as his wife

He did come in at #2 tho and has been in top 4 every year, so it's not like they're hating on him. . Cam is just way out there in your face, dancing and talking crap.. Brady is a more "boring" player
Hey Mayo. Much respect. But the early part of your post just doesn't sit well with me. Yes, he did put up huge TD numbers when you add his runs, but that still doesn't make him a better QB or player than Brady. He lost Benjamin and that as HUGE. But Brady lost everyone at some point in the season - Edelperson, Gronk, Lewis, Blount (lesser in terms of importance), Amendola, and LaFell. He was throwing to Chris Harper at one point. We're lucky that Keyshawn Martin was able to do something for us and I think he will make this year's 53 . . . but I somewhat digress.

He is in no way, shape or form in Brady's stratosphere. This guy overthrows receivers constantly, including in the SB. You only need to watch the first drive of that game to see what I'm talking about. They could have put up points on that drive easily against the best D in the league. People call Brady a whiner, yet Cam is actually the one who pouts on national TV in press conferences and airs out the things refs allegedly say to him in games. The only time I've ever heard Brady say anything specifically about something a ref said during a game is ironically the game against Carolina a few years ago when Luke waltz with Gronk all over the back of the end zone in a bear hug and the same ref who threw the flag picked it up. You either saw it or you didn't. How can a flag like that be picked up? Anyway, I somewhat digress again. LOL

Again, I don't think there is a thing on the football field that Cam does better than Brady except run (breaks tackles too) and celebrate (which I don't begrudge him one bit). I don't care that he played in the SB. I don't care that he won the MVP. Let's see him put together maybe two more MVP-like seasons, and then I'll listen to anyone who wants to bring this debate back up to me. Other than that, sadly, I just don't see it. As I've been on record many times saying, I'll only take Rodgers over Brady . . . and that's in a pinch. I'd take a 39-year-old Brady over ANYONE IN THE LEAGUE not named Aaron Rodgers. Cam is NOT better than Brady and likely never will be. Mayo, we'll have to sadly disagree on this one, buddy.

Last edited:
Hey Mayo. Much respect. But the early part of your post just doesn't sit well with me. Yes, he did put up huge TD numbers when you add his runs, but that still doesn't make him a better QB or player than Brady. He lost Benjamin and that as HUGE. But Brady lost everyone at some point in the season - Edelperson, Gronk, Lewis, Blount (lesser in terms of importance), Amendola, and LaFell. He was throwing to Chris Harper at one point. We're lucky that Keyshawn Martin was able to do something for us and I think he will make this year's 53 . . . but I somewhat digress.

He is in no way, shape or form in Brady's stratosphere. This guy overthrows receivers constantly, including in the SB. You only need to watch the first drive of that game to see what I'm talking about. They could have put up points on that drive easily against the best D in the league. People call Brady a whiner, yet Cam is actually the one who pouts on national TV in press conferences and airs out the things refs allegedly say to him in games. The only time I've ever heard Brady say anything specifically about something a ref said during a game is ironically the game against Carolina a few years ago when Luke waltz with Gronk all over the back of the end zone in a bear hug and the same ref who threw the flag picked it up. You either saw it or you didn't. How can a flag like that be picked up? Anyway, I somewhat digress again. LOL

Again, I don't think there is a thing on the football field that Cam does better than Brady except run (breaks tackles too) and celebrate (which I don't begrudge him one bit). I don't care that he played in the SB. I don't care that he won the MVP. Let's see him put together maybe two more MVP-like seasons, and then I'll listen to anyone who wants to bring this debate back up to me. Other than that, sadly, I just don't see it. As I've been on record many times saying, I'll only take Rodgers over Brady . . . and that's in a pinch. I'd take a 39-year-old Brady over ANYONE IN THE LEAGUE not names Aaron Rodgers. Cam is NOT better than Brady and likely never will be. Mayo, we'll have to sadly disagree on this one, buddy.

I'm not really in disagreement with you, I mean Cam "prototypically" could be better than Brady assuming they were perfect equals as passing quarterbacks (which they clearly are NOT). I think Brady is a much better QB than Newton, my post was coming more from the other players perspective of the two QBs and how I could understand that a bunch of random players would pick Cam over Brady.

There is a Brady fatigue I think among the league, which has been perpetuated by the media and of course Goodell on his little agenda driven escapade to destroy the Pats and diminish their accomplishments.. Cam is young, boisterous and makes ESPN highlight plays with his legs, so its only natural that this younger generation of players would think hes the better QB based on their simple viewpoints that are very narrow in scope

On my list, I have Brady ahead of Rogers and Cam

Last edited:
I obviously think Brady is hands down the best/most valuable football player in the league; however, I can't gripe that in 2015 the players thought Newton was the best player. He had an unreal year, almost led his team to an undefeated season and had a combined 45 touchdowns. It doesn't necessarily mean he's a better QB than Brady but some think he had a better year. Can't really fault them for that given the MVP designation.

On the other hand, Gronk at 9 is an absolute travesty. He is without a doubt the best/most impactful non-QB player in the league. Outside of Rice, Gronk very well may be the most dynamic offensive weapon in NFL history for goodness sake.

Anyway, I would have listed the Top 10 as follows:
1) Brady
2) Newton
3) Gronk
4) Rodgers
5) Watt
6) Brown
7) Kuechly
8) OBJ
9) Jones
10) Peterson

I'm not really in disagreement with you, I mean Cam "prototypically" could be better than Brady assuming they were perfect equals as passing quarterbacks (which they clearly are NOT). I think Brady is a much better QB than Newton, my post was coming more from the other players perspective of the two QBs and how I could understand that a bunch of random players would pick Cam over Brady.

There is a Brady fatigue I think among the league, which has been perpetuated by the media and of course Goodell on his little agenda driven escapade to destroy the Pats and diminish their accomplishments.. Cam is young, boisterous and makes ESPN highlight plays with his legs, so its only natural that this younger generation of players would think hes the better QB based on their simple viewpoints that are very narrow in scope

On my list, I have Brady ahead of Rogers and Cam
All fair and makes a heck of a lot of sense, Good Sir. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes