PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Rumors: Tom Brady Won’t Take Hometown Discount To Stay With Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might be here already.
Im would love to see what Bill could do with Mariotta.
I'd be more than happy with Stidham Mariotta and Kessler.
Drafting a QB if your not trading in the top 10 for one then draft a developmental athlete at QB.
I wouldn't be against trading our first for Taysom Hill.

My shocker long shot move of the off-season is trading Gilmore for a first and locking up JC Jackson long term.
Before you burn me at the stake, is it not the most Belichick move ever.

Maybe Kraft will talk Gronk into one more year to entice Tom to stay? Anything is possible

Drafting a QB if your not trading in the top 10 for one then draft a developmental athlete at QB.
Mariota needs a lot of work.

we need to move onto the next phase of patriots history as soon as possible. i would give him a 1 year deal. we need to find the next QB of the decade[/QUOTE

Signing TB to another 1 year deal would defeat the purpose of moving on ASAP would it not?

My shocker long shot move of the off-season is trading Gilmore for a first and locking up JC Jackson long term.

Yet again I’m so glad you aren’t running this team. And you want Mariota on top of it. Puke.

It’s weird because he always did take a discount until now. Now more than ever he needs to take a discount if he wants to have a team that has a shot at winning it all. My money is on the media blowing steam.
No, he can't afford a discount at this point. Gisele is tired of waiting for the guest house bathrooms to be retrofit with gold-plated toilet paper holders.

FMIA Wild Card: Tom Brady the Pragmatist Controls His NFL Future

in the opening paragraph, King says Brady didn’t seem at all surprised by the loss. Pretty hard to win when your star player doesn’t believe in the team. Toms has a great run here, but it’s pretty clearly time to move on. He’ll realize how good he’s had it when he’s gone.

Not surprised by a loss and not believing in your team are VERY different things. He wasn't surprised because the practices haven't been good. That doesn't mean he doesn't believe in his team mates. It means he saw the team wasn't ready and the offense wasn't where it needed to be.

Also, newsflash: no amount of OTA's would have helped. OTA's are worthless when most of the receivers we're around the team until October. OTA's wouldn't have healed Edelman's knee and shoulder.

Re: Mariota, I question not only his durability but his accuracy to run a quality offense.

And Payton has put a lot of work into Taysom Hill. I don’t think he’s gonna want to part with him given Brees age.

Taysom Hill's a gadget player who would be an unmitigated disaster as a starting quarterback. Trading a 1st for him lmao I'm pretty sure Payton would do that in a second and laugh all the way to the bank

Taysom Hill's a gadget player who would be an unmitigated disaster as a starting quarterback. Trading a 1st for him lmao I'm pretty sure Payton would do that in a second and laugh all the way to the bank
One man's opinion but, Lombardi thinks he can do it.

I think there's very little chance Brady leaves but if he did I think I'd just want to give Stidham a shot with a capable backup like Chase Daniel, Matt Moore, or Case Keenum. The only other options as bridge starters that are remotely appealing is Philip Rivers or Cam Newton (likely available by trade), unless they want the Jameis moonshot (...it'd be entertaining, at least?)

If we plan on starting the rebuild this offseason it’s not a terrible idea. We saw what Ramsey fetched.

One man's opinion but, Lombardi thinks he can do it.

Looking at Lombardi's unmitigated disaster of a career, smart thing to do is take every personnel analysis he makes and assume the polar opposite is true.

Sean Payton didn't even think he could do it, he started Bridgewater over him and only used him as a gadget player when Bridgewater was playing. He's thrown like twelve passes in his NFL career. Does Lombardi think Johnny Hekker would be a good starting QB too? He's been much more successful as a passer than Hill!

He is the same age as Seymour when he was traded, and at a position where peak athleticism is more important.

He is the same age as Seymour when he was traded, and at a position where peak athleticism is more important.

Different scenarios. Seymour had made waves about his contract already and was essentially threatening a holdout and they knew he was going to leave the next season. Gilmore has two more seasons on a deal that looks increasingly like the best value in football. They'd eat $15m in dead cap to trade him. There's simply no compensation for Gilmore that would ever justify trading him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back