PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL playoffs: Arizona Cardinals at Carolina Panthers - odds, preview and prediction

I really did not know anything about Luke Kuechly in college, was it a sure thing that he will be this good?

Not a completely sure thing but he went pretty high in the first round. Was considered the best tackling and instinctive off the line linebacker in that draft if I remember correctly.

I think I feel sick... The Panthers showed why it's a travesty that they are even in the playoffs, the Cardinals showed why it's a travesty that Lindley is in the NFL (and also their freaking punter. HOW HARD IS IT TO FIND A PUNTER THAT CAN KICK 40 YARDS?)

Not to mention the officiating, which was a travesty in it's own right. Officiating in the NFL is somewhere between WWE and completely random.

Report of
Fitzgerald is taking a huge pay cut whether he wants a ring or not. No one is going to pay him big bucks at his age and lack of production the last three years. He might as well try to go to a contender because I doubt anyone will be offering him big bucks when the Cards cut him.

Well, there's huge and there's HUGE. We're talking a third receiver on a team with other uses for the money.

There goes Flacco!

Hey once you're in, anything can happen :)

As a Pats fan who's seen us blow the last 2 SBs, I have a loser-thinking suggestion that would stretch out football another month and a half.

1. Back to 14 games a season, running net, -2 weeks of football.
2. Win the division or go home. 4 teams/conference, no bye week.
3. Division winners play best of 3 series. Running Net: 0 additional weeks (2 last games and bye week eliminated)
4. Championship series, best of 3 games. Running net: 3 more weeks.
5. Super Bowl Series, best of 3 games. Guess we'd still have to stuff in a rest week before the Super Bowl. Running net: 6 more weeks.

Disadvantages:
You lose some of the dramatic suddenness of playoff death.
Advantages:
1. likelihood that the better team win in a series of 3
2. Mo better football

Hell, if all the extra games bring cries of "boo hoo players won't ever play that many games," fine. Have teams ONLY play their division games to see who wins the damn divisions. 8 game regular season followed by extended second season.

Or maybe have just an East and West division, and relegate half the teams to the "minors" every year... and while playoff teams are playing for the Super Bowl, the crap teams can continue to play one another in an "avoid relegation" game. Meanwhile NFL Division II can be playing its playoffs to move teams up into next year's Division I.

Never mind, sometimes Carolina wins a wild card game. It's fine.

Not a completely sure thing but he went pretty high in the first round. Was considered the best tackling and instinctive off the line linebacker in that draft if I remember correctly.
He went 9th. Boston College, we all should have been well aware of him. He was a monster in college.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back