PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly NFL Picks Contest NFL Picks Contest - Week 8

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I'm sure people have seen the alert, but we're obviously on to Week 8:

Some tough games this week so it should be an interesting one :)

I noticed I my record last night was 67-39 before last nights game. I believe I picked New Orleans and got credited with a loss. I’m now 67-40.

Reactions: Ian
I noticed I my record last night was 67-39 before last nights game. I believe I picked New Orleans and got credited with a loss. I’m now 67-40.
Both the Sun night and Mon night games were processed this morning (I forgot to do the Sun night one yesterday morning), and it looks like you had San Francisco, so maybe that’s the discrepancy…?

EDIT: And yes, you did have New Orleans, which was calculated into that:

1635270340306.png

Last edited:
I don't have to scroll down to see my standing.

This may be one of the greater achievements of my life to date. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Ian
Cheater.

there should be a penalty for people who don't pick every game...

there should be a penalty for people who don't pick every game...
Don't be a dunce. Ranking is based on wins not %. Even if you assign all misses to losses, the wins stay the same. Stop whining.

Don't be a dunce. Ranking is based on wins not %. Even if you assign all misses to losses, the wins stay the same. Stop whining.

Actually, I was wrong. There is a penalty for those who miss games. If you are tied with someone for wins, then the individual with more losses (and therefore more picks) is ranked higher. Abdul, for example, who has missed a few games is ranked lower than others who have 75 wins.

Actually, I was wrong. There is a penalty for those who miss games. If you are tied with someone for wins, then the individual with more losses (and therefore more picks) is ranked higher. Abdul, for example, who has missed a few games is ranked lower than others who have 75 wins.
They are all tied, otherwise they would be at a lower spot.

Thanks, but this is Ian's site and he can run the game how he wants. The forum doesn't center around you and the posts you make.

They are all tied, otherwise they would be at a lower spot.

It doesn't appear that way. Those who miss games are assessed a lower spot in the standings. If at the end of the season, two are tied for the most number wins, the tiebreaker would go to the person having fewer missed games. For example, you are tied for 10th but are the lowest of those tied for 10th based on your missed games.

Last edited:
Thanks, but this is Ian's site and he can run the game how he wants. The forum doesn't center around you and the posts you make.
These might help

1635344994746.png

It doesn't appear that way. Those who miss games are assessed a lower spot in the standings. If at the end of the season, two are tied for the most number wins, the tiebreaker would go to the person having fewer missed games. For example, you are tied for 10th but are the lowest of those tied for 10th based on your missed games.
Yea, it's called sorting.

Why are you bringing up posts that I made in another thread, in which the context is completely different?
Because it was a b!tch azz post and I just used it against you to show you how ludicrous it reads.

Yea, it's called sorting.

Then I'm not sure why you are not picking all the games...perhaps you thought it was an advantage. Let me guess, you "forgot" or "got sick."

Because it was a b!tch azz post and I just used it against you to show you how ludicrous it reads.

Deus can handle himself. Not sure why you and others need to defend him.

Let me try to explain this to you slowly. Missing games is a penalty in itself since you're missing a potential Win.

In my case, I usually wait until the final inactive list comes out before making my picks. I missed the three 4 pm picks because of this. I would've had 2 of the 3 as wins so it cost me dearly. I now make all my picks right away and will adjust them based on injuries before the game if need be. That way I won't miss out on wins.

Again, a missed pick is basically a loss. So no, in the case of a tie based on # of wins, there shouldn't be an exception for misses since missed picks are basically losses. Ian has chosen to keep track of them separately for whatever reason.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back