PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL is willing to “bubble” teams inside hotels for the rest of the season

Multiple coaches have suggested this weekend the possibility of pressing pause on the season, reconfiguring the schedule to have 12 total regular-season games, and putting teams in hotels for the nine games left to be played.

Lol..!! I need something just a little more reliable than a Reddit post before I get on board with that one. What does Sharks of Vegas say?

I do not believe for a single second that “multiple coaches” want to pause everything because one single team had to push back a game 3 weeks.

Yeah I don’t understand the cow references either.

But hey, troll away!
Hey look! josh allen actually threw an accurate ball!

Moooooooooooooooooooooo

@GreenCow double post! moooooooooooooo

But hey, troll away!
Hey look! josh allen actually threw an accurate ball!

Moooooooooooooooooooooo

You’re dreaming if you think we are that close to canceling the entire season.

And of course they can handle rescheduling games. They can always push things back if needed.
You’re giving Goodell the benefit of the doubt. I suspect if it was that easy to reschedule - Pats Chiefs would be pushed to after the season not tomorrow night.

You’re high as a kite if you think everyday people are going to hide out from their friends and family for 6 months to avoid an illness that’s 99.9% survivable so long as you’re under 70

Just an absolutely ridiculous proposition

The NBA and NHL are already doing that.

You’re completely making things up out of thin air.

If you’re going to tell me the Players wanted to be separated from their family for the majority of the next 6 months and it was the League who refused, I have some swampland in Florida to sell you.

So how come the NBA and NHL doesn't have a problem doing this? Is the NFL full of crybabies?

You’re giving Goodell the benefit of the doubt. I suspect if it was that easy to reschedule - Pats Chiefs would be pushed to after the season not tomorrow night.
Let me clarify since you seem intent on deliberately misrepresenting my position:

The NFL can push the playoffs and Super Bowl back if needed (I believe they have already been in contact with Tampa Bay about that exact matter). While I am sure they don't want to do that, that option will be selected long, long before the option to cancel the entire season (which some people in here foolishly think we are on the cusp of). The Titans had an outbreak, but rescheduling that game during the season was easy and only impacted Baltimore.

Right now we are still early in the season, so moving the schedule around is easy. When we get to November-December, things will get much harder if, for example, 2 teams who already had their byes have to postpone a game. Regardless, the notion that we are on the cusp of canceling the entire season is patently absurd.

Let me clarify since you seem intent on deliberately misrepresenting my position:

The NFL can push the playoffs and Super Bowl back if needed (I believe they have already been in contact with Tampa Bay about that exact matter). While I am sure they don't want to do that, that option will be selected long, long before the option to cancel the entire season (which some people in here foolishly think we are on the cusp of). The Titans had an outbreak, but rescheduling that game during the season was easy and only impacted Baltimore.

Right now we are still early in the season, so moving the schedule around is easy. When we get to November-December, things will get much harder if, for example, 2 teams who already had their byes have to postpone a game. Regardless, the notion that we are on the cusp of canceling the entire season is patently absurd.

Wishful thinking but we’ll see.

LOL! Not even close. The NBA restarted 2 months, 5 days ago. All but 4 teams were gone as of 19 days ago. All but 8 teams were barely in there a month (and please note when I say "all" I mean of the teams that actually went into the bubble, which wasn't even the whole league). Hockey's number are similar.

The NFL should consider it for the playoffs, but the notion they could have carried it out over a whole season is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Wishful thinking but we’ll see.
Well earlier this summer when I said the NFL would start the regular season on time, a lot of people foolishly called that wishful thinking too.

My prediction all along is that League will play a full season, but not necessarily on time. Nothing in the past week has changed that. I can certainly see a suspension of play as a possibility if things got really bad, but that would take more than 1 outbreak. And part of the thought process that goes into those statement is the very real possibility that we have a vaccine by the end of the year.

Well earlier this summer when I said the NFL would start the regular season on time, a lot of people foolishly called that wishful thinking too.

My prediction all along is that League will play a full season, but not necessarily on time. Nothing in the past week has changed that. I can certainly see a suspension of play as a possibility if things got really bad, but that would take more than 1 outbreak. And part of the thought process that goes into those statement is the very real possibility that we have a vaccine by the end of the year.

"more than one outbreak"?

How many do you figure that we have had?

Agreed.

LOL! Not even close. The NBA restarted 2 months, 5 days ago. All but 4 teams were gone as of 19 days ago. All but 8 teams were barely in there a month (and please note when I say "all" I mean of the teams that actually went into the bubble, which wasn't even the whole league). Hockey's number are similar.

The NFL should consider it for the playoffs, but the notion they could have carried it out over a whole season is ridiculous.

Still doesn't change the fact that they're in a bubble, and nobody is for the worse.

It's very simple- if the NFL doesn't go into a bubble, they will put the season into jeopardy.

there’s what, 15 guys on an NBA team? So that’s not the same thing at all. And they did it for the playoffs. Not the entire season

Yes, I'm trolling you! Most trolls don't understand this which is what makes them so potent. You really fumbled it! It's ok, you're not alone!

Level with us. Do you whine like this too?

moooooooooooo
tenor.gif

But hey, troll away!
Ok - enough. Let's move this along ;)

there’s what, 15 guys on an NBA team? So that’s not the same thing at all. And they did it for the playoffs. Not the entire season

Whatever the NFL is doing now, it's not working- two games postponed already. What should they do? Hard bubbles seems to be the only solution.

Whatever the NFL is doing now, it's not working- two games postponed already. What should they do? Hard bubbles seems to be the only solution.
Stop testing and pretending like it matters. If you’re sick go home. If you’re not, there you go

"more than one outbreak"?

How many do you figure that we have had?
As my conversation with SB1 has shown, everyone seems to have their own definition of "outbreak." For my part, I am saying that right now we have 1 outbreak, and that is on the Tennessee Titans. I am not considering the Patriots situation an "outbreak"

Still doesn't change the fact that they're in a bubble, and nobody is for the worse.

It's very simple- if the NFL doesn't go into a bubble, they will put the season into jeopardy.
And that leads to the question I have asked many times on this board and still no one has answered: Where in the United States do they have the facilities necessary to put 32 NFL teams, with all the practice fields that would take, plus the 16 NFL-caliber playing fields? Please remember that a "bubble" has to be of a reasonable size, so that answer to my question cannot be something like "the state of Ohio."

I have asked that question a bunch of times. No one has answered it yet.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back