PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL is willing to “bubble” teams inside hotels for the rest of the season

The players should have insisted on this from the beginning
The players are the ones who refused to do it. Maybe their feelings will change after the past week.

The season is not in jeopardy. And it is a fallacy to blame ownership for this. As mentioned in the article, it was the Union who refused to go for the "bubble" idea.

So we have an outbreak on the Titans and very possible on the Patriots too. One more and the plug will be pulled on the season.

IDK why the NFL or people are surprised that there are positive tests. You cant run from a virus as we can see what is going on around the world

the more surprising thing is the NFL had no plan in place and is running around like a chicken with their head caught off.
Why do people keep saying the NFL had no plan in place?? The NFL implemented all sorts of plans to deal with the inevitable positive tests. I mean, you can't predict exactly where and when an outbreak will take place, nor can you predict how many will be infected. But there are a lot of contingencies in place for dealing with the issue.

So we have an outbreak on the Titans and very possible on the Patriots too. One more and the plug will be pulled on the season.
You have got to be joking. If you think we are just 1 positive test on a 3rd team away from canceling the entire season, you are just not living in reality.

The absolute very worst we will see is a suspension of all games to implement new protocols, and even that isn't currently on the radar screen.

You have got to be joking. If you think we are just 1 positive test on a 3rd team away from canceling the entire season, you are just not living in reality.

Outbreaks don’t happen in silos.

1601755581337.png

He will save the NFL.

The season is not in jeopardy. And it is a fallacy to blame ownership for this. As mentioned in the article, it was the Union who refused to go for the "bubble" idea.

Are you serious? if nothing is done, the season may last 3-5 more weeks.

The bubble hotels could include families, if they are tested daily and quarantined before coming in.

In any case, there are lots of job where a family member is gone for months. There are military assignments, and there are high paying jobs on oil rigs or overseas.

Are you serious? if nothing is done, the season may last 3-5 more weeks.
Am I serious about what? They are not going to cancel the season due to some isolated outbreaks. Like I said before, the very worst, most extreme possibility is a suspension of the seaon, but even that is a way's away. As for what they are going to do, you will have to ask the union about that. They are the ones who don't want to be isolated in hotels.

Am I serious about what? They are not going to cancel the season due to some isolated outbreaks. Like I said before, the very worst, most extreme possibility is a suspension of the seaon, but even that is a way's away. As for what they are going to do, you will have to ask the union about that. They are the ones who don't want to be isolated in hotels.

There will many isolated outbreaks. Perhaps, you believe that the current system will only result in postponing a couple of games every week. I strongly disagree. And if the union doesn't want the hotels, the season can be cancelled.

There will many isolated outbreaks. Perhaps, you believe that the current system will only result in postponing a couple of games every week.
I have been stating all summer during the "will they play or not?" discussions that I believe they will play a full season, but not necessarily according to their originally planned timeframe. Nothing from this past week has changed that belief. (There may be a very small handful of games completely canceled if they end up being meaningless, but I would still consider that a "full season")

He is but he’s really just a puppet for the owners. If they said no way to bubbling players/staff, there’s no way Roger could say yes. He doesn’t have that kind of power with his bosses.

What would be interesting to know is whether or not Roger disagreed and if so, did he push back on owners?
I legitimately doubt, like 100%, that anyone in the league expects Goodell to have "ideas" on how to do things. There is no way he takes the initiative to come up with unique thoughts, and no way the owners would care what he had to say if he did.

The bubble hotels could include families, if they are tested daily and quarantined before coming in.

In any case, there are lots of job where a family member is gone for months. There are military assignments, and there are high paying jobs on oil rigs or overseas.
And those workers still make a fraction of what an NFL player does.

So I'm reading the union vetoed a bubble, yet still had the gull to criticize the NFL's covid approach? Common sense says a bubble, properly implemented, would be the safest approach. When the players say no to that level of safety because of inconvenience they should lose all credibility when criticizing the NFL.

@GreenCow

Mooooooooooooooooooooo

The NFL is not the military. The NFL is not an oil rig.

Would you people quit assuming that jobs and lifestyles are interchangeable and easily swappable?

Now, if you want to talk about a much more limited time frame, with fewer teams and people (playoffs), that's where a bubble makes more sense.

Give me a million + per game to play a sport and i'm a freaking Bubble Boy for life
Indeed. We're talking about a business with $15B/year revenues. They should be able to find a way to increase the safety now that the 'what if' has become a 'what' and competitive balance is being impacted.

Goodell makes no decisions unilaterally. You're falling for it again. What he does is the will of the majority of the owners. He is paid for exactly what's going on here. Being an easy target for the decisions of HIS bosses.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back