PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Investigates the Giants use of Walkie Talkies: IOW Tossing Red Herrings

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Mara says this is all, much ado about nothing! Nothing to see Roger! Move along now.

Back in the Navy, I remember an E6 who said to an underling that was having a disagreement with, that they would settle it by flipping their ID cards in the air, and whichever one came down E6 would win.

So in this case, I imagine Roger could have Bob Kraft and John Mara flip their ownership cards into the air, and whichever one comes down as owner of the Giants avoids prosecution.

The NFL's idea of encryption is probably pig latin.

"Engage the NFL encryption device!"

tumblr_lldb99WeWD1qaj19j.gif

o_O

They had a walkietalkie ready to go, they knew the frequency. How long has this been going on?

They had a walkietalkie ready to go, they knew the frequency. How long has this been going on?

A long time. I thought the QB comms were encrypted as well. Meaning you nor I with scanner could pick them up. Therefore someone had the encryption key loaded into the walkie talkies. That doesn't happen out of the blue.

This was planned and most likely has been executed before, but either way it's a massive violation. Add to it the pre planning aspect and it's worse than that.

Did Eli get help to throw to Manningham? Hey, I can also make my mind go wild. You know what? I am going to start my own network and spew conspiracy **** all day long. One day my rumblings will find a truth.

A long time. I thought the QB comms were encrypted as well. Meaning you nor I with scanner could pick them up. Therefore someone had the encryption key loaded into the walkie talkies. That doesn't happen out of the blue.

This was planned and most likely has been executed before, but either way it's a massive violation. Add to it the pre planning aspect and it's worse than that.

I don't think they were communicating with the QB with them. I assumed it was the HC to DC or OC type stuff.

And yes the all communication through the headsets are encrypted.

Shouldn't this be equivalent in severity, if not even worse, than video taping from an unauthorized location?

A team's image with opposing fans, regarding infractions, is largely determined by the penalties imposed by the league as well as the media coverage of the issue.

I think we can be pretty sure that if it was the Pats accused of doing what the Giants/Steelers did, the issue would not be swept under the rug like they are for the Giants/Steelers.

I really can't think of anytime the NY/NJ teams have been severely for anything, and that is a big reason they are not associated with cheating.

A different, more honest commissioner, would have fans loathing the cheating Giants, Rats, and Broncos, if their issues were treated fairly and they were disciplined accordingly.

While people are always envious of the successful franchises, as I was for much of the Pats history, their current image of always pushing the envelope had been mostly manufactured by forces beyond their control.

A different, more honest commissioner, would have fans loathing the cheating Giants, Rats, and Broncos, if their issues were treated fairly and they were disciplined accordingly.

A different more competent commissioner would have kept a majority of the Scandal BS in house and not used it to glorify himself.

How long before the Xs and Os post game break down is completely obsolete, and we just proceed directly to an analysis of the various extrinsic rules violations?

"Now slow down the replay there Bob, I think I see ball boy possibly texting near the bench... Note the slight indent Roethlisburger's thumb leaves on the ball post-release... That ladies and gentlemen, was the difference today."

Dungy on NFLN :"this is very serious. If only a fine is issued then there will be owners calling and if i were there i would be one of them" .
The irony of this with the pats - teams think pats mess with the sideline to QB communication but here its completely forgotten that there was a sideline to QB communication issue and no one is being blamed for it.:)

Dungy on NFLN :"this is very serious. If only a fine is issued then there will be owners calling and if i were there i would be one of them" .
The irony of this with the pats - teams think pats mess with the sideline to QB communication but here its completely forgotten that there was a sideline to QB communication issue and no one is being blamed for it.:)

I saw that too, maybe the NFL will be forced to punish Giants after all.

"Oh alright!

Coach McAdoo suspended 4 games, and Giants forfeit 1st and 4th round picks in the 2017 draft.

Since this is their first offense, this sentence is suspended until the end of the season, if there are no more incidents, the penalty will be revoked."

d%#*!@t John, be more careful next time, people are starting to suspect we are not being fair!"

Last edited:
At least he's not sweeping it under the rug, but it's interesting that he's passively acknowledging that the league likely will.

LOL, yeah, sure they will...Wanna bet? That's what I thought...

There is no **** storm, the media doesn't care, so the NFL will put it on the ignore list. Maybe a small fine. If it was Belichick using the walkie talkie, the outrage would be over the top, everyone would be commenting on how the Patriots are cheating again.

I forgot this chestnut. Let's see how Giants fans and Patriots haters respond to this question: If this didn't give the Giants an advantage, why were they doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes