PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Investigates the Giants use of Walkie Talkies: IOW Tossing Red Herrings

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
NewGate: NFL investigating Giants for possible walkie-talkie violation

The NFL is investigating whether the Giants broke the rules when head coach Ben McAdoo used a walkie-talkie on the sideline to call plays in to Eli Manning during Sunday night’s 10-7 victory over the Cowboys, according to a league source.

The radio transmitter in Manning’s helmet malfunctioned for a handful of plays early in the fourth quarter. McAdoo then used a walkie-talkie and relayed the plays in to Manning.

The Cowboys filed a formal request with the league to investigate. NFL officials cannot ensure that teams using a walkie-talkie are in compliance with league rules, which stipulate the communication between the sideline and the quarterback shut off when 15 seconds remain on the play clock.

I expect 0 Dollars to be spent in investigating and 0 players to be suspended for 0 games.................

You notice it's always the losing team that always files complaints. But usually they get destroyed in the game. Pats destroy Jets, Jets file complaint about filming, Pats destroy Indy, Indy files deflate gate complaint (officially? ), Giants get crushed by Pittsburgh, deflategate complaint (but not official apparently). Giants barely beat Cowboys, Walkie Talkie gate.

Sure fire first rounder taken as recompense [if this were JMcD or BB or ERNIE ADAMS radioing illicitly].

Everyone else, not a matter of league integrity whatsoever. Carry on. Enjoy your day.

Bladino will say it was a judgement call and that they couldn't determine if they were walkies or tablets.

Sad that's actually believable.

Amazing no hot shot lawyer has taken this criminal enterprise on. With the amount of money being won/lost in all areas regarding the NFL, that the Justice department hasn't seen fit to investigate.

You have to wonder how long and how many times the Giants used walkie talkies in the past. Sounds like the Giants Super Bowls are tainted and Eli Mannings legacy is ruined.

And let's throw this in here too:

I expect 0 Dollars to be spent in investigating and 0 players to be suspended for 0 games.................
They might have some cash. I hear their holiday bake sale is doing well enough so that they might have some money left over to investigate after they buy the new sideline cameras.

:p

NFL may fine Giants for illegal use of walkie-talkies

To be clear:

They are not investigating the Giant's illegal use of pressure gauges on the sideline during the Steelers game.

They are not investigating the "deflated" footballs the Giants "informally" reported during the game.

Nope. They are investigating the Giants use of walkie talkies (a communication device) while their headsets (an official communication device) were not functioning.

Roger: "Mr. Mara, how do I handle this.....sir?"

Mara: "I have an idea"

The Giants will get fined and they will apologize blah blah blah while sweeping the real news under the rug.

You're crazy. There's no way Goodell touches his Woody for 100K for a little Revis love.

images%2Farticle%2F2016%2F01%2F04%2Fseinfield%2Bshudders%2Bgross.gif

I forsee another severe penalty forthcoming from the NYFL like the extreme $100,000 fine against the JETS for tampering on Revis.

It will be assessed against the Giants with Mara's permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back