PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want them to bring back Browner. I want some size at CB.

Same. He wouldn't start, nor would he get as much playing time as he did in 2014 (or 2015 w/ the Saints) but he could be useful situationally.

I think that Blount will resign with the Pats. I think the Pats have a number in mind and Blount is looking around to see if anyone will pay him more (so he can quit on that team and return to NE). Don't sleep on Tyler Gaffney, he's been hurt for two years, but might finally be healthy.

I would love to see the Pats grab up Keith Marshall from Georgia, he was recruited with Gurley and had as much hype, ran a 4.29 at the combine. He has good size 5'11" 200 and great speed. He split time with Gurley their freshman year, hurt his sophomore year and was behind Nick Chubb last year. He never really got a chance to show what he can do in college, but I think he will be a great NFL back.

I'm all for a flyer on Marshall in the late rounds. That's some serious athleticism for a big man. I thought he was up around 219 wherever I saw his stats with barely sub 4.4 40. Either way, big back with sone serious jets. I think Manx (could be mistaken) said he had issues seeing blocks, but I don't see how you don't take him if he's there in the 6th.

I originally rated this post "funny" but thought about it a little more. If Browner has been sufficiently humbled to the point where he'll accept a very small salary and situational role, it could work.

Same. He wouldn't start, nor would he get as much playing time as he did in 2014 (or 2015 w/ the Saints) but he could be useful situationally.

Maybe as a slot CB ?

As situational CB depth, I would try Browner out. Butler-Ryan-Roberts-Coleman-Browner seems like a relatively diverse group. Though, I wouldn't mind Tarell Brown back once he is healthy.

Maybe as a slot CB ?
I don't think you'd want him in any situation where he'd have to chase anyone laterally or vertically down the field. As a 4th or 5th guy on the depth chart generally, maaaybe. He could have some value in situations in the red zone where his lack of speed or actual coverage skill couldn't be exposed and his size and physicality could be used to an advantage. I wouldn't hate watching him jam some big WRs/TEs or light up some guys (was that Green he got against SD? that was beasty), but that expectation would have to be balanced with the reality that he's still going to get flagged a lot when he does jam at the line and he's going to get run by a lot when he doesn't. Probably not worth it.

Man, we're having a pretty good off season, and the Broncos and Dolts are having pretty lousy offseasons.

This indeed is a good off season!

NBC Miami reports Ravens CB Tray Walker is in critical condition following a motorcycle accident.

Man, we're having a pretty good off season, and the Broncos and Dolts are having pretty lousy offseasons.

This indeed is a good off season!
That can change pretty quickly. Elway is proving to be a worthy adversary.

That can change pretty quickly. Elway is proving to be a worthy adversary.

No he isn't. He's a terrible GM. Pay a lot of people big money. Luck into a SB. Now when he has to make real moves he croaks. He's a paper tiger and what is this quick change going to happen and how?

No he isn't. He's a terrible GM. Pay a lot of people big money. Luck into a SB. Now when he has to make real moves he croaks. He's a paper tiger and what is this quick change going to happen and how?
You don't luck into a Super Bowl. Sure, the Broncos had a lot of things break in their favor but they hammered an excellent team in SB50. Pay them the credit they deserve.

You don't luck into a Super Bowl. Sure, the Broncos had a lot of things break in their favor but they hammered an excellent team in SB50. Pay them the credit they deserve.

This is why I laugh when people make claims that so-and-so will be better than Manning. Look at his passer rating! His picks!

In the last three years, Denver got there twice. I'm glad Manning's gone and I don't care about his numbers. That team will miss him sorely.

I really think Pats can do better than Blount @ RB and ill be pretty disappointed if next season he is the "big" back on the roster.

The big back is meant to be the one that can get you the hard yards in close games that are trench wars and while Blount has shown to be hard to bring down when he has some momentum, all to often when they need him to get the hard yards he doesnt make it past the LOS.

IMO he is the quintessential front runner that we like to make fun of. His big games come against teams we blow out that dont want to tackle him. Outside of the Colts he has been non existent in the playoffs. He isnt a factor in the passing game and it almost tips our hand when he is in because more often than not its gonna be a run if he is in.

Umm yes you do. If it wasn't for Jamaal Charles getting the fumbles in weeks 2 they are in Gillette. Harper fumbling the punt opened the door for the officials to take over. Playing San Diego in week 17 with half the Chargers team on IR and then half the rest going on it during the game and still barely beating them.

So yes they completely lucked into that.

Umm yes you do. If it wasn't for Jamaal Charles getting the fumbles in weeks 2 they are in Gillette. Harper fumbling the punt opened the door for the officials to take over. Playing San Diego in week 17 with half the Chargers team on IR and then half the rest going on it during the game and still barely beating them.

So yes they completely lucked into that.
That sounds more like the failure to execute on behalf of their opposition opposed to a string of luck. There's 16 regular season games and 3 playoff games. That's 19 games the Broncos played in. Did they get lucky? Sure. Did they win a Super Bowl because of luck? No. They won because they capitalized on what was in front of them and in clutch moments, their D came up big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back