PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

A 0/1-Tech DT > Carl's Junior Davis (shouldn't be that hard, I mean c'mon man);

A DE with past pass-rushing production (a healthy Tre Flowers will do just fine thank you);

And another CB because Mills & Mitchell should never, EVER be considered starters on ANY team that fancies itself a contender, even for just a Wild Card... Dam but Bill has really ****ed up this position...
I think right now they had Butler and Mitchell starting. And I heard they were working Mills out at safety.

And another CB because Mills & Mitchell should never, EVER be considered starters on ANY team that fancies itself a contender, even for just a Wild Card... Dam but Bill has really ****ed up this position...

I seem to remember us beating Payton manning in the playoffs with a bunch of retreads after most of our secondary got hurt.

Bb can scheme secondaries better than anybody I have ever seen. Let’s give him a shot with these guys before passing judgement!

I hope it’s DT, DT and DE instead. Flowers should be one and DT’s will probably be when teams start making cuts…or a trade.
Flowers isn’t a DT.

Edit: misread the post

Last edited:
A 0/1-Tech DT > Carl's Junior Davis (shouldn't be that hard, I mean c'mon man);

A DE with past pass-rushing production (a healthy Tre Flowers will do just fine thank you);

Mills was a starter for a team that earned a wild card last year. And he played well.

Larry Ogunjobi, Sheldon Richardson, and Ndamukong Suh are still available for DT. The former two aren't the players they used to be, but there is still some talent available at the DT position if the Pats want to add to it.

Mills was a starter for a team that earned a wild card last year. And he played well.

I expect more from my starting CB - especially when considering how much he was/is being paid - than Zero Interceptions... Zero.

I seem to remember us beating Payton manning in the playoffs with a bunch of retreads after most of our secondary got hurt.

Bb can scheme secondaries better than anybody I have ever seen. Let’s give him a shot with these guys before passing judgement!

2004 NEP retread secondary still > our 2022 projected secondary.

You mean when HOF Ty Law picked him off 3 times? Law was hardly a "retread" neither was Rodney or Asante, Tyrone Poole did play in that game (and actually recovered a fumble) but I would take that secondary even today with all of them in their 40s over what they are going to throw out there in 2022.

Still thinking since Trey Flowers still isn't signed anywhere, he might be just waiting to sign on with the Pats in training camp.
I asked Lazar about Flowers last week and you are correct, he still is unsigned...please see his response below:

Hi Evan, Any updates/news on Trey Flowers?
— ashley1992 (@ashley1992__) June 15, 2022
None. Flowers is likely still working on getting healthy so he can work out for interested teams.

I expect more from my starting CB - especially when considering how much he was/is being paid - than Zero Interceptions... Zero.
I’d rather have a guy who allows few plays and gets few picks thana guy beaten all day long and gets a pick every now and then.

In any event your comment was that a team even thinking about a wild card shouldn’t have the guy who started on a team that made a wild card as their starter.

I asked Lazar about Flowers last week and you are correct, he still is unsigned...please see his response below:

"None. Flowers is likely still working on getting healthy so he can work out for interested teams."

Looks like the knee injury that ended his season last year is still keeping him from signing with anyone this year, at least at the price he's seeking...

You mean when HOF Ty Law picked him off 3 times? Law was hardly a "retread" neither was Rodney or Asante, Tyrone Poole did play in that game (and actually recovered a fumble) but I would take that secondary even today with all of them in their 40s over what they are going to throw out there in 2022.

I'm sure he's referring to 2004 when they held Manning to 3 points with a 2nd year Samuel, undrafted rookie Gay and Troy Brown.

I'd put the call out to Suh and Flowers, see where they are at.

Looks like the knee injury that ended his season last year is still keeping him from signing with anyone this year, at least at the price he's seeking...
whats his price range? I hadn't heard anything yet about what he is looking for...

whats his price range? I hadn't heard anything yet about what he is looking for...

I imagine there are teams that might be willing to sign him right now for something close to the vet minimum for one year, but Flowers I'm sure is seeking more than that and is willing to not sign at those terms and instead wait until his knee has improved enough for him to put on a right proper workout, with guaranteed money at stake... Mere speculation here, but that seems to be how matters such as these go sometimes...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back