PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

Wouldn't be shocked to see this happen... Mayfield will soon enough no longer be around to ignore him whenever he's open, at least according to OBSenior...

If this is season ending, the Jags are going to need a back up.

Fear not; the Andover Assassin, EJ Perry to the rescue!

I also wonder if the Saints would consider moving Taysom Hill & his horrible contract off their books, if the Jags would even have any interest in him in the first place...

Out of those on this list: Duane Brown & JC Tretter (protecting a possible franchise QB on his rookie contract is Job 1); Trey Flowers (we have Nobody to provide disruption from the edge of the LOS besides Judon); maybe Kevin King on a bounce-back; and a healthy OBJ.

I used to respect you - not anymore ;)

I have no idea where to put this, but if true, I'm glad we didn't draft Burks...he was on my list of players I wanted to draft.

I have no idea where to put this, but if true, I'm glad we didn't draft Burks...he was on my list of players I wanted to draft.

I read a report close to the draft that the GMs had Burks as the receiver most likely to be a early round bust.
He could be their Harry.
However everyone was burying Chase after comments about the color of the football and a bad preseason.

I read a report close to the draft that the GMs had Burks as the receiver most likely to be a early round bust.
He could be their Harry.
However everyone was burying Chase after comments about the color of the football and a bad preseason.
There will be a lot of WR busts.

There will be a lot of WR busts.

Besides the one I'm thinking is a possibility, whom do you have in mind?
I'm also ass-uming you are mainly referring to those drafted within the top 163 (Kyle Phillips)...

He could be their Harry.
He'll have to earn the privilege to be called a solid blocker first...

Besides the one I'm thinking is a possibility, whom do you have in mind?
I'm also ass-uming you are mainly referring to those drafted within the top 163 (Kyle Phillips)...
Only thinking one. Says a lot about how you formulated your conclusion.

He could be their Harry.

There is a legendary story about how a Cowboys kicker was out of breath at a training camp practice when he was struggling to run sprints. He told Jimmy Johnson that he had asthma. Jimmy told him "the asthma field is over there." That player never played a snap for the Cowboys. Brutal, but that is the reality of the NFL.

Right now with the cap exploding next year due to the new TV contract, the cap doesn’t mean much. I think once most of the salaries adjust to the new cap explosion in three years or so, teams will be back to experiencing cap issues. It will never be like it was in the 90s and early 2000s where teams did get in legitimate cap hell, but it will go back to what it was like for the last decade where teams could get in cap heck.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back