PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

With Collins signing in CIN, Bill has no choice but to re-sign Brown. Now if SEA would ever allow him to leave.

What's the best guess on his avg annual pay? $11M?
I have a feeling that Brown is gone too unfortunately

OK, TODAY is the day that BB starts signing players........

Seriously, now that Collins has moved, you have to think its time for Brown to make his decision. If the Pats can't bring him back they are looking at a total rebuild of the OL from scraps.

Still plenty of good players out there, however most of them are over 30.

Today is also the NHL trading deadline, so lets see who makes more moves today BB or Sweeney.

Is there a date when fa signings stop counting against the compensatory formula?

OK, TODAY is the day that BB starts signing players........
Seriously, now that Collins has moved, you have to think its time for Brown to make his decision. If the Pats can't bring him back they are looking at a total rebuild of the OL from scraps.

Still plenty of good players out there, however most of them are over 30.

Today is also the NHL trading deadline, so lets see who makes more moves today BB or Sweeney.
Question:

Why not trade for Collins before his releade if they wanted him thst much

Why trade your best OL when you know you may not be able to resign Brown

Seems reckless

I believe that we have nine LB's under 29, all but Judon and Langi. And Langi won't get many DEF reps even he makes the 53.
Yes exactly. Not re-signing some of our older, slower players got us there.

If they get a true (future) CB1 in the draft, I'm fine with Butler. Gonna be interesting how he avoids questions about SB52

I don’t think he has anything left, but why not take a look.

I guess things are cool now?
Butler would be a decent get.
He’s a fiesty veteran who should be somewhat cheap.
I like the move.
That man will at least get something free everywhere he goes in New England.
That maybe the best and craziest play I’ve ever seen.
My emotions changed so fast when I saw him break in front of that ball.

That is pretty odd. He is a good player, but we are completely full at RB (plus have 2 TE’s to get on the field).
And if we have limited money spend, can we spend it somewhere it’s needed?

If we sign fournette… even though Damien is my favorite current patriot, I wonder if we would trade him for a position of need. Especially with his contract extension/free agency coming up.

totally agree:

The 70 catches. That's where he would fit. I know James White was retained but no guarantee he hasn't lost a step after that injury

Just look at what happened when Damien Harris had the lingering hammy issue. I know Rham stepped up but there was no 1-2 punch when either were out.

Also peope can say "below average WR corp" but Harris, Stevenson and Fournette would easily be the best RB corp in the league.

That is pretty odd. He is a good player, but we are completely full at RB (plus have 2 TE’s to get on the field).
And if we have limited money spend, can we spend it somewhere it’s needed?

It's especially interesting because you wonder why he's not just automatically back with TB now that Brady is returning. I doubt he's commanding so much money that they would have to overextend to keep him, so either he is looking for a different scene or the team doesn't really want him back. He did more in the passing game in TB than I thought he would, but I wouldn't consider him reliable in that area, and regardless I doubt he's looking for a 3rd down type of role. Interesting visit for sure.

EDIT: Just saw @JMC00 post above. I had no idea he was that involved in the passing game, not just last year but he had 70+ one year in Jax too. I had it in my head he was a pure runner. My bad.

Well, the Patriots are doing stuff. It's only 8:38 AM and we already have a re-signing and three FA visits.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back