PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

Julio is actually a fit considering he doesn’t count in the comp pick formula & will be affordable. Maybe he has something left in the tank & you pair him with a rookie.
I wonder if Julio thinks that he should be making a low salary. I am guessing NOT.

I don't think Jones was particularly dominant at pressuring either last year. I didn't watch a lot of Cards games last year. So I could be wrong.
Jones had 11 sacks, 15 hits, and 21 hurries in 2021. His run defense was horrid..

While the article I used to use to show BB's position on the cap is no longer available, the reality is that the cap is, indeed, crap.
No. the cap isn't crap. Not surprised you believe it is. You've never understood it.

I thought Green Bay was resigning him

They reported that on Monday, but now there is a thought that they are not a lock on getting him back.

Jones had 11 sacks, 15 hits, and 21 hurries in 2021. His run defense was horrid..

He had 10.5 sacks with five of them in the first game of the season. I don't know the breakdown of the other stats, but I bet they were heavily loaded in that game. But if you have a freakish game in the first game of the year and then fall off for the next 17 games, that isn't a good season.

If the Pats are interested in Robinson, this is what you want to hear... or not hear.

Sounds like he isn't getting the offer he wants from the Patriots.
He was told to go look around the league and get back to the Pats. They've done this regularly with players.

Brett Favre took his team to the NFC Championship game in 2009 at age 40 and played quite well that year. The truth is no one sane wants to continue to play football in this league until 45 due to a) they want a life with their family and b) too many hits aren't good for you. But there is always an idiot out there who wants to do things differently.
Now Brady's an idiot? ************.

Also, you realize of course that Favre completely f***ed up that NFCCG? With the game tied late in the 4th-quarter he had a receiver wide open, or he could have ran for 10 yards, which would have put them in position for a game-winning FG, but instead he threw a pass across his body and right into the arms of a DB. Typically Favre. Game went to overtime and they lost.

I’ll just say I disagree with virtually everything you said and leave it at that.
Seems like I had some irrefutable facts in there... hard to disagree with those.

I think the Pats are being very wise by sitting pat and letting the market come to them.
Is that was this is called?

Also, the Pats moved Mason for a 5th...I think primarily because we didn't get any comp picks this year and wanted some more picks in the draft.

I think we can expect a large UDFA class as well....
Are you mocking the Patriots? Trading their best offensive lineman because they wanted more late round draft picks??

Chandler gets $51M for 3 years.
Another AFC team adding quality pieces. I was hoping the Patriots would take a serious run at Jones.

FA wish list
2 capable WRs or a stud number 1
Pass rushing DL
More depth at linebacker
Starting quality corners 2 more signed
At least 2 starting OL signed.
Either Bailey or Hekker at Punter.

Seems like I had some irrefutable facts in there... hard to disagree with those.
Nah, it’s mostly just opinion, surrounded by drawing poor conclusions from the few facts that you stated and misused.

In any event, I know how this story ends so I have no interest in engaging your negativity.
I am here because I am a patriots fan, and have no room in my world for botching to get attention.
Carry on.

Old news. Never mind. Carry on.

He had 10.5 sacks with five of them in the first game of the season. I don't know the breakdown of the other stats, but I bet they were heavily loaded in that game. But if you have a freakish game in the first game of the year and then fall off for the next 17 games, that isn't a good season.
I got the 11 from PFF. And I didn't begin to imply otherwise in regards to where Jones got his sacks.

Here is the screenshot of the 3 stats from PFF.

1647464420542.png

Here is Pro-football-reference.com info:

I'm not touting Jones.. Just providing reference.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back