PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

Replacing Gunner?
1) replacing Bolden as a KR.

2) replacing Bolden as a special teamer.

3) replacing Bolden as a backup to White.

4) Montgomery hasn't returned punts in the NFL.

One things for sure with this passive stance in FA the Pats are going to be banking on some young Players stepping up this season. Some from last years Draft and some from the upcoming Draft...hope they did their homework in evaluating players that fit.

strange FA this yr

CeLzIwkUMAAT9jV.jpg

Like they couldn’t in 2001? There have been many teams to get to or win a SB with lesser or young QBs.
No way does a team say we can get better but we don’t want to because next year is our year.

But again even if you are playing for 23 how is bringing in a guy now instead of next year, to grow the offense worse than throwing a skid out there for a year and making a new guy figure it out in the year you want him to be great?

3 second year QBs have been on teams that won the SB......Pats had the stars align, Steelers with Big Ben and Seattle with one of the 3 best defenses of the past what, 40 years? BR came in as an 11 with a decent roster, they were one year removed from a 10 win team, and that '03-'04 season was a weird one for Pitt, the roster wasn't bad....

3 other QB's have made it in their 2nd year......one was Warner, who really was a weird "2nd year" QB....Kapernick and Marino.....that Rams roster in '98 wasn't in bad shape, a lot of pieces were in shape.....SF had 8 years of losing seasons to draft from by the time they got kapernick, multiple HOF players on that roster during Kaps rookie season....and dan marino was, well, dan marino

the odds are not good, especially with the roster rebuild that is going on at the same time, that this is the year to go all in on......if they are slow playing it in 2023, i'd be worried

Just a reminder: Mac will be on the cheap cap for another 4-5years. Still has things to prove.
No rush needed.
Its a 2y league contract wise. Only draftees 4-5y.
Competitive? Yes.
All in? No.
What’s the difference? You build the best team you can and get in a position to win.
I’m not even sure what all in means. Hanging on to aging players to keep a winner together? I’m not sure how filling holes to be able to compete against your division rival is all in.
We need to win this year, that’s what this year is about. Giving up without trying to win should get anyone who does it fired.

What’s the difference? You build the best team you can and get in a position to win.
I’m not even sure what all in means. Hanging on to aging players to keep a winner together? I’m not sure how filling holes to be able to compete against your division rival is all in.
We need to win this year, that’s what this year is about. Giving up without trying to win should get anyone who does it fired.

sometimes i just think you post to string together responses

like you've got a chart on your wall as to how many responses you can generate, regardless of the nonsense you post

OT market hasn't really moved yet - plenty of options. T.Brown, Collins, D.Wlliams best options re comp picks.

Collins played RT & LG for the Cowboys. Seems those are 2 exact places we need replacements.
Same age as Brown, but doesn't seem as injury prone, but had 1 whole year off with a hip injury in 2020, so less wear and tear.
I say he'd be a great pickup.
Wynn - Collins - Andrews - Onwenu - Herron
Then Collins & Onwenu are good Tackle backups, and Sherman & Ferentz the Guard backups.

Yeah Collins is redundant and will want too much money....

Wait...what?

3 second year QBs have been on teams that won the SB......Pats had the stars align, Steelers with Big Ben and Seattle with one of the 3 best defenses of the past what, 40 years? BR came in as an 11 with a decent roster, they were one year removed from a 10 win team, and that '03-'04 season was a weird one for Pitt, the roster wasn't bad....

3 other QB's have made it in their 2nd year......one was Warner, who really was a weird "2nd year" QB....Kapernick and Marino.....that Rams roster in '98 wasn't in bad shape, a lot of pieces were in shape.....SF had 8 years of losing seasons to draft from by the time they got kapernick, multiple HOF players on that roster during Kaps rookie season....and dan marino was, well, dan marino

the odds are not good, especially with the roster rebuild that is going on at the same time, that this is the year to go all in on......if they are slow playing it in 2023, i'd be worried
Add to that Eli Manning, Flacco, Brad Johnson, the battered unit calling itself Peyton Manning in 15, Trent differ, Doug Williams, Rex gross man, Stan humphries, mark rypien, Chris chandler, etc etc and others and there are many lesser or as young QBs who won it went to SBs.

And once again how do we gain from adding day a #1 WR like Robinson next year instead of this year? They will help more next year if they are here this year, Macs development will be better if they are here this year. The team is better next year because of that.
What disadvantage is there?

Maybe we are after Smith?
But I would guess Rams or Chiefs

sometimes i just think you post to string together responses

like you've got a chart on your wall as to how many responses you can generate, regardless of the nonsense you post
I post responses to the people who respond to my posts.
There is a notification that you receive when someone quotes your posts and makes comments. When I get that, I read it and reply.
Pretty basic stuff.

Add to that Eli Manning, Flacco, Brad Johnson, the battered unit calling itself Peyton Manning in 15, Trent differ, Doug Williams, Rex gross man, Stan humphries, mark rypien, Chris chandler, etc etc and others and there are many lesser or as young QBs who won it went to SBs.

And once again how do we gain from adding day a #1 WR like Robinson next year instead of this year? They will help more next year if they are here this year, Macs development will be better if they are here this year. The team is better next year because of that.
What disadvantage is there?

until Joe Burrow this year, only 6 QBs went to a SB in their 2nd year

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST