PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL fires official Hugo Cruz, who missed false start in Chargers-Browns

FortressX

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Some radical action by the NFL
One of the most blatant blown calls in the NFL this year was a missed false start on the Chargers against the Browns, when left tackle Russell Okung moved early on a play when the Chargers scored a touchdown. The official who missed that call has reportedly been fired.

Hugo Cruz, the down judge who should have flagged Okung and blown the play dead, has been fired, according to FootballZebras.com.
NFL fires official Hugo Cruz, who missed false start in Chargers-Browns

He was part of the Jaguars v Patriots crew.

Let's end this ref charade.
Anyone in the know understands SkyNet is in control.
The only on the field piece of equipment necessary is a single AI device charged with ball retrieval and placement
I shall name it Peyton based on his legendary ball placement technique

Good holding refs accountable in the NFL is extremely important. Consistency is vital to the continuing success of the NFL.

Go Pats

and now our next contestant...Jerome Boger..COME ON DOWN!
I’m shocked and a little disappointed you didn’t call him “Jerome Booger”, to be honest

I can think of more candidates for the pink slip tonight!!

As technology improves, the sports leagues need to adapt and keep up.
Watching the World Series - umpires calling strikes four or five inches out of the zone. There is really no reason to accept this anymore.
If the unions demand, fine, pay them to sit and watch with us. But no reason to accept calls that 100% of the fans watching the game know are wrong.
Use the technology. Eliminate stupidly bad calls.

I saw that play live and it was ridiculous it wasn’t called. Tackles leaving early has been a problem for a while and the NFL keeps ignoring it. The tackles have a clear advantage cheating to the outside so pass rushers can’t speed rush them.

The NFL also needs to ban Guards from squatting at the line of scrimmage then standing up and getting the signal from the QB to relay to the Center. The home crowd becomes a nonfactor for road teams. The Steelers are the biggest offenders of this.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back