PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL FA signing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayes is a very good rotational lineman. Frankly, I'd rather have him than Sheard too, and the price was basically nothing. Good move by the Dolphins, however much it hurts me to say it.

The only drawback is that Hayes will be 32 soon (I think) and Sheard is only 27. Still could have been a great value for the Pats as a stopgap while a rookie (or two) develops.

Mario Williams? You're crazy dude. Barwin is way better than Williams at this stage in their careers.

I'm not even sure that Williams versus Barwin is a reasonable comparison.

Williams: 6070/295 DE/DT
Barwin: 6035/260 OLB/DE

I'm not even sure that Williams versus Barwin is a reasonable comparison.

Williams: 6070/295 DE/DT
Barwin: 6035/260 OLB/DE

You are putting too much thought into it. You just need to get used to some of the resident trolls..

The operative word in this paragraph is Goodell. Also Jets.

SMH.. People don't seem to understand that Goodell can't just throw crap around when the league already has established penalties for a violation. For the Brady situation, we know that Goodell changed what Brady was being punished for. How is he going to do that with Floyd when the only reason Floyd is there is because of the Alcohol issue? One that he'll have a court document saying he served..

Well, they ain't getting Hightower. With that deal, why not just guarantee the whole thing.

Well, they ain't getting Hightower. With that deal, why not just guarantee the whole thing.

We should make the all vomit team. It will slow the offense and defense down. First pick is McNabb.

IDK. He is 31 and wasn't impressive last year IIRC. A bit too rich.

SMH.. People don't seem to understand that Goodell can't just throw crap around when the league already has established penalties for a violation. For the Brady situation, we know that Goodell changed what Brady was being punished for. How is he going to do that with Floyd when the only reason Floyd is there is because of the Alcohol issue? One that he'll have a court document saying he served..

Yes, he absolutely can do that. There were also established penalties for equipment tampering, and that's exactly what the Brady/NFLPA team argued in court: that specific language overrides the general, so any penalty specifically negotiated in the CBA must be punished according to those specifics, and not the general authority that the commissioner has to do whatever he wants for whatever reason he wants. And look at where that argument got Brady. Goodell now has a federal appeals court decision affirming that he can do whatever the hell he wants, regardless of previously established penalties meticulously laid out in the CBA, as long as he says the words "Article 42".

Will he exercise those powers over Floyd's DUI? Probably not. I'd be surprised if he did, but he can and it wouldn't be the most ******ed thing he's ever done.

Has poe been signed yet?

Has poe been signed yet?

No. At least I am pretty sure. No updates said he has. However since we signed Branch I don't see much point. If they sign a DT I want more of a pass rusher like Jared Odrick

It's just the offseason, I know, but I'm really liking what the Titans are doing. If Mariota takes another step forward, I wouldnt be shocked if the Titans were the 3rd best team in the AFC.

Cyprien and Ryan are a really solid duo for their weakest link, the secondary.

Yes, he absolutely can do that. There were also established penalties for equipment tampering, and that's exactly what the Brady/NFLPA team argued in court: that specific language overrides the general, so any penalty specifically negotiated in the CBA must be punished according to those specifics, and not the general authority that the commissioner has to do whatever he wants for whatever reason he wants. And look at where that argument got Brady. Goodell now has a federal appeals court decision affirming that he can do whatever the hell he wants, regardless of previously established penalties meticulously laid out in the CBA, as long as he says the words "Article 42".

What Goodell has is a paper saying he can punish people the way he wants when the penalties aren't established. And, since Goodell CHANGED what Brady was being penalized for, THAT is how he got around the pre-existing penalties issue.

Go and look at the statement that Goodell made AFTER the "arbitration" hearing. Plain as day that he wasn't being suspended for the footballs but for not cooperating and "destroying his phone". And that was the issue that Brady's team fought against. That is the issue that the Country's best arbitration lawyer filed his Amicus brief in regards to.. The fact that Goodell CHANGED what the punishment was for..

Goodell does not have a paper saying that he can toss previously negotiated penalties out the window.

OH. One last thing. There is no "set" punishment for equipment violations. It's actually very open-ended. It's significantly different than the Alcohol and Drug Policy that the League has which has been followed in every other case.. And with Richardson, there was no blood test done by the police to see if he was actually on weed at the time. Not sure why.

Last edited:
No. At least I am pretty sure. No updates said he has. However since we signed Branch I don't see much point. If they sign a DT I want more of a pass rusher like Jared Odrick

I would love Odrick. They need some pass rushing.

Strange that Mr. 9 million plus per year Bennett hasn't been signed yet.

Yeah, but it's only day two. It is still mildly surprising, but not too too surprising.

I was thinking the raiders would have signed him. Giants had some interest as well.

Watch him end up back here @ $5 Milll:D Bennett might have overvalued himself. Teams have been hitting on TE's recently in the Draft and there is a spectacular bunch to pick from this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back