PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL FA signing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well, i wouldn't be trading Butler too.

Leaves the cornerback position thin if you lose both Butler and Ryan.

It feels like a mini silver lining victory whenever we lose a player to someone in the Colts division

There's also the possibility the Patriots could be preparing for life after Minitron. Given the hits he's taken and how quickly Welker fell off a cliff, it's a consideration.

It's one of the things I admire about BB. Where he can, he's looking to fill needs a head of time.

How do you figure that "Welker fell off a cliff"? If you mean because he had Peyton "I hang my receivers out to get their heads taken off" Manning throwing to him, I'd agree. But he was also on a team that had Demerius Thomas, Eric Decker, and Julius Thomas..

Wes Welker Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Mingo will keep riding his "potential" to at least one more contract after also the Colts realize that his body just can't maintain an NFL physique. Amazing. Got paid even after just being a ST player here.

Thats not what im saying. Kraft intervened on wilforks behalf when the front office was playing hard ball. The monies not coming out of bbs pockect, its coming out of krafts.

Kraft should keep his old, spineless fingers in his pockets or alternatively in that bimbo that he keeps parading around but please just far away from intervening with BB's plan.

Saw that a bit ago. Guess Sheard visit didn't go so well.

Come back on a cheap deal, rebuild your value with a season of total dedication and go cash in next year Jabaal.

How do you figure that "Welker fell off a cliff"? If you mean because he had Peyton "I hang my receivers out to get their heads taken off" Manning throwing to him, I'd agree. But he was also on a team that had Demerius Thomas, Eric Decker, and Julius Thomas..

Wes Welker Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Because his 2013-2015 statistics rather clearly show he fell off a cliff?

I'm concerned JE could go down the same path if he continues absorbing some of the big hits he's taken. Welker's history of concussions caught up with him and not that I'm saying Minitron is in the same boat but he's taken some bloody big hits for this team.

I hope not. Jordan Matthews is nothing more than a slot receiver. a mediocre one at that

Matthews put up good numbers with mediocre QB's would hate to see what he could do with Brady. :confused:

If building a potentially Elite Denver type Secondary means not having Brandin Cooks I am all for it. Also the Pats have Michael Floyd in their back pockets but they have to play it like he's getting atleat 4 Games he can't help us in those.

Day Two: We need Hightower and Butler resolved. I hope we extend both.

Then comes the smaller contracts:

I would love to sign Odrick who has great versatility on the D/L either as a Tackle or End and you know BB and MP will use him to the best of his abilities and mix it up.

One year prove it deal for Connor Barwin where he might not start but where he can find a niche and set himself up for a bigger contract next season.

Sign a savvy veteran who will play hard to get that championship ring. Choose a DE from Dumervil or Peppers. I imagine DeMarcus Ware is going to be too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes