PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL conspiracy theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically he said that it was obvious from early on that roughing up wide receivers was NOT going to be called, and that this disrupted the Patriots offense. He specifically pointed out an early no call where Lloyd took a two-handed shot to the face as he was trying to get off the line, and other instances where there was a lot of contact beyond 5 yards.

They clearly were letting them get away with a lot. This was a lot better for the Ravens personnel than the Patriots (big WRs vs little WRs). That being said, there's almost always less PI called in the playoffs than the regular season (which is something I really dislike. Be consistent).

The Patriots just didn't seem to adjust to this at all. Part of it is that they lost their only big CB pretty early, but they played an awful lot of soft zone in the 2nd half.

Finally a guy with a website that provides TONs of info on fixes
on not only the NFL but other sports as well.

There is so much but this is most interesting:

A guy tried to trademark the term "Harbowl" but the NFL lawyers
scared the crap out of him and thus succeeded in preventing
the trademark! the kicker is:

. . .This happened in August of 2012 !

The man who trademarked

if you really want to know more see the link to article below and
also check out the many menu links about fixes.

Professional Fantasy Football? - The Fix Is In
I would have made them go through expense and hassle of suing me, and then defended myself pro se (which I've done before). I'm sure I'd lose, but I would have no fear whatsoever of being ordered to pay their court/legal fees. It would essentially be the league paying tens of thousands of dollars in lawyer fees and all it would cost me would be an evening of preparation and an afternoon of my time. :D

I don't buy the conspiracy angle. Any real fix by the NFL would perforce involve so many people that it would leak out.

But that said, I could see the NFL mandating that the zebras call the rough stuff loose, with a specific intent to help the more physical team.

That said, as Mangini noted, the Pats could have seen how the game was being called and adjusted.

When you have business partners in the media (they're all connected), they don't leak that type of stuff out.

Do you think the mafia exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye