PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL coaching and executives carousel: news and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bears appear to have very poor ownership/GM acumen. Hiring Fox was a big mistake and now this guy? It's pretty sad. Chicago is an NFL bedrock franchise that just can't get out of its own way.
They seem to lack leadership with vision so there seems to be no continuity in decision making.
Fox isn’t a bad coach, but he was wrong for that job and they never really did much to help him out.

Not really. Nesn already reported that while Matty is Lions top choice, he prefers the Giants. If the Giants want him,pretty sure he's gone.
Honestly how would nesn know that?

“Reported” has become the equivalent of “someone with the Internet thinks”.

Or as someone posted earlier this week “according to a source who has opinions on football matters”

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly how would nest know that?

“Reported” has become the equivalent of “someone with the Internet thinks”.

Or as someone posted earlier this week “according to a source who has opinions on football matters”

I agree. But in this case,seems legit as it has been reported by numerous different media that Patricia wants the Giants job.
Personally, I think that was always the case,given his roots, but the question was did the Giants want HIM as their 1st choice- and it seems,they do over all the other guys. If I'm the Giants,he'd my 1st choice as well, just ahead of Josh.

I agree. But in this case,seems legit as it has been reported by numerous different media that Patricia wants the Giants job.
Personally, I think that was always the case,given his roots, but the question was did the Giants want HIM as their 1st choice- and it seems,they do over all the other guys. If I'm the Giants,he'd my 1st choice as well, just ahead of Josh.
But the other dynamic that happens not is one guy reads the other guys tweet then gives his own “report” based on that.
We saw that with the jimmy g Cleveland trade rumors.

I just see no logic reason that matt Patricia would be telling the media what his preference is. What reason could he possibly have? And “someone close to him” that he would discuss it with wouldn’t be stabbing him in the back by sharing it with a reporter.

It may turn out to be true, it may not but it’s a guess and the amount of things “reported” that never happen us at an all time high.

But the other dynamic that happens not is one guy reads the other guys tweet then gives his own “report” based on that.

I just see no logic reason that matt Patricia would be telling the media what his preference is. What reason could he possibly have? And “someone close to him” that he would discuss it with wouldn’t be stabbing him in the back by sharing it with a reporter.

It may turn out to be true, it may not but it’s a guess and the amount of things “reported” that never happen us at an all time high.

Yeah, not the best negotiating tactic, so I am going to call BS on it.

Yeah, not the best negotiating tactic, so I am going to call BS on it.

You can call it whatever you want, doesn't make it any less or more true.
None of us knows. We'll find out soon enough.

The Giants are just dysfunctional mess with questionable ownership, a broken locker room and a team that on defense will not be sustainable for much longer than the upcoming season.

His first big obstacle would be what to do about Odell. I know you can't quantify the amount of cancer caused to a team by selfishness - but it's real and destructive. So, while his stats show he's elite, in my opinion he's been a net negative. I think I know how Belichick would handle it (meeting clearly outlining expectations and it would be Odell’s decision to buy in or not). There would be no accommodations regarding rules only off field personality accommodations.

Sadly,Andy, most of what you posted here is true.
Sports "reporting", and all teporting in general,is not what it used to be.
Also, the most credible Patriots source, Mike Reiss, has been silent. But that's not unusual for him,he sits on a lot of stuff,doesn't speculate much. One reason why I've heard he's the most trusted media guy by those INSIDE Gillette.

The "bright lights, big city" media pressure is a non-issue,imo, for Matty P in NYC.
Fact is, the brightest lights and biggest media focus in the country is in New England.
What IS a big negative to me, tho,is the ownership. Are those clowns gonna show the same Kraft-like patience Matt saw in New England?
The roster is a mess.
But Matty P has all the tools to turn it around-IF they give him a legit shot- are least 3-4 years. We'll see.

McD can advise Matty P on what it's like to coach a perpetually mediocre QB and diva WR.

McD can advise Matty P on what it's like to coach a perpetually mediocre QB and diva WR.
Actually he could advise him how to get rid of them before they play a down for you.

Anyone who was even in modest demand, and taking that Giants gig, would have to be assured that the team was taking a QB with that first pick. Once that happens, NYC will accept that Manning had, at most, one more season in town, because Eli's declining numbers are there for all to see, and so are the bad overall Giants seasons. McDaniels' problem (among many) was that there were still people who hadn't figured out that Cutler was always going to be a loser. At that time, Cutler was the 26 year old who just needed to put it all together, in the minds of many.

The Bears appear to have very poor ownership/GM acumen. Hiring Fox was a big mistake and now this guy? It's pretty sad. Chicago is an NFL bedrock franchise that just can't get out of its own way.

For whatever it's worth, Andy Reid is known to have called Matt Nagy the "best head coaching candidate he's ever had." That's an interesting comment given the number of Reid coaching-tree guys who've spread around the league.

Andy Reid says Matt Nagy is the best coaching candidate he's had

Seahawks defensive coordinator Kris Richard interviewed for the Colts’ head coaching job and he may be looking for a new job even if Indianapolis goes in a different direction.

Dave Mahler of KJR Radio reported Wednesday that Richard will be leaving the team while Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Richard “would be allowed out of his contract” if another team wanted to bring him onto their staff. The Seahawks have already parted ways with offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell after missing the playoffs for the first time since 2011.

Kris Richard may be leaving Seahawks as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back