PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Cancels Pro-Bowl

Does this mean the playoffs can be pushed back to allow a ‘makeup week’ if needed and not have a week off between conference championship and super bowl?

Does this mean the playoffs can be pushed back to allow a ‘makeup week’ if needed and not have a week off between conference championship and super bowl?

They can do whatever they feel like, especially in a year like this one.

The NBA just finished their season.

Honestly, they need to just change it to a flag football game where guys can go have fun, not risk (less of a risk) getting hurt, etc. (the Robert Edwards incident notwithstanding). Have them get mic'd up and have it just be an fun interactive experience where maybe they also all get to walk around after it's over and sign some autographs.

Fans want to see a fun game where they can see some of their guys make some plays, hear them talk and it could even be a thing where coaches do some cool stuff with some trick plays and have it at least be entertaining. At least that way, star players won't avoid it to avoid injury and you'd have a chance to see some of the biggest names just out there having a good time. Fans will go if the players they want to see are there and it's a good experience. But it's not real football right now and it probably never will be, so it's time for the NFL to start coming up with a better way to at least make it an event people want to go to/watch.

Last edited:
When was the last time I watched this anyway?

I know how to get everyone's interest in the NFL Pro Bowl back....get LeBron to play quarterback for the West and Megan Rapinoe for the East...rename it the Tik Tok Social Justice Warrior Bowl. Ratings would be stratospheric.... :whistle: :poop:

There will a lot less bonuses paid this year for making the Pro Bowl... Guys who make it usually opt out leaving second and third tier players to be considered "Pro Bowlers" and getting contract incentives. With no need to opt out this year, there will be less incentives reached....

There will a lot less bonuses paid this year for making the Pro Bowl... Guys who make it usually opt out leaving second and third tier players to be considered "Pro Bowlers" and getting contract incentives. With no need to opt out this year, there will be less incentives reached....

Good point. For instance, Vince Young was a Pro Bowler his rookie year. I think it got crazy where between opt outs and injuries he was like the 7th or 8th choice but is still gets the distinction of "Pro Bowler"

Hopefully they will forget to schedule this next year as well.. ever since Robert Edwards got hurt this event has meant even less than it did before.

I haven't watched the Pro Bowl in years but seeing it is still here next year, I may go check it out. Was up in the air this year due to my health.

But most likely only if I can get tickets at a reasonable price. Like say $20.

[Everyone liked that]

Hopefully they will forget to schedule this next year as well.. ever since Robert Edwards got hurt this event has meant even less than it did before.
But he wasn't injured in the game itself but some stupid beach volleyball game or crap of that nature to promote the game....

Honestly, they need to just change it to a flag football game where guys can go have fun, not risk (less of a risk) getting hurt, etc. (the Robert Edwards incident notwithstanding). Have them get mic'd up and have it just be an fun interactive experience where maybe they also all get to walk around after it's over and sign some autographs.

Fans want to see a fun game where they can see some of their guys make some plays, hear them talk and it could even be a thing where coaches do some cool stuff with some trick plays and have it at least be entertaining. At least that way, star players won't avoid it to avoid injury and you'd have a chance to see some of the biggest names just out there having a good time. Fans will go if the players they want to see are there and it's a good experience. But it's not real football right now and it probably never will be, so it's time for the NFL to start coming up with a better way to at least make it an event people want to go to/watch.

Turn it into a charity event. Raffle off two trips for two, where the winners get to be assistant coaches. They fly to the venue, spend 2 or 3 days with the coaches going through game-planning and the like, and get to be on the sideline for the game - making some (most?) of the calls/decisions. Even if it's the reduce hitting version, or a flag game, I think it would be a great way to raise some serious money and get the fans more involved.

Put it back to after the SB like it used to be. I never took the game seriously but it was always a fun chance to see our favorite players around the league on the field one last time before August.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back