PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next week for a bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLGDEV

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Assuming things continue the way they are going, next week we play for a bye. If we win, we lock up at least the #2 seed. If we lose (shudder), then we have to beat Miami to get a bye. Of course, if we win both we get #1 regardless of the others.

Let's win both and hold our breath that no one else gets injured because I can't stand it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If Cincinnati wins out, we lose to the jets, both finish 13-3. Who gets hfa?

Thanks. Maybe its not likely withoutdalton but its nice to know.
It's weird. Let's say the Donks hold on here and we lose @NYJ. It would create a scenario where a CIN win puts us in the drivers seat for #1 but also puts us at risk of falling to #3 with a loss @Mia. A DEN win locks up a bye, but makes our chance of #1 quite poor. Obviously we all like our chances vs the sorry Fish, but there is an up and down side to either result.

Next week the Patriots face three foes: the Green Beans, the NFL, and injury-depleted roster.

We have the bye. Only have to beat MIA for HFA.

We have a bye. What a comeback! If we win one more and Cincy wins 2, we will have the same record and conference record. We don't have four game common opponents, so it goes to strength of victory (Pt for -pts against). We currently are at 166 and they are at 145, but they play Denver and Balt while we play the Jets and Miami. So, it is more likely that we would have the #1, but it could wind up as only #2. If Denver wins next week over Cincy and we . and all both win the following week but we lose, we still would probably have #1. If Denver wins, then we only need one win in the remaining two for a #1,

Anyway, we have a first round bye and we sorely (no pun intended) needed it.

We have a bye. What a comeback! If we win one more and Cincy wins 2, we will have the same record and conference record. We don't have four game common opponents, so it goes to strength of victory (Pt for -pts against). We currently are at 166 and they are at 145, but they play Denver and Balt while we play the Jets and Miami. So, it is more likely that we would have the #1, but it could wind up as only #2. If Denver wins next week over Cincy and we . and all both win the following week but we lose, we still would probably have #1. If Denver wins, then we only need one win in the remaining two for a #1,

Anyway, we have a first round bye and we sorely (no pun intended) needed it.

All we need is a win over Miami to get #1 seed irrespective of what anyone else does. Bengals lost to Texans and we beat them. We only need one more win baby!

Assuming things continue the way they are going, next week we play for a bye. If we win, we lock up at least the #2 seed. If we lose (shudder), then we have to beat Miami to get a bye. Of course, if we win both we get #1 regardless of the others.

My understanding is that if we win next week, we'll have already secured the #1 seed by virtue of the tie-breaker, right?

Next week the Patriots face three foes: the Green Beans, the NFL, and injury-depleted roster.

It remains to be seen just how depleted the roster is..

I believe we have clinched a 1st round bye, next week is for home advantage

If NE wins a game, any game, NE has #1 seed.

If NE were to lose out I believe CIN and DEN need to lose a game each for NE to get the #1. And they play each other so one of them gets a loss right there.

We have a bye. What a comeback! If we win one more and Cincy wins 2, we will have the same record and conference record. We don't have four game common opponents, so it goes to strength of victory (Pt for -pts against).

Strength of Victory has nothing to do with points. It's the combined winning %age of the teams you beat, counting twice teams you beat twice (if any).

Any the common-opp tiebreaker does come into play with NE and CIN.
NE and CIN both played/will play: PIT, DEN, HOU, BUF. And it is in fact the common-opps tiebreaker that gives NE the leg up over CIN if they tie.

Since you can't take players off IR, I'd say pretty depleted.

I think he means with some of the guys who aren't on season ending IR, such as Edelman, Amendola, Hightower, McCourty, Chung, Stork, etc. We'll need to see some good fortune and a return to health. Fingers crossed.

Strength of Victory has nothing to do with points. It's the combined winning %age of the teams you beat, counting twice teams you beat twice (if any).

Any the common-opp tiebreaker does come into play with NE and CIN.
NE and CIN both played/will play: PIT, DEN, HOU, BUF. And it is in fact the common-opps tiebreaker that gives NE the leg up over CIN if they tie.

You are absolutely correct. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore