PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next Patriots Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats1989

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I think Robert ( Nearing 77 btw) is one of the best owners in sports. He continuously spends to the cap, gives to charity, and is a winner who let's his men do their jobs.

What do y'all think the succession plans are when Bob " leaves" us? Does Jonathan become sole owner? Investors? Might be far fetched, but would Brady or BB consider being part owner?

Btw, it's just hypothetical and I am not looking to start anything up.

Last edited:
Does Jonathan have a daughter if so she should eventually take over just to be on the safe side for continued future brand success.

Once again we have descended into a Kraft bashing thread, look around at the assclowns who own other teams in the NFL... not many have done what Mr. Kraft has done mostly with his own and private money..

The Patriots, the Revolution and Gillette Stadium are technically part of the Kraft Group, a holding company that's privately owned by the Kraft family. The company also includes the Rand-Whitney Group (Worcester) and International Forest Products which, taken together, are the largest privately-held paper and cardboard manufacturer in the U.S. Chances are that we've all received something shipped in one of their cardboard cartons (especially if you've purchased a Patriot missile, apparently - who knew?).

Other Kraft Group companies are involved in real estate development and financial services. Estimated total annual revenues are in the $3.5bn-$4.0bn range.

Bob is CEO and Jonathan is President of both the Kraft Group and the Patriots. Bob and Myra had three other sons - Daniel, Joshua and David. AFAIK, Daniel (President of IFP) is the only one besides Jonathan who's directly involved in the family business.

When Bob retires, I'd assume Jonathan would succeed him as CEO. When he passes, the four brothers retain joint ownership of the Kraft Group, including the Patriots.

According to Forbes, in 2017, the Patriots are the second highest valued franchise in the NFL at $3.5bn, behind only the Cowboys at $4.2bn. The Pats are also the 6th highest-valued sports franchise in the world, behind the Yankees and Manchester/Barcelona and Madrid in soccer. The value of the Pats franchise increased another 6% in 2016.

I'd guess that, until/unless something goes seriously awry with the financial situation of the Kraft Group (or with the relationship of the brothers), I can't imagine the Pats being sold, in whole or in part, to outside investors anytime soon.

Just a guess, but it seems like Bob may retire as CEO of the Pats and of the Kraft Group when BB and Brady retire. What may or may not happen to the value of the Pats/Kraft Group afterward ... who knows?

BTW ... Jonathan apparently has two sons and a daughter. Since he married in 1995, I'd guess that they're, at most, late high-school/early college age.

It's Jonathan.

Once Brady and belichick leave Krafty Bob sells the team to Vince McMahon :D

I hope that the Patriots remain in the Kraft family as it is the reason they have dominated the NFL for so long. Yes, they have the goat and BB. List the worst sport franchises in history. It's no coincidence they have had bad ownership (Clippers
Once Brady and belichick leave Krafty Bob sells the team to Vince McMahon :D
Some one that is hands on. Like Donald Sterling, Jerry Jones or Ted Stepien.

The Patriots, the Revolution and Gillette Stadium are technically part of the Kraft Group, a holding company that's privately owned by the Kraft family. The company also includes the Rand-Whitney Group (Worcester) and International Forest Products which, taken together, are the largest privately-held paper and cardboard manufacturer in the U.S. Chances are that we've all received something shipped in one of their cardboard cartons (especially if you've purchased a Patriot missile, apparently - who knew?).

Other Kraft Group companies are involved in real estate development and financial services. Estimated total annual revenues are in the $3.5bn-$4.0bn range.

Bob is CEO and Jonathan is President of both the Kraft Group and the Patriots. Bob and Myra had three other sons - Daniel, Joshua and David. AFAIK, Daniel (President of IFP) is the only one besides Jonathan who's directly involved in the family business.

When Bob retires, I'd assume Jonathan would succeed him as CEO. When he passes, the four brothers retain joint ownership of the Kraft Group, including the Patriots.

According to Forbes, in 2017, the Patriots are the second highest valued franchise in the NFL at $3.5bn, behind only the Cowboys at $4.2bn. The Pats are also the 6th highest-valued sports franchise in the world, behind the Yankees and Manchester/Barcelona and Madrid in soccer. The value of the Pats franchise increased another 6% in 2016.

I'd guess that, until/unless something goes seriously awry with the financial situation of the Kraft Group (or with the relationship of the brothers), I can't imagine the Pats being sold, in whole or in part, to outside investors anytime soon.

Just a guess, but it seems like Bob may retire as CEO of the Pats and of the Kraft Group when BB and Brady retire. What may or may not happen to the value of the Pats/Kraft Group afterward ... who knows?

Obviously it will be NEM

Thanks Maineman for your well written bio work.

S0 would you guess RK in his will doesn't leave 25% shares to his 4 sons preventing a palace cup scenario against Jonathan that forces a sale?

IMO the team is a legacy to Myra and her 800 million she brought into the marriage so RK will structure his will that her legacy continues through responsible family ownership.

I remember the days of Sunday Will McDonough NFL columns where he constantly referred to him as Robert "Thanks Myra" Kraft, was there a worthy back story that sparked Will's apparent dislike of RK or was it just being a Parcells supporter?

An Old Steve Martin concert rift on How you can be a millionaire reminds me of RK's life....

How you can own a NFL team, marry a rich girl.

I am not sure why the OP or anyone else would consider any scenario that doesn't include Jonathan Kraft as the principle owner. You don't spend your entire life to get to a place and then just give it up (or sell it for market value).

I am not sure why the OP or anyone else would consider any scenario that doesn't include Jonathan Kraft as the principle owner. You don't spend your entire life to get to a place and then just give it up (or sell it for market value).
If you can find any poster from the op that makes sense we could take this one seriously perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down