PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Rule Proposals (Pats Secondary Potentially Screwed?)

next should be penalizing hitting to hard.

Moving kickoffs to the 40 effectively eliminates returns but still allows for onside kicks. [[[yawn]]]

If that pass interference rule gets pushed through, defense as we know it in the NFL will cease to exist.

If that pass interference rule gets pushed through, defense as we know it in the NFL will cease to exist.

It makes the likes of Sherman, Revis & Talib redundant and the more zone orientated corners like Verner & Grimes much more premium.

Coincidence that rule is proposed after Peyton gets his receivers beat up in the Super Bowl? Just like when his receivers got beat up by the Pats and the 5 yard rule started being reinforced after!

Am I wrong that you can call PI within that 5-yard "chuck" zone? We'll see what happens and what ones, if any, pass.

If the rule does go through we could have a problem but I don't think it will.

If polian is on the committee, we may be in trouble.

If polian is on the committee, we may be in trouble.

Wouldn't matter anyways the committee doesn't vote on rules. They just suggest the rule changes. NFL owners vote on the rules next week.

Some decent rules, and some horse**** additions. Par for the course.

Looks like the Patriots proposed four of them:

1. Goal posts extended an additional 5 feet above the cross bar. "The reasoning of this proposal is that definitive rulings cannot be made on many field goal tries that cross over the top of the goal post."

2. Make the extra point more challenging by making the line of scrimmage the 25-yard line. "In order to make the point after a more competitive play."

3. Place fixed cameras on all boundary lines -- sideline, end line, end zone. "To supplement the TV cameras and to guarantee coverage of those lines for replay, no matter where the TV cameras are located."

4. Coaches can challenge any officials' decision other than scoring plays. "To make more extensive use of the replay system."

New England Patriots make four rule proposals - ESPN Boston

So the 4 proposals that makes the most sense comes from the Patriots.

Who do we have on the 1 yard PI proposal - Colts or Broncos?

Who cares, come playoff time the refs "let them play" i.e. call whatever they are in the mood for anyway.

The Peyton Manning committee probably had a say in that one after February.

The only ones that make sense.

And likely the only ones that don't get passed. Just because the Patriots suggested them. Rest of the NFL might think it's them trying to get an advantage.

I would love to find out and would put my money on the Donkeys.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back