PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New NFL TV/Streaming Rights Deal

And/so I have to re-up sunday ticket again. Damn those auto dealers and workplace attorneys that make it so hard to stream a New England broadcast out of state.

Yes...pretty much everyone pays for Amazon Prime. It's less than $10/month, you can get almost anything at the cheapest price deliver to your front door in 2 days, they have a ton of great streaming content including shows (Marvelous Mrs Mazel just to name one) and movies, and now apparently NFL games. I would easily pay double for Amazon Prime.
Lately I have been getting some stuff the next day for free. I can order something at 9 PM and its on my porch by noon the next day. :cool:

One issue resolved.

I am wondering if they will increase the amount of times any one team is allowed to play primetime games ?
By how many games, 1 or 2 ?

I got set up on GamePass international + a VPN last season, that’s a great setup. It worked flawlessly every time except one week when the VPN was being screwy. May try a different one next time. But the price is way less than the Sunday Ticket package by itself, and you never have to worry about issues with local blackouts. Was really valuable for me as an out of market fan.

UPDATE: We have gone ahead and joined the Borg errr Amazon Prime. Had to finish watching Man in the High Castle. Now watching Bosch and The Expanse. Plague times means more TV. Need to drink Busch Light occasionally instead of the $9 IPAs in order to afford the Prime though. Nothing is "free".

Question here. Serious one. Has anyone bought the NFL Ticket streaming service? Looks like to can pay $293 for the season and stream from an approved device. Can be a tablet, phone or even your TV if it is compatible. It doesn't appear you need to be a DTV subscriber like back in the day? Just pay for the app and use it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Nothing about Su day ticket, I was hoping it would be available on something other than Direct TV
I’ve had directv for probably 15 years and have never had a single complaint.

Yes...pretty much everyone pays for Amazon Prime. It's less than $10/month, you can get almost anything at the cheapest price deliver to your front door in 2 days, they have a ton of great streaming content including shows (Marvelous Mrs Mazel just to name one) and movies, and now apparently NFL games. I would easily pay double for Amazon Prime.
I was wondering one night if there is such a thing that would allow me to play tv audio through my AirPods. I went to Amazon, found such a thing, it was only $20 so worth a shot even if it doesn’t work, ordered it and it arrived in less than 24 hours for free due to my prime membership.
My daughter in NYC gets same day deliveries.

UPDATE: We have gone ahead and joined the Borg errr Amazon Prime. Had to finish watching Man in the High Castle. Now watching Bosch and The Expanse. Plague times means more TV. Need to drink Busch Light occasionally instead of the $9 IPAs in order to afford the Prime though. Nothing is "free".

Question here. Serious one. Has anyone bought the NFL Ticket streaming service? Looks like to can pay $293 for the season and stream from an approved device. Can be a tablet, phone or even your TV if it is compatible. It doesn't appear you need to be a DTV subscriber like back in the day? Just pay for the app and use it.

Man in the high castle was awesome.
The last season was slow but the 2 shocking events made it worth it. ( referring to what Juliana did in the hotel and frank frink in the desert)

Not streaming games unless they make it easy and free. Need Amazon Prime? $100/year for (1) game? Does everyone pay for Amazon Prime now? Are we all addicted to 2-day shipping and TV shows now?
Over 60% of Americans have Amazon Prime; some estimates are as high as 80%.

Over 60% of Americans have Amazon Prime; some estimates are as high as 80%.
We have it. Read my update. We are now part of the collective... Truly unprecedented times...

Any 411 on Red Zone?

Here is the fine print....
NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV service is only available to non-DIRECTV customers who live in select multi-dwelling unit buildings (apartments, condos, etc.,) nationwide in the U.S. where DIRECTV service is not available, live in select areas within various metropolitan cities, live in a residence that has been verified as unable to receive DIRECTV satellite TV service due to obstructions blocking access to satellite signals, actively or previously enrolled college students. NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV U only available to students actively enrolled or previously enrolled within the last 18 months in post-secondary educational institutions from the date of purchase

Last I knew you can only get it if your area can't get DirecTV but I haven't checked on that in years. I subscribe to NFL Gamepass through UK/Europe VPN servers for $200 a season. But I'm also a person that has 4 monitors hooked up to my PC video card and have 4 games going at once in addition to whatever my local affiliate is airing which is usually Pats on CBS although every once in a while they play on FOX at the same time the Giants play and since i'm in CT the CT Fox affiliate has Giants as the local team because they are the NFC channel so they air that instead even though I live closer to Foxboro than I do the capital of CT

Last edited:
Any 411 on Red Zone?

Not sure what you are specifically looking for but it's pretty much available on every cable system and several streaming packages like Hulu Live and YouTubeTV

Have the "regular" GamePass ($99) - no issue waiting until after game conclusion to then stream on my tv (just turn off alerts so I don't know the scores, etc).

Only issue is it looks like they're going back to "four hours after" this year after showing the games right after conclusion last year. Sucks for the 4pm starts as then it's like a night game...which for a guy who heads to work at 430am aint the best.

Last I knew you can only get it if your area can't get DirecTV but I haven't checked on that in years. I subscribe to NFL Gamepass through UK/Europe VPN servers for $200 a season. But I'm also a person that has 4 monitors hooked up to my PC video card and have 4 games going at once in addition to whatever my local affiliate is airing which is usually Pats on CBS although every once in a while they play on FOX at the same time the Giants play and since i'm in CT the CT Fox affiliate has Giants as the local team because they are the NFC channel so they air that instead even though I live closer to Foxboro than I do the capital of CT
I just checked and am eligible at my location in Denver. However my buddies house just outside of town is not.

Can I just use MY login and password at his house if we want to watch on his TV for a particular game? Does DTV now where you login from ??

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back