PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ANNOUNCEMENT New Forum - Suggestion Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was mentioned previously by several here...I'm also not a fan of "Likes Received" and "Ratings" either...don't like the "contest" feel of those two. On the other hand...if the climate ever does change and RLKAG makes a return...then I think it would be fun to have that instead of one or both I mentioned.

Last edited:
I would like an emoji for ROFL. "Funny" is often insufficient.

Given the current climate, I received a few complaints regarding it and I do understand why. So it's disabled at this current time.

iu

I would like an emoji for TYPO. Lots of that going on around here.

Reactions: Ian
What happened to the rlkag emoji?

Oops, never mind. I found out

Need a Negative Nancy emoji...
1e9b933be2256ee79e1fd621d9e4d9a3.png

Last edited:
Can we get a Corn Cob icon just in case?

I know it was mentioned previously by several here...I'm also not a fan of "Likes Received" and "Ratings" either...don't like the "contest" feel of those two. On the other hand...if the climate ever does change and RLKAG makes a return...then I think it would be fun to have that instead of one or both I mentioned.

Personally I think a reputation system is relatively useful as a way to understand how much effort I should give in a reply.

Yes, some regular posters you know by name (or maybe avatar picture) but with many others you don't know if there is a good faith conversation to be had and whether it makes sense to take the time responding to their posts.

I have never considered it something that anyone actively competes for but then again maybe I am in the minority here.

Personally I think a reputation system is relatively useful as a way to understand how much effort I should give in a reply.

Yes, some regular posters you know by name (or maybe avatar picture) but with many others you don't know if there is a good faith conversation to be had and whether it makes sense to take the time responding to their posts.

I have never considered it something that anyone actively competes for but then again maybe I am in the minority here.

I've never looked at someone's rating to see how much effort I should put into responding to a post....maybe I should start.

There is no sane, logical reason for RLKAG not to be here in the list right now.

I've never looked at someone's rating to see how much effort I should put into responding to a post....maybe I should start.

Like I said.. maybe I am in the minority or weird about it but anecdotally it seems like the post-to-ratings (or likes) ratio is a good indicator with whom you can have actual good faith conversation.

Helps me to filter out the local trolls and pimps. But looking at how Reddit karma whoring is a thing I can totally see where you are coming from in terms of competition.

Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye