PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Zappe’s Chance Coming? It Sounds Like It Might Be

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Zappe’s Chance Coming? It Sounds Like It Might Be
Ian Logue
As we head into Week 12, the Patriots currently sit at 2-8 with nothing seemingly but pride and improvement left as motivating factors over these final seven weeks.

The post Zappe’s Chance Coming? It Sounds Like It Might Be appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

"That's the plan"? Lol

Zappe's trade value is zero as we saw this summer. Maybe he'll play decently enough to build some value. Hopefully Mac will do likewise. Looking forward to a brand new QB room next season.

Mac said the plan is for him to start, Ian. How do you read that as Zappe's chance coming up?

Mac said the plan is for him to start, Ian. How do you read that as Zappe's chance coming up?
Based on Daniels' report, Zappe has seen an uptick in reps and Belichick was fairly high on his work in the two-minute offense ahead of the game in Germany. Also, listening to Mac's comments and the way the club transcribed them (not the ones circulating around Twitter), he said, "Hope so" while he said, "that's the plan," it doesn't sound like he's necessarily a lock depending on how the week goes.

If you want the Pats to tank, you don't want to see them play Zappe or someone else as they will steal a few wins because of they will have curse of the backup QB. Teams won't have tape on them and the backup will have nothing to lose. I dreaded when the Pats faced these guys.

See Danny DeVito, Sam Howell, Josh Dobbs, Desmond Ritter, Garnder Minshew,

I'm not tuning in for Zappe.
It's obviously tough to know what Belichick will really do. Still a couple of more days before a decision will be made ... it's just hard to imagine making that big of a move in Germany (pulling Jones down four points) and, at 2-8, not making a change.

Everybody wants a high pick, but you've still got guys on defense playing hard and seemingly being frustrated that the team keeps coming up short. It's possible that Belichick hasn't made a decision, and Jones is in a "wait and see" situation, thinking he'll start. But the fact Zappe's starting to get more snaps during their weekly game preparation also makes you think nothing is off the table at this point.

I am not a Zappe supporter…at all…I think he sucks. But, I think he should start. One last chance to see what you got.
I see no point in starting Jones.
Sort of have to make an evaluation there beyond this year to see if last year was an aberration, or if they should continue reworking their QB room without him.

Zappe has no trade value at all as we saw when he hit the waiver wire. If he plays well enough then maybe he will.

My expectations are really low.

Am I the only one who wants to see Grier?
Grier was looking more confident with his throws with Dallas than Mac or Zappe ever has .
As long as the Giants come out with the W it doesn’t matter to me.

Unless Grier comes in and looks like a NFL QB then I will be excited to see if we can win out.

I think at this stage they really don't know who they'll start, they're still evaluating. But it's most likely between Mac or Zappe. IMO they probably need to see Mac be quite a bit better than Zappe to continue to trust him as the starter considering how bad he's been. If Mac looks only slightly better than Zappe in practice, you may as well play Zappe, because he hasn't yet proven he's dogshit during live-fire like Mac has. You already know Mac sucks, but you don't know for sure about Zappe yet. Worst case scenario is Zappe also sucks. Oh well.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back