PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Changes Coming? It Sounds Like Business As Usual For Patriots Bill Belichick

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Changes Coming? It Sounds Like Business As Usual For Patriots Bill Belichick
Ian Logue
Coming off of Sunday's season-ending loss against the Jets, one thing was obvious on Monday for Patriots head coach Bill Belichick.

It's business as usual, with Belichick seemingly already starting the process of moving on to 2024.

The post Changes Coming? It Sounds Like Business As Usual For Patriots Bill Belichick appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

For now, he sounds like a guy who isn’t going anywhere, and that appears to be the plan.

This surprises me not at all. As much as people here lust to have BB's scalp, it has always been difficult to see Old Man Kraft firing him. That would require having a candidate in mind that you have more confidence in, and even though this has been a terrible season, finding that candidate is a huge challenge for the Krafts, IMO. The same people screaming for BB's scalp won't be very patient with whomever is next, IMO. It's going to be far easier to put lipstick on this pig of a season and move on.

This is a results oriented business. You do not get points for working hard if the results suck. Bill angling for maximum leverage in discussion with Kraft

Last edited:
Well, yeah, I mean. You keep working your job until the boss says your services aren't needed.

Well, yeah, I mean. You keep working your job until the boss says your services aren't needed.
Bill is trying to get Kraft to fire him so he can get paid on top of taking another job.
Nantucket is expensive!!!

Make Vrab’s the HC
Make Mayo the DC & Assistant HC
They gotta be able to find someone to be OC.
Bring in Peters from SF to be your GM.

Vrabel is familiar with the organization and would continue the hard nosed, tough as nails football we all love to watch, not to mention he has proven he can work with a GM. Mayo is familiar with the organization and would get a chance to step out of the younger Belichicks shadows. Idk who you make offensive coordinator but I’ve gotta think with all of the aboves connections you could find someone young and decent. Peters is ready to make a move after several years getting his feet wet and making contributions in san francisco. He too is familiar with the organization and would no doubt be able to bring some talented staff from san francisco with him. After years of having our cupboard cleaned out, it’s time to return the favor and build this staff back up with talented minds.

Make Vrab’s the HC
Make Mayo the DC & Assistant HC
They gotta be able to find someone to be OC.
Bring in Peters from SF to be your GM.

Vrabel is familiar with the organization and would continue the hard nosed, tough as nails football we all love to watch, not to mention he has proven he can work with a GM. Mayo is familiar with the organization and would get a chance to step out of the younger Belichicks shadows. Idk who you make offensive coordinator but I’ve gotta think with all of the aboves connections you could find someone young and decent. Peters is ready to make a move after several years getting his feet wet and making contributions in san francisco. He too is familiar with the organization and would no doubt be able to bring some talented staff from san francisco with him. After years of having our cupboard cleaned out, it’s time to return the favor and build this staff back up with talented minds.
Mayo will walk if Vrabel is hired.

Make Vrab’s the HC
I really don't get this mentality. Other then 'he was good when he played here'.

13-21 the last two seasons, inability to draft/put players in the best position to win.

Once the players he inherited left, that's what he turned into. Not to mention the disasterous AJ Brown trade.

Mayo will walk if Vrabel is hired.
I’m sure Mayo is going to walk if anyone is hired. If that’s the case, he better start interviewing and get suitors lined up. Mayo hasn’t proven anything other than shown potential. I wouldnt mind him myself as the next HC of the NEP, but if given a choice between the two, I’m taking Vrabel right now.

I really don't get this mentality. Other then 'he was good when he played here'.

13-21 the last two seasons, inability to draft/put players in the best position to win.

Once the players he inherited left, that's what he turned into. Not to mention the disasterous AJ Brown trade.
Vrabel wasn’t responsible for drafting the talent, nor was he responsible for the AJ Brown trade. That was on Jon Robinson. Vrabel has proven he can work with a GM without power struggles and field a competitive ball club. The dude has been working with Tannehill. Look at the damn QB’s they were drafting and giving him. Vrabel is a solid coach. I could care less about what he accomplished as a player. Get him a roster with talent and I bet he gets far with it.

Reactions: Ian
I’m sure Mayo is going to walk if anyone is hired. If that’s the case, he better start interviewing and get suitors lined up. Mayo hasn’t proven anything other than shown potential. I wouldnt mind him myself as the next HC of the NEP, but if given a choice between the two, I’m taking Vrabel right now.
I agree with you on the fact he'll walk if anyone else is hired. But I'm not sold on Vrabel vs Mayo in terms of their philosophies, as I feel like Mayo may be more flexible in terms of listening to input based on at least what I've heard from his press conferences. I do feel like Mayo would also at least carry on the club's defensive strategies, which are obviously solid. In the end, my thing is that Vrabel had some good teams and didn't get as far as he probably could have with them - which scares me.

I agree with you on the fact he'll walk if anyone else is hired. But I'm not sold on Vrabel vs Mayo in terms of their philosophies, as I feel like Mayo may be more flexible in terms of listening to input based on at least what I've heard from his press conferences. I do feel like Mayo would also at least carry on the club's defensive strategies, which are obviously solid. In the end, my thing is that Vrabel had some good teams and didn't get as far as he probably could have with them - which scares me.
Ir the flip side could be true and you can say its amazing that Vrabel got as far as he did with Ryan Tannehill. He wouldn’t be my first choice. I’m sold on bringing Harbaugh in. But if you’re moving on from BB, you could a a lot worse than Vrabel. That team has been in a talent drain for several years now and QB has been a huge problem. Either way, I won’t pound the table for him, only I wouldn’t mind it and would understand why that decision was made. Mayo intrigues me as a HC. He says all the right things. Very emotionally intelligent cat. My concern is his lack of experience building and managing a staff. If we move on from BB, we need to rebuild this coaching staff ASAP. I’d like to be a fly on the wall in those meetings and hear what his plans would be.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Ir the flip side could be true and you can say its amazing that Vrabel got as far as he did with Ryan Tannehill.
LOL, that is certainly an excellent point. :cool:

Ir the flip side could be true and you can say its amazing that Vrabel got as far as he did with Ryan Tannehill.
Ryan Tannehill is twice as good as any QB we put back there the last 2 seasons.

Ryan Tannehill is twice as good as any QB we put back there the last 2 seasons.
I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. Tannehill hasn’t been healthy the last 2 seasons. When he was healthy, Vrabel was getting solid work out of him. Are you taking a shot at our ****ty qb’s, taking a shot at Vrabel? Vrabel never shopped for the groceries. He made dinner with what he had in cupboard. Vrabel is a solid coach. He’s no Bill Belichick circa New England, but he has done better than Bill did pre-NE.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back