PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: WATCH: Bailey Zappe Receives Draft Day Phone Call From Bill Belichick

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Didn't need him, didn't want him...Complete ****ing waste.
Hoyer's contract makes him uncuttable (he is signed til 2023 and cutting him would push his cap hit to 4.5 mil), no way Zappe has any shot of beating out Hoyer. So at best he will be on the practice squad after they cut ANOTHER wasted 4th round pick in Stidham. Its almost like BB is throwing picks away! Watch someone claim him when he gets cut at the end of training camp so he doesn't even make it onto the practice squad.

imagine, the biggest night of your life and you are waiting for the call. you just cant stand the excitement and the phone rings...it's New England. Then Bill gets on the phone and lets you know you are a Patriot. He is monotone and has the charm of a wet mop. Excitement over lol

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
imagine, the biggest night of your life and you are waiting for the call. you just cant stand the excitement and the phone rings...it's New England. Then Bill gets on the phone and lets you know you are a Patriot. He is monotone and has the charm of a wet mop. Excitement over lol
LOL, imagine you get the call and you're excited and you go online to see if fans are excited to see you and they read all of the "why did they waste a pick on this kid?" Good times :cool:

LOL, imagine you get the call and you're excited and you go online to see if fans are excited to see you and they read all of the "why did they waste a pick on this kid?" Good times :cool:

What do you expect from the Couch GMs who've got NOTHING to show for their blather compared to 9 SB trips in 22 years, 6 SB Wins and numerous other accolades. They CLEARLY know more than the Coach/GM. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Going into 2019, The Patriots had been to 9 SBs in 18 years. No other team in the history of the league can boast THAT in the SB era.

Yet, the Coach pundits think they know more than Belichick.

What do you expect from the Couch GMs who've got NOTHING to show for their blather compared to 9 SB trips in 22 years, 6 SB Wins and numerous other accolades. They CLEARLY know more than the Coach/GM. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Going into 2019, The Patriots had been to 9 SBs in 18 years. No other team in the history of the league can boast THAT in the SB era.

Yet, the Coach pundits think they know more than Belichick.
At the same time, we react in real time and it's obviously fine to criticize provided that people give their own thoughts and opinions in terms of what they thought he should do instead. I don't agree in providing a blanket that prevents people from being critical, because that's obviously part of the point of this place - to be able to talk about both sides of things. All I ask is that it's a discussion and not a "Bill sucks" type of situation, since that makes things a little more difficult to have a conversation over.

For anyone interested, BSPN did a ‘Hey, Rookie’ episode that included Zappe. Briefly covers his family and background, Pro Day, lead up to the draft and his draft night.

WATCH: Bailey Zappe Receives Draft Day Phone Call From Bill Belichick
Robert Alvarez
Watch the exact moment Bailey Zappe received a call from Bill Belichick on draft day in a behind-the-scenes video from NFL Films.

The post WATCH: Bailey Zappe Receives Draft Day Phone Call From Bill Belichick appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
Wow so heart warming!

I'm on-board with the idea that if your starting QB goes down ...the season is over. Spend the $ elsewhere instead of backup QB. So that means moving on from Stidham instead of eventually paying him $$. I think it was the right move to draft a backup. It's very cheap.

He very much reminds me of Drew Brees! Might have found a diamond in the rough

I'm on-board with the idea that if your starting QB goes down ...the season is over. Spend the $ elsewhere instead of backup QB. So that means moving on from Stidham instead of eventually paying him $$. I think it was the right move to draft a backup. It's very cheap.
I guess you missed that SB when the Foles put up all those points and beat the Pats.

Or Jeff Hostedler, Earl Morral, or that guy.... Tom Brady.

I think the Zappe pick too is a waste of a pick. Ditto for the Jimmy G pick (2nd round). But I do think that a decent back up is a must, not only in case the starter goes down, but for the scout team looks for the defense. But these guys do not have to be drafted before the 6th round.

Hoyer is basically a coach, but his contract makes him impossible to cut, so he is going to be your back up. Which means that no room for Zappe.

Stidham can’t play and Hoyer is a coach, also Jarrett is going to be a free agent… they clearly needed another QB.

I'm on-board with the idea that if your starting QB goes down ...the season is over.
Ummm ... this from a Patriots fan? Really?

I guess you missed that SB when the Foles put up all those points and beat the Pats.

Or Jeff Hostedler, Earl Morral, or that guy.... Tom Brady.

I think the Zappe pick too is a waste of a pick. Ditto for the Jimmy G pick (2nd round). But I do think that a decent back up is a must, not only in case the starter goes down, but for the scout team looks for the defense. But these guys do not have to be drafted before the 6th round.

Hoyer is basically a coach, but his contract makes him impossible to cut, so he is going to be your back up. Which means that no room for Zappe.
Zappe may make it to the PS...maybe not. Or PUP for some reason. I'm fine with just Mac and Hoyer on the 53 in 2022.

Nice article about him and his agent:

Unless someone beats Zappe for the QB3 job, he makes the roster.
I can't remember what board I was a member of when Brady got drafted, but the dismay at the pick was greater than that for the Zappe pick. At least some of us learned.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back