PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Tom Brady Reacts To Buccaneers Scheduled Matchup With Patriots In October

OK Mr. Patsfans.com Article - if that's even your real name - you take this to the Tampa Bay boards. We don't talk about Tom Brady 'round these parts!!

We don't talk about Tom Brady MORE than we do the New England Patriots. Unfortunately, there is a contingent of people here (yourself included) who does. They have their own forum for that.

Just my opinion.

I think the whole "Tom wants to be appreciated" thing is a big deal. I think as he grew, he was no longer the 6th rounder, crying in the Brady 6. He knew he was the GOAT and wanted to be a partner in the process, while Bill made it clear that he was the QB and that's it. Tom evolved and Bill didn't change how he coached him as he did, which rubbed him, and likely, his whole family, the wrong way. So there's bitterness and Dad is looking for a little payback. You hurt my boy, so now we must destroy you.

Meanwhile, Bill looks at this as an out of division, non-conference game and one of the least important, record wise, on the schedule.
So Drago Brady be like

It was crappy roster management. There is no debate.
When you say "there is no debate," you really mean there is, right?

If the team hadn't been gutted by OL injuries, AB stupidity, Gronk's unexpected and untimely retirement, Gordon's fail, they were ready for another possible run (9-0 at one point, right?) in 2019.

So let's say they make a better playoff run (and they still made the playoffs, even with all of that and a totally pissed off QB). Then comes 2020 and the down year, the opt outs, the big change, all of that.

They go 7-9.

They come into 2020 with a ton of money and, on paper at least, they fully reload...a playoff team in search of a playoff QB. They've got a top-end OL, group, fantastic special teams, among the best defensive backfields in the league, a deep RBBC, a top-3 TE group (at least), and a deep front seven that is a great mix of seasoned vet winners, a true star in Judon, and a nice blend of young vets and younger players developing on their rookie deals. They've got a solid WR grouping...and if they want to add another, they've got the money to do it.

And they've got money to spend next year, as well. Their cap is in great shape.

And you call that crappy roster management?

Is it any wonder the other 31 fanbases think NE fans are spoiled?

Let's be real. I don't expect the Patriots to beat the defending Champs even if the game is played at Gilette.

But it will be game 4 of the season and it will be a measuring stick game.

If the Patriots are competitive but they fall short, I'll be ok with that.

If Tom Brady shreds the Patriots and it's a bad loss, well it's a black eye but you get over that. It's only week 4.

You come from being a team not even making the playoffs to facing the defending Superbowl Champs who embarrassed the Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes.

Don't expect a miracle overnight is what I'm saying.

I won't lose faith in the project even if the Patriots get blown out, but it will give us a measuring stick of where the team is at in week 4.

For those of you still bitter about Brady leaving. Get over it. BB made a decision to cut him loose, now we need to live with it.

Brady obviously has plenty left in the tank but BB felt that all the juice was squeezed out and pushed Tom out the door.

We're moving on with Cam Newton and Mac Jones at QB. For better or worse. Hopefully it gets better from here on out.

Ah, I see. So you admit epistemic closure and walk around with your fingers planted squarely in your ears.

Because in this case, what you're calling "crappy management" is something 31 other fanbases (and owners) would kill for. If a historic run, followed by a hollow year, followed by a loaded roster with CAP room to spare 5 months after the single hollow year is crappy, well, I don't know what to tell you.

Since Brady dislikes New England weather I hope his Pats HOF ceremony is in 20 below weather.
LOL yet he managed to win 6 championships in that crappy New England weather. Imagine what Brady could have done in a dome, ie if he were allowed to play his career in a Peyton Manning or Drew Brees situation? Video game numbers, I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:
Ah, I see. So you admit epistemic closure and walk around with your fingers planted squarely in your ears.

Because in this case, what you're calling "crappy management" is something 31 other fanbases (and owners) would kill for. If a historic run, followed by a hollow year, followed by a loaded roster with CAP room to spare 5 months after the single hollow year is crappy, well, I don't know what to tell you.
That's the problem. The more recent fans who never had to see the Patriots being the joke of the league don't appreciate the amazing run that the Brady-BB years gave us. 2 decades of unparalleled success have given a false sense of entitlement to the Pats fan base. Nobody DESERVES to win 30% of the championships in every decade in a league with 32 teams, but that's essentially what the Patriots did, stuffing two Dynasties worth of championships into one long, unprecedented run of dominance.

That's the reason why a lot of other fanbases currently hate the Patriots, we just kept on winning. They like to point to cheating to justify the hate but the REAL reason for the hate is nobody really should win so much in a sustained fashion when the cap era was designed to prevent dynasties from happening.

Last edited:

We went 4-5 to end 2019,;7-9 in 2020. So we are 11-14 over the last season and a half. We still have Cam awful Newton as our Qb which means another losing season this year. I don't think any of the other fanbases envy us right now but you can believe whatever helps you to sleep at night.

We went 4-5 to end 2019,;7-9 in 2020. So we are 11-14 over the last season and a half. We still have Cam awful Newton as our Qb which means another losing season this year. I don't think any of the other fanbases envy us right now but you can believe whatever helps you to sleep at night.
WE had dreadful QB play in 2019 and covid in 2020.

You are a broken record of dumb.

Seriously is there something pathological with you that makes you keep posting stupid?

Go to the Tampa sites or limit yourself to the Brady threads. What the adults are discussing is over your head.

Sr. says "we" expect to beat the Patriots "rather handily." Kraft's got him right where he wants him.

Florida. Beating Kraft handily since 2019.
Who wants this game to have a happy ending!
Please tip your... server!

My sleep patterns have little to do wit the Patriots.

We went 4-5 in 2019 when the wheels fell off - and the wheels fell off because, as I said, Gronk retired, AB is an idiot, Gordon failed out of the league again, the OL lost two key players and had two others playing in bandages and duct tape, and then, the coup de grace, Sanu comes in and promptly gets injured.

They were still a 12-4 playoff team, which puts them, at that time, in an elite group of 12 teams, while 20 fanbases started talking about pitchers and catchers.

They were still a Division champion, which gives them a banner that only 8 teams collected - and which many fanbases haven't seen in, literally, decades.

I maintain that with a little better injury luck, Gronk coming back instead of retiring (or a guy like Cook to replace him if they had been able to get him in time), Gordon not falling apart, and AB not screwing up...you suddenly have Brady throwing to Jules, AB, Gronk, and Josh Gordon, while playing behind a strong O-line. Everything that could have gone wrong, did.

With that defense they had in 2019, if Brady had an extra weapon or two, do you really doubt that the Pats could have made a deep playoff run?

And with any luck at all, they will make a run at the playoffs again this year, after a 1-year absence. To put it perspective, just look around at every other team. You really don't get the sheer magnitude of the greatness we've watched for the last 20 years, do you?

Speaking of Brady's father, I take back anything negative I said of him. I fell for the clickbait reports which made him come off as nasty as hell toward the Pats, which I thought was pretty cheap.

So I dug a little deeper and found this: “From my take on it, I think it’s going to be great,” Brady Sr. said of that matchup. “I get to have a favorite team in the AFC and a favorite team in the NFC. And then they play on the fourth week of the year. I’m thrilled for this.” - which he said right after.

Now, in context, it looks more like some good ol' smack talk than some bitter jabbering.

So all is good.

(And will be better if the Pats bury the bastards.)

Speaking of Brady's father, I take back anything negative I said of him. I fell for the clickbait reports which made him come off as nasty as hell toward the Pats, which I thought was pretty cheap.

So I dug a little deeper and found this: “From my take on it, I think it’s going to be great,” Brady Sr. said of that matchup. “I get to have a favorite team in the AFC and a favorite team in the NFC. And then they play on the fourth week of the year. I’m thrilled for this.” - which he said right after.

Now, in context, it looks more like some good ol' smack talk than some bitter jabbering.

So all is good.

(And will be better if the Pats bury the bastards.)
Yeah the entire thing was not near the venom that was wanted and obviously worked on pats fans. Its funny that some people want Brady to still love the pats and say all good things about the Pats. He is on another team now, his focus is that team, not the pats. Any words Brady speaks about the pats is blown up into some kind of attack, yet players or nobody else really sees it this way. If his dad was asked about a team brady was going to play when he was on the pats and he said that, everyone would cheer. If fans need a reason to just be mad, then you might want to look in another place, because its getting silly.

My sleep patterns have little to do wit the Patriots.

We went 4-5 in 2019 when the wheels fell off - and the wheels fell off because, as I said, Gronk retired, AB is an idiot, Gordon failed out of the league again, the OL lost two key players and had two others playing in bandages and duct tape, and then, the coup de grace, Sanu comes in and promptly gets injured.

They were still a 12-4 playoff team, which puts them, at that time, in an elite group of 12 teams, while 20 fanbases started talking about pitchers and catchers.

They were still a Division champion, which gives them a banner that only 8 teams collected - and which many fanbases haven't seen in, literally, decades.

I maintain that with a little better injury luck, Gronk coming back instead of retiring (or a guy like Cook to replace him if they had been able to get him in time), Gordon not falling apart, and AB not screwing up...you suddenly have Brady throwing to Jules, AB, Gronk, and Josh Gordon, while playing behind a strong O-line. Everything that could have gone wrong, did.

With that defense they had in 2019, if Brady had an extra weapon or two, do you really doubt that the Pats could have made a deep playoff run?

And with any luck at all, they will make a run at the playoffs again this year, after a 1-year absence. To put it perspective, just look around at every other team. You really don't get the sheer magnitude of the greatness we've watched for the last 20 years, do you?
Yes, correct, I agree. I have seen Brady haul some pretty meh teams to the superbowl. 2011 comes to mind.
As far as other teams, there will never be a 20 year run like that again. For one you have to have a great coach that does not leave and you have to have a goat QB who is willing to play for less, so forget that ever happening.

The 20 year run only ended last year if this year is a dud. I expect a far better Newton, with a much better roster and the results should be academic. Week 4 won't be a cake walk for the Bucs by any stretch. The Pats defense, special teams and running game will be a no sh't challenge for them to contend with. If Cam is average for Cam, this is a dog fight.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back