PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Tom Brady Reacts To Buccaneers Scheduled Matchup With Patriots In October

The guy likes to run his mouth with lack of respect.
He def lacks a filter.

Back in January I thought his comment about BB being on the hot seat was unnecessary.

Talking trash is one thing. Speculating about a man's job status - especially his son's fmr boss was out of line

Last edited:
I think Tom Sr likes to talk trash- just like Tom Jr and Bill kept a lid on both of them all these years.

One thing is clear. The man likes to say what is on his mind

It's easy to run your mouth when his son's team was successful last year and his former team was not. In reality, Tom Sr sounds like a spoiled brat. If it weren't for BB, Tom Jr would be selling insurance in Tom Sr's insurance company. You would think he would say something like "It would be bittersweet to go back to NE. Lots of great memories and friends there, etc." Remember Tom Jr's Twitter post with the 2014 Colts AFC Championship Finalist banner in an attempt to troll Tony Dungy, who wasn't even on the team? I kind of see where he gets it from...

Last edited:
Serious lack of class from old man Tom. No reason to not just say the expected i.e. "Should be a great game. It will be fun. Looking forward to it" etc. Trash talking just makes him look incredibly bitter. Pretty sad.

Clearly, the Brady family holds some bitterness. I'm guessing that Tom, Jr or Sr, won't be inducting Bill to the HoF when the time comes around. I am sure that Brady is going to be very motivated to win and to be able to say he's beaten every team in the NFL.

Serious lack of class from old man Tom. No reason to not just say the expected i.e. "Should be a great game. It will be fun. Looking forward to it" etc. Trash talking just makes him look incredibly bitter. Pretty sad.
Clearly, the Brady family holds some bitterness. I'm guessing that Tom, Jr or Sr, won't be inducting Bill to the HoF when the time comes around. I am sure that Brady is going to be very motivated to win and to be able to say he's beaten every team in the NFL.
I don't necessarily disagree but i'm unsure what he/they could be bitter about?

It is really about how it ended?

Tom got what he wanted. Tom got $, more say in personnel and ring #7. I don't see Tom Jr as bitter in any way....unless he is being bitter privately to Tom Sr and hes talking out of school?

Is it the parental thang? "They didn't want my son anymore so F them"..?

Tom Sr is a female version of Marie Barone.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
They pick his kid, groom him, give him a chance, help him rise to the top of the pile...his kid walks out of New England with a quarter-billion in earnings, 6 rings (that weren't all his doing, sorry), and this is the guy's attitude?

I find that rather tactless and douchey,
He pretty much was asked to play with one hand tied behind his back and do it one yeat at a time. He had too much in the tank to waste in New England. What the Bucs had to offer was way more than what New England did. And yeah he had 6 rings with him when he left but he also left the Pats with 6 Lombardis in their trophy case. No not all his doing but I cant imagine anyone else doing it 6 out of 9 times. Tampa embraced his passion and greatness while New England gave up on it at the end. His dad's attitude in the end is completely understandable.

Last edited:
I don't se Tom Jr as bitter in any way....unless he is being bitter privately to Tom Sr and hes talking out of school

I said it above, but I believe that Tom Sr is expressing the thoughts of Tom Jr when he talks...

He pretty much was asked to play with one hand tied behind his back and do it one yeat at a time. He had too much in the tank to waste in New England. What the Bucs had to offer was way more than what New England did. And yeah he had 6 rings with him when he left but he also left the Pats with 6 Lombardis in their trophy case. No not all his doing but I cant imagine anyone else doing it 6 out of 9 times. Tampa embraced his passion and greatness while New England gave up on it at the end. His dad's attitude in the end is completely understandable. Yours is just wrong

Some season ticket holder you are. When did Brady play in NE with one hand tied behind his back? Bill gave Tom everything he needed to win 6 titles in 20 years. Were the weapons around him always great? No, but the TEAM around him was good enough to win multiple times. And Brady did NOT "leave" 6 lombardis in the trophy case for us. It was a team effort through and through. It's very clear you are Team Brady over Team New England, despite your season tickets.

2001- Defense

2003- Defense

2004 - Defense

2014 - Offense and defense, but Malcolm Butler INT saved the season

2016 - Offense and defense

2018 - Defense

Last edited:
Man I hope some of these comments are merged in from a different thread.

That said, those Bucs board moderators must be picky, because some of you guys are still here :D

My problem with TFB isn't that he's a baby or a bad person (although Sr. does run his mouth just a little.) My problem with him is that on October 3, he's the enemy. Now he wants everybody to lub him, and some of you goobers will, come game time. "Please Mr. Brady, hang 30 on us! 50! 100! We really loved YOU, not that mean guy in a hoodie! We're the REAL Pats Fans! Also Gillette needs a pirate ship, those muskets don't scare NOBODY!"

Sack up, and Wino and Barmore, I do mean sack, because it's time for you guys to "get home" too. On October 3, that smiling face once protected by five layers of offensive lineman metaphors needs de-smirking.

This is the way. I have spoken.

"They didn't want my son anymore so F them"..?
Just my opinion.

I think the whole "Tom wants to be appreciated" thing is a big deal. I think as he grew, he was no longer the 6th rounder, crying in the Brady 6. He knew he was the GOAT and wanted to be a partner in the process, while Bill made it clear that he was the QB and that's it. Tom evolved and Bill didn't change how he coached him as he did, which rubbed him, and likely, his whole family, the wrong way. So there's bitterness and Dad is looking for a little payback. You hurt my boy, so now we must destroy you.

Meanwhile, Bill looks at this as an out of division, non-conference game and one of the least important, record wise, on the schedule.

Some season ticket holder you are. When did Brady play in NE with one hand tied behind his back? Bill gave Tom everything he needed to win 6 titles in 20 years. Were the weapons around him always great? No, but the TEAM around him was good enough to win multiple times. And Brady did NOT "leave" 6 lombardis in the trophy case. It was a team effort through and through. It's very clear you are Team Brady over Team New England, despite your season tickets.

2001- Defense

2003- Defense

2004 - Defense

2014 - Offense and defense, but Malcolm Butler INT saved the season

2016 - Offense and defense

2018 - Defense
Your response is exhibit A of a straw man argument. At the end I said. No multiple year contract and garbage offense around him. His talents were wasted and would have continued to be on that year at a time deal. The Pats and Brady gave up on each other. Team effort yes Ive never denied that. Did you even read my post? I said i cant imagine anyone else going 6 out of 9. You imagine otherwise. I disagree. He was a major part of the 6 Lombardi's Not the only reason but there wasnt a single player you can name that co tributed more for all of them.

Pats fans admired Brady holding onto grudges and slights over absolutely everything like being the backup at Michigan and being drafted 199 for 18 years but as soon as he does the same thing about Bill wanting to move on from him when he knew he was still good he’s being a baby. Stay consistent please.
Nobody told him not to hold a grudge about not getting paid, seeing a backup drafted, Bill wanting to move on (reported or ever copped to by the parties concerned, by the way?) and so on.

One way or another his interests diverged from New England's. Oh well. He's not a Patriot, that's all, and that is being consistent.
He can follow his bliss and have a Flying-Elvis-shaped chip on his shoulder. Fine. Fans do NOT have to give him the love he still wants. There's no law about it either way, just as long as nobody gets stupid enough to claim they're Pats fans yet root for the Pats to lose against a given visiting player (Just to throw the opposite straw man out there.)

Hell, even after Favrevruh wiped his hindquarters with Packer fans' loyalty, they loved him at the end, and Brady's big "sin" here is trying to have it both ways, not hatching Farvrevruh-esque escape plots. Point is, even in a relatively amicable divorce, like Brady/NE, you can have a few choice words about the ex.

That said, WOW what if his preferred stated landing spot was the JETE? That's what Favrevruh actually did--I mean, in his case, the Vikings.
Bunch of clowns in here they think Brady should be happy BB basically threw him to the curb after all he’s done
Quote the guy who said Brady "should be happy BB basically threw him to the curb" as you put it. Door was open, he walked, boo hoo. His self-eval. differed from the team's interests, they left the door open, he walked through it.

By the same token, you think I, as a Patriots fan, "should be happy" Brady's off playing Pirate King, as free as he is to be a Tampa Bay Buccaneer? My point's not that he's bad, wrong, or evil to be a Buccaneer. My point is he's a Buccaneer, and I'm a Patriots fan.

On October 3, even though I think it's unlikely since he is a Super Bowl Winning Pirate King, I would him effing obliterated in New England, by the New England Patriots. Are you rooting for him to win that game? Because that's what your posts look like--not the work of a Patriots fan but of a Brady fan lecturing his "high school friends" before going off and posting with his "college friends" in Tampa. It's okay to love TFB, I do in a "thanks for the memories" kind of way. But if you can't get amped up for the reality of the Patriots because of your memory of past Patriots, you might be a wonderful human being and so on, you're just not a Pats fan.
I said it above, but I believe that Tom Sr is expressing the thoughts of Tom Jr when he talks...
I love it... like Obama's anger translator.

That's lovely. Why doesn't Tom Sr. also help that teddy bear extract Tom Jr.'s precious bodily fluid in that Mark Wohlberg movie.

And just like that we're back to Florida beating Kraft handily since 2019.

Just my opinion.

I think the whole "Tom wants to be appreciated" thing is a big deal. I think as he grew, he was no longer the 6th rounder, crying in the Brady 6. He knew he was the GOAT and wanted to be a partner in the process, while Bill made it clear that he was the QB and that's it. Tom evolved and Bill didn't change how he coached him as he did, which rubbed him, and likely, his whole family, the wrong way. So there's bitterness and Dad is looking for a little payback. You hurt my boy, so now we must destroy you.

Meanwhile, Bill looks at this as an out of division, non-conference game and one of the least important, record wise, on the schedule.
Yea I see it the same way.

Just my opinion.

You may be right. Belichick comes from the Parcells coaching tree. Parcells used to tell Phil Simms "you shut up, I'll do the coaching." I think BB is the same way - players play, coaches coach, GMs GM. However, I disagree that Bill is not going to regard this as an important game. Bill was probably sick of all the talk last year of how he can't win without Tom. This is his chance to stick it to the naysayers.

Last edited:
You may be right. Belichick comes from the Parcells coaching tree. Parcells used to tell Phil Simms "you shut up, I'll do the coaching." I think BB is the same way - players play, coaches coach, GMs GM. However, I disagree that Bill is not going to regard this as an important game. Bill was probably sick of all the talk last year of how he is nothing without Tom. This is his chance to stick it to the naysayers.
I don't think he cares about the naysayers. He knows where he ranks in the history of the game. I think he'll play it as this is just who is on the schedule for week 4. If anything, this will be a chance to measure his team against the defending SB champs. He will play it off as all the Brady crap is just media noise and to focus on the game and not the off the field junk. He will know how Tom is going to be prepared and he will have to get the team to be at that level of focus. That may be the only difference. IMO.

He pretty much was asked to play with one hand tied behind his back and do it one yeat at a time. He had too much in the tank to waste in New England. What the Bucs had to offer was way more than what New England did. And yeah he had 6 rings with him when he left but he also left the Pats with 6 Lombardis in their trophy case. No not all his doing but I cant imagine anyone else doing it 6 out of 9 times. Tampa embraced his passion and greatness while New England gave up on it at the end. His dad's attitude in the end is completely understandable.

OK, Francis

Does anyone remember Brady trotting out on the gridiron with a straight jacket on?

So if Brady wins.....it's single handedly with nobody helping..... but if he loses it's he's hamstrung.

What's the real story?

Screw Tompa Brady.
He’s not the guy we all rooted for anymore.
I’ll never forget reading my Patriots football weekly training camp magazine and the line that forever Caught my attention was.
If you didn’t know any better you would of thought Sixth round draft pick Tom Brady was the starter the way he is lining guys up barking commands and giving players a earful.
That forever made me pay attention and he quickly moved up the depth chart and I had a feeling before the Drew injury that Tom was special. Just from reading that and watching his ascent up the depth chart.
He’s not the same guy honestly he’s just another ex player to me now.
I hope we make him see Ghosts easier said than done but I think you are mistaken if you don’t think this game means more than Tom and Bill than a blip on the schedule conference game.
If Patriots fans cheer if he throws a td or breaks the passing record against us your not a true Pats fan in my opinion.
Agree or disagree that’s how I feel.
I will cheer when he eats the grass. And everytime he throws a incompletion a turnover or gets nailed.

Sad to think that theganggreen.com was correct all these years.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there we have the level of idiocy some in here have descended to over the past year or so.

Tom Sr had mental health issues with separation anxiety and the nut doesn't fall far from the tree. Brady can't let go and no fan should forget how much he wants to rub it in when they play in Oct.

I'd like to see him pay back the PPP loan he got to offset the yacht he bought.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back