PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: PHOTOS: Brandon Bolden Reveals The Heartfelt Backstory For Changing His Jersey Number

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Cool...I had forgotten that he was the grandson of the great Elijah Pitts...I wonder when RBs were no longer allowed to wear #s in the 20s...

They've always been allowed as far as I can recall. Curtis Martin #28, Corey Dillon #28...could go on, but yeah, not sure what you mean, Cap'n.

They've always been allowed as far as I can recall. Curtis Martin #28, Corey Dillon #28...could go on, but yeah, not sure what you mean, Cap'n.

You're right about those #s...I dunno, the story seems to imply that Bolden would not have been able to switch to #25 before this season if he had wanted to do so, or maybe I'm reading this incorrectly...

Hm, good call, it does sound that way. I think it was meant to imply it got him thinking about changing his number? Maybe?

Maybe he couldn't change it cause Chung had it. idk

Maybe he couldn't change it cause Chung had it. idk
Chung wore 23 in his second stint here. There's almost always been someone else wearing 25 though, so maybe Bolden just didn't have the priority when picking numbers, or maybe he just didn't think of it until this year because he's getting old and just wanted to make sure he wore 25 for at least one year.

Chung wore 23 in his second stint here. There's almost always been someone else wearing 25 though, so maybe Bolden just didn't have the priority when picking numbers, or maybe he just didn't think of it until this year because he's getting old and just wanted to make sure he wore 25 for at least one year.
yea u right, i thought he started 23 and ended 25. had em backwards

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back