PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots News August 8, 53-man Roster Projection 2.0

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Almost in complete agreement with your roster (injuries aside, of course), but I think Harry sticks.

Also, maybe Langi over Hall.

Nordin can win the kicking job - if the coaches think they've solved his problems, it's not close. Folk is a solid kicker. Nordin will be a weapon (and take come pressure off of Bailey). Would he get through waivers to the PS? I doubt it with the ink he's suddenly getting.

Also, Williams might be gone - "pencil" is the right term. Jackson could beat him out.

And LaCosse will have to keep performing to beat out Jakob Johnson, I think. Johnson really showed up last year.

QB (2) M.Jones, C.Newton
RB (5) D.Harris, S.Michel, J.White, R.Stevenson, J.Johnson
WR (6) N.Agholor, J.Meyers, K.Bourne, N.Harry, G.Olszewski, M.Slater
TE (4) H.Henry, J.Smith, D.Asiasi, M.LaCosse
C (2) D.Andrews, T.Karras
G (2) S.Mason, M.Onwenu
T (4) I.Wynn, T.Brown, J.Herron, K.Cunningham
DT (4) L.Guy, D.Godchaux, C.Barmore, C.Davis
DE (3) D.Wise, M.Judon, H.Anderson
OLB(5) K.VanNoy, J.Uche, C.Winovich, R.Perkins, A.Jennings
ILB(3) D.Hightower, J.Bentley, T.Hall
CB (5) S.Gilmore, J.Jackson, J.Jones, J.Mills, J.Bethel
SS (3) K.Dugger, A.Phillips, J.Williams
FS (2) D.McCourty, A.Colbert
ST (3) J.Bailey, Q.Nordin, J.Cardona

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2021

Last edited:
Comments;

- Hoyer can't be on the PS. He has too many accrued seasons already.
- We are keeping one additional WR between Wilkerson/Nixon if we trade Harry. We are not going in the season with only Meyers, Bourne, and Algohor as the ONLY pass catchers with Olszewski and Slater in that room. Gonna be 6 WR's...with one or two WRs on the PS.
- Yeah...agree on TE/FB being a toss up between LaCosse and Jakobi Johnson. I think we could use Johnson's skill set more than LaCosse's.
- Marcus Martin on the OL over the multiple position Sherman? Not sure about that one.
- Cowart over Davis...I think he'll get healthy just in time and reclaim his spot.
- Not sure about JoeJuan Williams making it...I like Michael Jackson...and Miles Bryant is a CB isn't he? (I'd put Jalen Mills in the S group)
- For ST's I think Brandon King figures a way to stick somehow...with McMillian's injury...it opens a spot at LB.
- Not sure Nordin won't beat out Folk......a good leg is a good leg....

@Zuma, thanks for the 53 man link!

Here's mine:

QB (2) C.Newton, M.Jones
RB (5) D.Harris, S.Michel, J.White, B.Bolden, R.Stevenson
WR (7) N.Agholor, J.Meyers, K.Bourne, M.Slater, G.Olszewski, K.Wilkerson, N.Harry
TE (4) J.Smith, H.Henry, M.LaCosse, D.Asiasi
G (2) S.Mason, M.Onwenu
T (4) I.Wynn, T.Brown, J.Herron, W.Sherman
DE (2) D.Wise, H.Anderson
DT (4) L.Guy, D.Godchaux, C.Barmore, B.Cowart
ILB(2) D.Hightower, J.Bentley
OLB(6) M.Judon, K.VanNoy, R.Perkins, C.Winovich, A.Jennings, J.Uche
CB (6) S.Gilmore, J.Jackson, M.Bryant, J.Jones, J.Bethel, J.Mills
SS (2) K.Dugger, A.Phillips
FS (2) D.McCourty, C.Davis

Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2019

@Zuma, thanks for the 53 man link!

Here's mine:

QB (2) C.Newton, M.Jones
RB (5) D.Harris, S.Michel, J.White, B.Bolden, R.Stevenson
WR (7) N.Agholor, J.Meyers, K.Bourne, M.Slater, G.Olszewski, K.Wilkerson, N.Harry
G (2) S.Mason, M.Onwenu
T (4) I.Wynn, T.Brown, J.Herron, W.Sherman
DT (4) L.Guy, D.Godchaux, C.Barmore, B.Cowart
ILB(2) D.Hightower, J.Bentley
OLB(6) M.Judon, K.VanNoy, R.Perkins, C.Winovich, A.Jennings, J.Uche
CB (6) S.Gilmore, J.Jackson, M.Bryant, J.Jones, J.Bethel, J.Mills

Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2019

I like it.

DE: We both have just 2 at DE but I think Judon will be there depending on opponent and also one or two DT's will play there as well
OT: I have Cunningham instead of Sherman but it could be Sherman
RB: I think FB Johnson absolutely makes the 53 barring an injury...which in turn leaves one less WR...Harry or Wilkerson
FS: I have Colbert over Davis. I could be wrong but I think he has been flying all over the place making place so far this camp. However he may be more suited for SS and their is also the ST aspect.

Last edited:
I like it.

DE: We both have just 2 at DE but I think Judon will be there depending on opponent and also one or two DT's will play there as well
OT: I have Cunningham instead of Sherman but it could be Sherman
RB: I think FB Johnson absolutely makes the 53 barring an injury...which in turn leaves one less WR...Harry or Wilkerson
FS: I have Colbert over Davis. I could be wrong but I think he has flying all over the place making place so far this camp. However he may be more suited for SS and their is also the ST aspect.
I would take a healthy carl Davis over cowart as well. With God Guy Davis Anderson and Barmore we have a improved group with variability along the line. Run defense could be top 10 easily imo.

I would take a healthy carl Davis over cowart as well. With God Guy Davis Anderson and Barmore we have a improved group with variability along the line. Run defense could be top 10 easily imo.
I prefer Adams over both Davis and Cowart.

Also, given that we have a Front Six instead of a Front Seven, we don't need 5 ILB's. I don't see hall making the 53.

Patriots News August 8, 53-man Roster Projection 2.0
Steve Balestrieri
“I’ll be honest,” Bricillo said. “We are seven days in, and I don’t think we’re happy with where anyone is at.”

The post Patriots News August 8, 53-man Roster Projection 2.0 appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
FULLBACK
You have 4 TE/FB's, and then list four TE's. We need a FB. I suggest Johnson instead of LeCosse, unless Asiasi starts on PUP.

OFFENSIVE LINE
Pursuant to the new agreement, we will have 8 OL's active, as we did last year. I think that we should one inactive OL on the 53 man roster. My pick for the inactive 53rd OL would be a 4th OT.

I prefer Adams over both Davis and Cowart.

Also, given that we have a Front Six instead of a Front Seven, we don't need 5 ILB's. I don't see hall making the 53.
Adams certainly has more quickness but a mountain like Davis will be a good thing for our two DT 4 DE/LB system. Adams is more of a 3 Tech probably as well as guy Anderson and barmore.

I think Hall showed promises last season for a BU role at the LB position depending on the performance of Bentley etc. in Camp. I agree we might see him on the PS and have a DB instead on the Gameday roster

Jakob. A ‘true FB’ has been on this team for the better part of the last decade+ and I think BB values the position.

Harry is a tough call. I don’t know if this flash in camp is an illusion, but my sense is he’ll find a way to disappoint…

A run heavy team ditching a FB would be quite hilarious.

Pats have usually ran better with a FB in the lineup.

A run heavy team ditching a FB would be quite hilarious.

Pats have usually ran better with a FB in the lineup.

That's the thing....having a FB lined up telegraphs whether it's a run/pass play...unless the guy can catch some balls now and then...which I have seen Johnson do a few times in pre-season though. Not sure if Johnson can pass block well or not...don't remember.

QB (3) C.Newton, M.Jones, B.Hoyer
RB (5) D.Harris, S.Michel, J.White, J.Johnson, R.Stevenson
WR (6) N.Agholor, J.Meyers, K.Bourne, N.Harry, G.Olszewski, M.Slater
C (3) D.Andrews, T.Karras, M.Martin
G (2) S.Mason, M.Onwenu
T (4) I.Wynn, T.Brown, J.Herron, K.Cunningham
DT (4) L.Guy, D.Godchaux, C.Barmore, C.Davis
ILB(3) D.Hightower, J.Bentley, T.Hall
OLB(5) M.Judon, J.Uche, K.VanNoy, R.Perkins, A.Jennings
CB (5) S.Gilmore, J.Jackson, J.Jones, J.Mills, M.Bryant
ST (3) N.Folk, J.Bailey, J.Cardona

I think with Cam's injury history and Mac's rookieness, having Hoyer there is important - if/until Stid comes off PUP
DE seems light, except that half of the listed OLB's can play End. Same with Bryant & Mills who can play Safety if needed.
I'm sticking with Folk for now. But preseason could prove that Nordin is ready if all goes perfectly.

Patriots News August 8, 53-man Roster Projection 2.0
Steve Balestrieri
“I’ll be honest,” Bricillo said. “We are seven days in, and I don’t think we’re happy with where anyone is at.”

The post Patriots News August 8, 53-man Roster Projection 2.0 appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I still will be completely shocked, and Very disappointed, if the lousy-in-college Quinn Nordin makes the 53.

Completely agree with the entire Carmen Bricillo paragraph...Honesty from Bill or any of his assistants is a rare sighting indeed.

"With the election (finally) of the great Drew Pearson of the Cowboys..."

Exsqueeze me? Drew Pearson doesn't belong in the HOF without a ticket.

**** Payaton Fivehead...As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be...

Matty LaGlasse ahead of Troy Fumagalli & Jake Johnson?!? Are you on drugs? If you're not, then you really need to start...

Where does Jerald Hawkins fit in the OL projection?

Dam shame about the Raekwon McMillan injury...JaWrong Yugo still completely ****ing sucks.

Mike Jackson might be starting to make one of Justin Bethel or Cody Davis expendable if he can show something on STs...

Almost in complete agreement with your roster (injuries aside, of course), but I think Harry sticks.

Also, maybe Langi over Hall.

Nordin can win the kicking job - if the coaches think they've solved his problems, it's not close. Folk is a solid kicker. Nordin will be a weapon (and take come pressure off of Bailey). Would he get through waivers to the PS? I doubt it with the ink he's suddenly getting.

Also, Williams might be gone - "pencil" is the right term. Jackson could beat him out.

And LaCosse will have to keep performing to beat out Jakob Johnson, I think. Johnson really showed up last year.

Nordin will Very Easily pass through waivers unclaimed.

That's the thing....having a FB lined up telegraphs whether it's a run/pass play...unless the guy can catch some balls now and then...which I have seen Johnson do a few times in pre-season though. Not sure if Johnson can pass block well or not...don't remember.

That's why losing Dalton Keene actually kinda sucks.

Looks like more people in this thread need to Upgrayyed their medication...LaGlasse ahead of Jake Johnson is Just. Plain. Wrong.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back