PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots News 08-07, Changing The Offensive Scheme Takes Time

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I still have more confidence in the offense jelling than the defense. There are too many good players on offense and we don't really have any idea about the defense. I remain confident in BB.

I still have more confidence in the offense jelling than the defense. There are too many good players on offense and we don't really have any idea about the defense. I remain confident in BB.
How bad can the defense be, really?
Since 2001 here are the defense rankings in points allowed.

1st. 3 times
2nd 3 times
3-5. 3 times
6-8. 6 times.
9-10 3 times.

That’s 18 top 10s in 21 years
The other 3 were 15 in 2011 and 17 in 2002 and 2005.

The last 6 years have been: 1,5,7,1,7,2

Regardless of changes in personnel this team always puts together a good defense

I would also put Trent Brown in the same category as Onwenu… So that’s 40% of our OL starters who are ill-suited for this new-fangled, laterally-moving blocking scheme… who by the way happen to be our best two OLmen… Oh and by the way part deux we have NOBODY on this staff even remotely qualified to teach it in the first place…

Otherwise we’re in great shape…

To expect a bunch of guys who haven't played together much and master new concepts on offense is pretty unrealistic.

To expect a bunch of guys who haven't played together much and master new concepts on offense is pretty unrealistic.

Especially when they don’t have the support structure necessary to learn them properly.

Ring 6 told me the changes in offense were the same as every other year! Don’t worry about it!

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back