PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Mock Draft #6 – Final Mock Draft

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Interesting comparison about Fairbanks and Parcells. I will always dismiss Parcells as an egocentric control freak and would never support him for the HOF. The Fairbanks ownership was a much more difficult situation. So I always cut Fairbanks a little slack. He took a moribund franchise and built it into a powerful team (with Bucko Kilroy's help). He was in a much more difficult situation. I would support his candidacy. Still, Julius Adams is my favorite waiting in the wings, along with Russ Francis.

Hate the first two picks. Anderson in the 3rd? Okay, I guess. At 54? Please no.

Appreciate the effort but I don’t like the picks at all. The only two CB’s I would touch in the first round are long gone, and if they go DB in the first the only one I want is Daxton Hill. And while I like Troy Anderson as a prospect I would much rather see them move up into the top 40 and take Skyy Moore with the pick. Other than that there just too many trades to follow it.

I agree the Patriots and Florida players early leaves a bitter taste in my mouth ie...J Cunningham - D Easley and D Dawson they all busted no thanks. And that Second round selection for a converted LB not that early maybe in the Fourth. Love that WR K Austin from Notre Dame though a well kept secret.

Solid draft. Quite a few guys that could come in day 1 and serve a purpose. Elam could take a large chunk of snaps and be starting by end of year. Andersen is shooting up the boards. I’d be happy with either him or Muma for the athletic do it all LB’s. Both have the athleticism to spy, and play pass D at a decent level. What can I say about Jones? I mean, dude is a ****ing athlete! His size and ability to stay healthy are the only things that worry me about him. Williams was another great pic. Gotta think McCall is going to need a year or two, but should be able to spell in short yardage/gl situations to get his feet wet. Some of the other cats you picked, never heard of em so I won’t comment on those. Let’s see.

You beefed up the DL with a true NT body type, and a strong edge player with high upside. You drafted a LB that has the athletic tools and size that none of our current guys possess, and you added 2 high upside corners. If everyone of those guys managed to be contributors by year 3, you will have created a helluva young nucleus on D. **** man, I’d be over the moon.

Patriots Mock Draft #6 – Final Mock Draft
Mark Morse
Here is my Mock Draft 6.0, the final all Patriots Mock Draft before the actual event starting Thursday night.

The post Patriots Mock Draft #6 – Final Mock Draft appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
I disagree with the picks on many levels, but most of all, the defensive backfield was strengthened through free agency and the real needs are Nose Tackle/Interior DL first, then LB, then OL,.

The WR crew is sound with veterans across the board from James White to the TEs to the three veteran WRs and Jacoby Meyers at slot receiver.

I also think Belichick has learned that prospects from big-time programs like Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State, etc. are more reliably NFL ready than kids from mid-majors and weak D1 conferences.

P.S. I've never been right about a player in my Patriots mock drafts. Ever. You can take that to the bank.

Last edited:
Me and Mark have been going back & forth on this for minute now. I've literally been saying the same thing you have. One round isn't the biggest deal except when it's round one & two. I have a pretty solid 3rd on Anderson. I wouldn't hate it but most likely wouldn't be mine. I'm just really pumped to hit 5 prospects on my board and retain my belt.

Me and Mark have been going back & forth on this for minute now. I've literally been saying the same thing you have. One round isn't the biggest deal except when it's round one & two. I have a pretty solid 3rd on Anderson. I wouldn't hate it but most likely wouldn't be mine. I'm just really pumped to hit 5 prospects on my board and retain my belt.
Are you going to do a Mock, BGC?

Picking up 2 extra 3rd round picks with trade downs is smart maneuvering. I doubt the Pats will be offered such sweetheart deals on the real draft day.

Also I would have targeted one of the big DTs in round 1 or 2, either Davis from Georgia or Jones from Uconn. I do see that you went for DT later in day 3 so you did address the need, I just don't think they are going to be the dominant frontline player those 2 prospects look to be from the get go. The run defense was a big weakness last year. Yes CB is a need, but you could still find a pretty good one in round 2 or 3.

Good effort, but I think the order of priority on your draft is different from how I would go.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back