PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots 53 Man Roster – Pre Training Camp Prediction, Morse’s Morsels

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots 53 Man Roster – Pre Training Camp Prediction, Morse’s Morsels
Mark Morse
Here is my prediction for the Patriot's final 53-man roster on the cut-down day! This is not the roster they will start the season with. I expect a few veteran players that are cut to re-sign immediately after the rosters and waivers are established to protect a few players they do not want to expose to waivers.

The post Patriots 53 Man Roster – Pre Training Camp Prediction, Morse’s Morsels appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

"Runningback (4) P.Strong, R.Stevenson, K.Harris, D.Harris"

- Ty Montgomery might have a better chance of making the 53 than Kevin Harris does, and I'm not a Monty fan at all... Dude sucks in fact... But Harris is redundant and Strong is unproven;

"Wide Receiver (6) J.Meyers, D.Parker, K.Bourne, T.Thornton, T.Nixon, M.Slater
Agholor is making too much money for the production they are getting from him. Cutting Agholor will open up cap space and playing time for Thornton, otherwise, Thornton is buried as the 4th WR on the roster. Meyers, Parker, and Nixon are all slot receivers."

- I would be very, very careful about trading Agholor (or Damien Harris too)... and don't be surprised to see Bourne operate from the slot more often than Parker will;

- Regarding the OL, it already looks as if Sherman is a throw-away pick and Durant a throw-away trade... Hines & Steuber might be considered similarly by this time next year... That's Three ****ing times now the ****ing KC Queefs have screwed us on the OL;

"Defensive Tackle (4) L.Guy, C.Barmore, D.Godchaux, S.Roberts"

- Where's the Beef?

"Inside Linebacker (5) J.Bentley, C.McGrone, M.Wilson, R.McMillan, J.Tavai"

- Tavai ain't making' the 53... Dude sucks... In fact I doubt that all 4 of the others are kept either;

"Free Safety (3) D.McCourty, J.Peppers, B.Schooler"

- You're keeping something called a Brendan Schooler ahead of Shaun Wade?

"Runningback (4) P.Strong, R.Stevenson, K.Harris, D.Harris"

- Ty Montgomery might have a better chance of making the 53 than Kevin Harris does, and I'm not a Monty fan at all... Dude sucks in fact... But Harris is redundant and Strong is unproven;

"Wide Receiver (6) J.Meyers, D.Parker, K.Bourne, T.Thornton, T.Nixon, M.Slater
Agholor is making too much money for the production they are getting from him. Cutting Agholor will open up cap space and playing time for Thornton, otherwise, Thornton is buried as the 4th WR on the roster. Meyers, Parker, and Nixon are all slot receivers."

- I would be very, very careful about trading Agholor (or Damien Harris too)... and don't be surprised to see Bourne operate from the slot more often than Parker will;

- Regarding the OL, it already looks as if Sherman is a throw-away pick and Durant a throw-away trade... Hines & Steuber might be considered similarly by this time next year... That's Three ****ing times now the ****ing KC Queefs have screwed us on the OL;

"Defensive Tackle (4) L.Guy, C.Barmore, D.Godchaux, S.Roberts"

- Where's the Beef?

"Inside Linebacker (5) J.Bentley, C.McGrone, M.Wilson, R.McMillan, J.Tavai"

- Tavai ain't making' the 53... Dude sucks... In fact I doubt that all 4 of the others are kept either;

"Free Safety (3) D.McCourty, J.Peppers, B.Schooler"

- You're keeping something called a Brendan Schooler ahead of Shaun Wade?
Wade is a tough cut. Lets see how he does in the Pre-season games but more importantly how he fares in the joint practices. I see Schooler as a potential replacement for Slater, who can't play forever.

Wade is a tough cut. Lets see how he does in the Pre-season games but more importantly how he fares in the joint practices. I see Schooler as a potential replacement for Slater, who can't play forever.

There will always be Brendan Schoolers available after every draft... This one's no better than the dozens who will be available as UDFAs next year... NFW I'm keeping him at the risk of exposing Wade to the waiver process.

We need to grandfather-out the STs-Only dudes anyway... Not replace them with others equally useless during plays from scrimmage.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back