PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots’ Situation With Kendrick Bourne Needs a Resolution Sooner than Later

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots’ Situation With Kendrick Bourne Needs a Resolution Sooner than Later
Ian Logue
Heading into the 2022 season, the Patriots seemed to purge one key problem on their wide receiver group and instead have ended up with a new one after Kendrick Bourne was a spectator on Sunday in Miami.

The post Patriots’ Situation With Kendrick Bourne Needs a Resolution Sooner than Later appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Mac Jones needs very good Talent to win he won't win consistently with mediocrity how does your best WR get only two snaps?? Inquiring minds want to know somebody should tell the older BB that the GOAT of QB's now plays in Tampa and Mac is no Brady. This is not a mystery to opposing DC's around the league wake up Sleepy BB.

Last edited:
Once again, gruff ol' Little Billy Notgoat is showing that he would rather lose his way than win another way.

T-E-A-M be D-A-M-M-E-D.
gruff ol' Little Billy Notgoat :rofl: fun fact is 35-36 playing without the real GOAT.

Once again, gruff ol' Little Billy Notgoat is showing that he would rather lose his way than win another way.

T-E-A-M be D-A-M-M-E-D.
Just curious if Bill isn't the best coach of all time who do you think is? And where does Bill land in your opinion?

Just curious if Bill isn't the best coach of all time who do you think is? And where does Bill land in your opinion?
It's tough for me to say for sure that BB is right at the top of all coaches. There's a lot of arguments for it but also too many arguments against it for me. As a Pats fan I'll say he is anyway :)

Also feels like the finish line for BB's career is not far off. I believe 2022 is it for TB12, and I think the Bill watch will start after 2023. I don't buy that he totally changed his mind and now feels like he wants to coach into his 70's. He's also old school like Tuna and Coughlin and those guys are long gone for a reason.

Last edited:
I really really hope that resolution isn’t a cut/trade. As some pointed out yesterday, it’s a problem when our passing game is only quick game for a few yards with minimal yac and chucking contested fades down the sideline. We need to get more of a threatening passing game in the intermediate area over the middle of the field. I think Kendrick is a guy with some explosion and YAC ability that can help with that. He can offer something to the offense that the other WRs do not.
Right now it’s very difficult to sustain drives when we need to repeatedly stay on schedule, avoid anything negative happening, and string together 10+ plays to move the ball.

I really really hope that resolution isn’t a cut/trade. As some pointed out yesterday, it’s a problem when our passing game is only quick game for a few yards with minimal yac and chucking contested fades down the sideline. We need to get more of a threatening passing game in the intermediate area over the middle of the field. I think Kendrick is a guy with some explosion and YAC ability that can help with that. He can offer something to the offense that the other WRs do not.
Right now it’s very difficult to sustain drives when we need to repeatedly stay on schedule, avoid anything negative happening, and string together 10+ plays to move the ball.
We wouldn't be able to keep up with he no punt Bills playing like that.

We did what we thought was best,” said Belichick when asked about Bourne. He added that it had nothing to do with a possible disciplinary action by the team.

I thought ‘KB’ did a great job stepping in there when we needed him,” said Belichick. “Made a big play for us. He’s a good player. I’m sure that he’ll have plenty of opportunities, as all of our skill players will, going forward, so we’ll see how it all plays out.”

“It just kind of worked out that way,” Belichick replied, “it wasn’t anything that was specifically avoided. Just didn’t work.”

giphy.gif

Last edited:
We did what we thought was best,” said Belichick when asked about Bourne. He added that it had nothing to do with a possible disciplinary action by the team.

I thought ‘KB’ did a great job stepping in there when we needed him,” said Belichick. “Made a big play for us. He’s a good player. I’m sure that he’ll have plenty of opportunities, as all of our skill players will, going forward, so we’ll see how it all plays out.”

“It just kind of worked out that way,” Belichick replied, “it wasn’t anything that was specifically avoided. Just didn’t work.”

giphy.gif

Liar.

Wrong.

Your question had nothing to do with the topic of conversation, and I answered it thusly.
You carry on in every thread making it a point to come up with dumb nicknames and constantly let everyone know you don't think BB is the goat coach so I think it's fair to ask who you think is better and where you actually think BB stands. Just asking you to support your own claims.

We wouldn't be able to keep up with he no punt Bills playing like that.
We also probably won’t keep up with them without forcing them to punt….

Not that we’re competing for a Super Bowl now anyways, but think about how hard it would have been for us to keep up with the 18 chiefs, 14 ravens, 16 falcons, etc without ever threatening the intermediate space over the middle. The closest I think of is SB49 when we picked them apart with quick game. And that was some of the most impressive, sharp-execution football with the smallest margin for error I’ve seen. It also required an offense with Brady, jules, gronk, dola, vereen, and lafell all in or close to their primes. And a better OL than we have now. And much better coaching.

I think there’s more to this offense to unlock. Two play actions also won’t get it done.

Patriots’ Situation With Kendrick Bourne Needs a Resolution Sooner than Later
Ian Logue
Heading into the 2022 season, the Patriots seemed to purge one key problem on their wide receiver group and instead have ended up with a new one after Kendrick Bourne was a spectator on Sunday in Miami.

The post Patriots’ Situation With Kendrick Bourne Needs a Resolution Sooner than Later appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
Good guesswork, and I agree with your guesses. (I remind myself always that they're just guesses of course... but the official "story" looks like junk. I would be surprised if it "just worked out that way.")

He also appears to have Bourne on the uncertain reinforcement regime rather than a strict Skinner box, whatever it is he's trying to train out of him like a live-action Robot Chicken opening sequence. AKA, "A Clockwork Orange."

Reactions: Ian

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back