NEW ARTICLE: Cam Newton Breaks Silence To Address His Positive COVID-19 Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Cam Newton Breaks Silence To Address His Positive COVID-19 Test
Robert Alvarez
Cam Newton address his positive COVID-19 test with message to fans in post over Instagram.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

tl;dr
I will never question God’s reasoning; just will always respond with, ‘yes lord’! I appreciate all the love, support and well wishes. I will take this time to get healthy and self reflect on the other amazing things that I should be grateful for!

Reads like a fancy way of saying "No comment..."

Before people start making up crazy weird scenarios for how Newton got infected (like the insane Malcolm Butler benching outrageous comments saying he got high on drugs, with zero evidence), it literally could have been anything that got Newton infected. The wrong lineman breaths on Newton the wrong way in a tackle pile in any of the first 3 games, etc. So don't go insinuating some negative reasons when nobody knows.

Given that God would be the source of this virus....seems a bit odd to give credit.

Just weird how he was the ONLY NE Patriot to become infected. I'm a big Cam fan. As big of a fan as anyone, however it's not hard to see that he probably was part of the reason as to why he caught the virus. It's all speculation of course but man if he was irresponsible in anyway away from the stadium then that's sad he tarnished a golden opportunity. After watching the Defense hold Mahomes and Co. To 13 points through 3 Quarters it really says a lot about what the team could have been capable of had he just stuck to his routine throughout the week (again speculating) but how is he the only one to have gotten sick? He had to have contact with someone outside of the stadium which again is so sad because the pats could be looking at a 4-1 start heading into the bye week with the tie breaker over KC if he played. So terribly unfortunate.

Can't be an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent being without taking all the blame, too.

Holy false dichotomy, Batman!

Before people start making up crazy weird scenarios for how Newton got infected (like the insane Malcolm Butler benching outrageous comments saying he got high on drugs, with zero evidence), it literally could have been anything that got Newton infected. The wrong lineman breaths on Newton the wrong way in a tackle pile in any of the first 3 games, etc. So don't go insinuating some negative reasons when nobody knows.

No, that could not have happened.

That example linemen has been tested every day for over a month. No positives.

He didn’t get it at “work”. Because everyone at work is tested. For all teams.

Just weird how he was the ONLY NE Patriot to become infected. I'm a big Cam fan. As big of a fan as anyone, however it's not hard to see that he probably was part of the reason as to why he caught the virus. It's all speculation of course but man if he was irresponsible in anyway away from the stadium then that's sad he tarnished a golden opportunity. After watching the Defense hold Mahomes and Co. To 13 points through 3 Quarters it really says a lot about what the team could have been capable of had he just stuck to his routine throughout the week (again speculating) but how is he the only one to have gotten sick? He had to have contact with someone outside of the stadium which again is so sad because the pats could be looking at a 4-1 start heading into the bye week with the tie breaker over KC if he played. So terribly unfortunate.

I got ridiculed quite a bit for saying the same thing.

He brought it in. He is patient zero. No other staff member or player has tested positive.

Covid doesn’t jump through telephones or teleport into your body. He went somewhere or let someone into his home.

Given that God would be the source of this virus....seems a bit odd to give credit.

Are you sure it was God? The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Just kidding, I only used your comment to use that quote.

It is a good quote. I shall allow it.

what I heard is that cam got high on drugs with Malcolm just before testing posative

Just weird how he was the ONLY NE Patriot to become infected.
No, he was the only NE Patriot to test positive.

We know that it's possible to carry the virus without failing a COVID test. Frankly the tests as such are pretty primitive, and the more you know about the virus the more you know how ineffective the testing regime is.

Also let's be blunt here, this virus is really, really contagious and can eventually get through any defense raised against it. I'm not gonna let people be too hard on Cam until I know for a fact how he got the virus. It could be something as simple as a one of his kids bringing it home.

The fact that he's the only positive on the team so far puts the blame entirely on him. If it turns out that no other players test positive then fine, it's only one game, which could have been lost anyway. But if it turns out that he infected others on the team and blows the season, that's another story.

We know that it's possible to carry the virus without failing a COVID test. Frankly the tests as such are pretty primitive, and the more you know about the virus the more you know how ineffective the testing regime is.

Also let's be blunt here, this virus is really, really contagious and can eventually get through any defense raised against it. I'm not gonna let people be too hard on Cam until I know for a fact how he got the virus. It could be something as simple as a one of his kids bringing it home.

Considering how contagious the virus is and the % of infected cases that might not show up, there would still be at least a couple of positives on the Pats. If there aren't any now then he was more than likely the only one. And if there are positives that didn't show up before then he was the originator.

Btw, I'm glad to see that you're willing to give Cam the benefit of the doubt when it comes to picking up the virus. I'm sure you'd cut everyone slack in that regard.

The above post is an example of the lengths that fans will go to defend multi-millionaire athletes who don't even know they exist.

Tests can have false negatives.

But not over and over and over and over and over.

These people are tested EVERY SINGLE DAY.

If someone else had it, or gets it, they will test positive.

There is a picture of him at the mall 6 days ago, so that's a decent starting point that isn't a crazy weird scenario.

The fact that he's the only positive on the team so far puts the blame entirely on him. If it turns out that no other players test positive then fine, it's only one game, which could have been lost anyway. But if it turns out that he infected others on the team and blows the season, that's another story.
What do you expect him to do? Are you really suggesting that nfl players should not have any contact at all with any other humans or go anywhere aside from the facility and home for 6 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST