PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Brady Proved on Sunday the Patriots Gave Up On Him Too Soon

There's nothing objective or even knowledgeable in thinking one player in the ultimate team sport, no matter how good, was the reason for 20 years of winning and 6 rings. And to say instantly they suck now in an obvious reload season, that the architect of those winning teams sucks or mismanaged a run of three rings in four appearances so their sacred cow could get to be called the GOAT is hilariously misguided, entitled and childish.

Cool. Show me where I have ever said that. Pull that post up for me.

From 2014-2019 the Patriots had one of the best defenses in the league, some of the best special teams in the league, some of the best O-Lines in the league... and let's face it some good weapons. If one judges "going all in to win" solely as overpaying superweapons without acknowledging the top flight defenses which ensured many of those Super Bowl wins (Rams Super Bowl... anyone?) then you're not being objective... you're a Brady/QB fanboy, who frankly doesn't understand the game as well as one should or needs to in order to speak intelligently on the subject.

And those teams were largely constructed with a base drafted from 2009-2013. Chung, Edelman, McCourty, Gronk, Solder, Hightower, Jones, Collins, Harmon to name a few. After 2014, one whiff after another in the draft forced the team to go the FA/Trade route in order to fill those holes. What’s funny is, and you probably don’t know this because you’re still somewhat new here, the consensus on this forum used to be that BB would never push the chips to the middle of the table to “win now” at the expense of the future. Then he said it, mind you, in response to a question about his less-than-stellar drafts the last couple of years. Now BB fans, such as yourself, have latched on to that. We didn’t enter cap purgatory in the 2020 season because we went into “win now” mode. We entered it because veterans are more expensive than rookies and we have a young talent shortfall in the latter area because of years of suspect drafts.

As for “not understanding the game enough?” I always love when posters who have never broken down defensive coverages and how they match up with an opposing offense, gap integrity/discipline, blocking assignments, route concepts, and a QB’s mechanics say that. I’ve never seen you do that on here. You just throw verbal bouquets at anything BB does or any player he goes with in the draft while saying some variation of “it’s a team game” over and over again. I’ll be kind here. I’ve forgotten more about this game than you know. Even people who disagreed with me or don’t like me on this forum have admitted that I’m very knowledgeable about the game as well as X’s and O’s.

Sorry if that's harsh, but it's the truth... I slam Bill regularly for draft picks, game decisions and free agent signings... all the time.

Nice! Show me one post. Just one.

But we're talking about a subsection of the fanbase who couldn't admit when Tom threw a single bad pass

Lots of hyperbole here, Mr. Chatham I suppose you’re referring to me here, since you’ve called me a “Brady fanboy,” and intended it as a slight before. You went curiously quiet after that as I pulled a post in the same thread defending Bill then asked you to give me an example where you were critical or had a negative take on the man. Anyway, back to the subject at hand...

Sure, he missed some throws. He’s missed throws in every game throughout his career.

Or step up in the pocket.

^^ After throwing off his back foot in the NFCCG last week. Prior to that, I called the INT “brutal.”

Terrible decision by Brady to throw the ball off his back foot there.

Same game.

Do I need to pull up posts from 2019, or is the point made?

or made an error in judgement like endorsing Guerrero's quack cure-alls for cancer/concussions

Brady just threw 40 TDs and is playing in his 10th Super Bowl at the age of 43. What he’s doing is absolutely unprecedented. Perhaps he and Guerrero know a little bit more about the “cure-all’s” and how to maintain peak performance than Wozzy on PatsFans.com?

There is no pro-Belichick crowd that rubber-stamps his every move, it doesn't exist.

Sure there is. Just to name a few off the top of my head, there’s you, Andy, DaBruinz, luuked, and JMC00. Hell, there is even a poster on here named BelichickFan who readily admits he’s not a Pats fan and only follows the team for Bill. He rooted for the Giants, Browns, and Jets in the past. I’ll let you off the hook, though, if you can find me just one post of yours where you were negative or critical about the man. Just one out of a thousand plus posts. Shouldn’t be that hard.

There is clearly a band of Brady zealots who think because BB released him to handpick a superteam... somehow that makes Tom the winner of a competition that doesn't exist except in the mind of the fanboys and media shills exploiting their emotions.

This was bound to happen once he left. By the way, he didn’t “release Brady.” He offered him a handful of incentive-heavy one year deals before agreeing not to franchise Brady so he could test UFA. Then Brady took a look at the roster and who he was going to be throwing to here, and this goes back to the draft whiffs, on top of where the cap was because we were too loaded with higher priced veterans and short on cheap youth, and he left.

If it’s between Brady and BB, and we aren’t taking into account the teams during that run, Brady was probably in the area of 70% responsible while BB was in the area of 30% for this run. Don’t believe me? Reference what Bill said about players and coaches. The man himself sided with the players as being the more important pieces. The most important player on the field is...? You guessed it. The QB.

These people are making it impossible for rational Patriot and Brady fans to enjoy this Super Bowl quest he's on... the whining, moaning, hyperbolic outbursts and anti-Patriot/BB rants are insufferable.

1612280123504.gif

Oh please. You people made up your mind the moment he left and you’ve gotten notably more bitter as the Bucs have improved and the Patriots fell into the ****ter.

2020 was clearly a reloading year for the Patriots, a year to reset the cap... before the last game of this season has even been played, to spell the doom of the Patriots going forward is dumb.

Many of these same people said we had "no talent," were "old and slow" in midseason from 2014-2018, they said defenses ranked #1 in fewest points allowed weren't good... forgive me if I don't consider these fanboys "objective."

giphy.gif

I count two posters who did that. FCB, who is perennially the worst poster here, and captain stone who, to his credit, has disagreed with BB as far back as I’ve been here (2006). If you have more people in mind, I’d be happy to hear those names and see those posts. Otherwise, this is just more hyperbole. I suppose the thread you’re thinking about is this one...

You’ll notice who came to the defense of the team and coach. The “fanboy.”

Last edited:
Cool. Show me where I have ever said that. Pull that post up for me.

And those teams were largely constructed with a base drafted from 2009-2013. Chung, Edelman, McCourty, Gronk, Solder, Hightower, Jones, Collins, Harmon to name a few. After 2014, one whiff after another in the draft forced the team to go the FA/Trade route in order to fill those holes. What’s funny is, and you probably don’t know this because you’re still somewhat new here, the consensus on this forum used to be that BB would never push the chips to the middle of the table to “win now” at the expense of the future. Then he said it, mind you, in response to a question about his less-than-stellar drafts the last couple of years. Now BB fans, such as yourself, have latched on to that. We didn’t enter cap purgatory in the 2020 season because we went into “win now” mode. We entered it because veterans are more expensive than rookies and we have a young talent shortfall in the latter area because of years of suspect drafts.

As for “not understanding the game enough?” I always love when posters who have never broken down defensive coverages and how they match up with an opposing offense, gap integrity/discipline, blocking assignments, route concepts, and a QB’s mechanics say that. I’ve never seen you do that on here. You just throw verbal bouquets at anything BB does or any player he goes with in the draft while saying some variation of “it’s a team game” over and over again. I’ll be kind here. I’ve forgotten more about this game than you know. Even people who disagreed with me or don’t like me on this forum have admitted that I’m very knowledgeable about the game as well as X’s and O’s.

Nice! Show me one post. Just one.

Lots of hyperbole here, Mr. Chatham I suppose you’re referring to me here, since you’ve called me a “Brady fanboy,” and intended it as a slight before. You went curiously quiet after that as I pulled a post in the same thread defending Bill then asked you to give me an example where you were critical or had a negative take on the man. Anyway, back to the subject at hand...

^^ After throwing off his back foot in the NFCCG last week. Prior to that, I called the INT “brutal.”

Same game.

Do I need to pull up posts from 2019, or is the point made?

Brady just threw 40 TDs and is playing in his 10th Super Bowl at the age of 43. What he’s doing is absolutely unprecedented. Perhaps he and Guerrero know a little bit more about the “cure-all’s” and how to maintain peak performance than Wozzy on PatsFans.com?

Sure there is. Just to name a few off the top of my head, there’s you, Andy, DaBruinz, luuked, and JMC00. Hell, there is even a poster on here named BelichickFan who readily admits he’s not a Pats fan and only follows the team for Bill. He rooted for the Giants, Browns, and Jets in the past. I’ll let you off the hook, though, if you can find me just one post of yours where you were negative or critical about the man. Just one out of a thousand plus posts. Shouldn’t be that hard.

This was bound to happen once he left. By the way, he didn’t “release Brady.” He offered him a handful of incentive-heavy one year deals before agreeing not to franchise Brady so he could test UFA. Then Brady took a look at the roster and who he was going to be throwing to here, and this goes back to the draft whiffs, on top of where the cap was because we were too loaded with higher priced veterans and short on cheap youth, and he left.

If it’s between Brady and BB, and we aren’t taking into account the teams during that run, Brady was probably in the area of 70% responsible while BB was in the area of 30% for this run. Don’t believe me? Reference what Bill said about players and coaches. The man himself sided with the players as being the more important pieces. The most important player on the field is...? You guessed it. The QB.

View attachment 30105

Oh please. You people made up your mind the moment he left and you’ve gotten notably more bitter as the Bucs have improved and the Patriots fell into the ****ter.

I count two posters who did that. FCB, who is perennially the worst poster here, and captain stone who, to his credit, has disagreed with BB as far back as I’ve been here (2006). If you have more people in mind, I’d be happy to hear those names and see those posts. Otherwise, this is just more hyperbole. I suppose the thread you’re thinking about is this one...

It was Tom and only Tom, one season to reset the cap/reload and BB sucks... anyone who doesn't agree it's because they hate Tom.

Same old dreck... same cheerleading nonsense.

giphy.gif

The funny thing is, I was on-board with the LaMa & CJack picks in 2006 (DeAngelo Williams was actually my first choice, but LaMa wasn't far behind; and CJack was clearly (in my view) the best available WR, ahead of Greg Jennings, when Bill executed the trade-up (of which I was also in favor)... That's the reason why, whenever I rag him for all of his lousy drafts, I never mention the 2006 one (though not using even one of his THREE 6th-round picks on FS Antoine Bethea was really feckin stupid).

It was Tom and only Tom, one season to reset the cap/reload and BB sucks... anyone who doesn't agree it's because they hate Tom.

Same old dreck... same cheerleading nonsense.

giphy.gif
You need to go back to school and take some reading comprehension classes if that’s what you got out of that post. Either that, or you need to have your IQ tested because you may be special needs. But I do thank you for proving my point for me. Any other pearls of wisdom, Matthew?

You need to go back to school and take some reading comprehension classes if that’s what you got out of that post. Either that, or you need to have your IQ tested because you may be special needs. But I do thank you for proving my point for me. Any other pearls of wisdom, Matthew?
Later in his 45-minute press conference, Brady expounded on that reality, even though he wasn’t speaking specifically about Belichick. Brady was asked why no NFL team has won consecutive Super Bowls since his Patriots did it in 2003 and 2004, and the quarterback showed that he fully recognizes that a whole lot more goes into winning Super Bowls than a quarterback making some nice passes.

“I think what makes it such a challenge is it’s hard to win one Super Bowl,” Brady said. “That just is something that, it’s difficult because it’s tough to win one Super Bowl. Every year, you know, 32 teams at it, every team can only spend the same amount of money, everyone drafts, everything’s meant to be 8-8. There’s salary caps. You just can’t go buy a football team."

No. The GM sucks.

Yes. He's wearing a Bucs uniform.

I was unaware that the NFL was a slaveholder's system where the employee doesn't decide where to work.

Later in his 45-minute press conference, Brady expounded on that reality, even though he wasn’t speaking specifically about Belichick. Brady was asked why no NFL team has won consecutive Super Bowls since his Patriots did it in 2003 and 2004, and the quarterback showed that he fully recognizes that a whole lot more goes into winning Super Bowls than a quarterback making some nice passes.

“I think what makes it such a challenge is it’s hard to win one Super Bowl,” Brady said. “That just is something that, it’s difficult because it’s tough to win one Super Bowl. Every year, you know, 32 teams at it, every team can only spend the same amount of money, everyone drafts, everything’s meant to be 8-8. There’s salary caps. You just can’t go buy a football team."
That’s cool. Literally nobody is arguing that. You’re creating a straw man. You’d also know that if you could comprehend my last post. I actually addressed this very point. And, once again, going “all in to win” and mortgaging the future/one year is a canard. He was making an excuse in response to a question about his recent drafts, and his “fanboys,” if I may borrow that term from you, have latched onto it. The team was up against the cap because they needed to fill some holes with vets due to their misses in the draft going back to 2014. The rookies they drafted at those positions didn’t pan out and they had needs. Pretty simple math, actually. Vets are more expensive than rookies. Particularly at DT and CB. Anything else while we all wait for you to find a single post where you were critical toward BB about anything?

I think you missed this Brady interview, where he tells it like it is. @TommyBrady12 and @JMC00 might also like this.

That’s cool. Literally nobody is arguing that. You’re creating a straw man. You’d also know that if you could comprehend my last post. I actually addressed this very point. And, once again, going “all in to win” and mortgaging the future/one year is a canard. He was making an excuse in response to a question about his recent drafts, and his “fanboys,” if I may borrow that term from you, have latched onto it. The team was up against the cap because they needed to fill some holes with vets due to their misses in the draft going back to 2014. The rookies they drafted at those positions didn’t pan out and they had needs. Pretty simple math, actually. Vets are more expensive than rookies. Particularly at DT and CB. Anything else while we all wait for you to find a single post where you were critical toward BB about anything?
Boy you guys say a whole lot without actually saying anything. Passive aggressive much...

Like BB should have assembled a "win now" team for Tom from 2014-2019 (which he did) while also stockpiling young talent. Undoubtedly had he stashed quality players on the practice squad, opponents would feel bad for the Pats in the midst of all this winning and not poach them or offer them free agent contracts.

So to recap, BB should have hit on 100% of his draft picks, hid them all on the practice squad and been ready when six straight years of kicking the salary cap can down the road snowballed into a tenuous situation by having a new, all drafted team for Tom to take over.

Sounds realistic... oh wait, you didn't say that. What are you saying again?

Oh yeah, a year removed from the playoffs, two from your last Super Bowl parade Bill sucks... sounds more realistic.

Boy you guys say a whole lot without actually saying anything. Passive aggressive much...

Considering the fact that I’m absolutely dominating you, this should be an early entry for saddest quote of the year on here.

Like BB should have assembled a "win now" team for Tom from 2014-2019 (which he did) while also stockpiling young talent.

No. If he stockpiled young talent, he wouldn’t have needed to max out the cap by signing more expensive vets to fill those holes. The sad fact of the matter is that, once Reese left, the early hits began to disappear. Naturally you chose to shrug off my pointing out to you that those Super Bowl teams were assembled with a core that was drafted between 2009-2013. It’s a team game right? That’s pretty much your contribution to this forum. With that in mind, do you really think think they’re getting anywhere close to sniffing those Super Bowls without that core? You won’t answer that, of course. Let’s take a look at the picks moving forward...

1. 2014 - Easley. Whiff. Made it so BB had to go out and draft Brown the very next season to fill that hole. This forced the team to sign Alan Branch. See below.

2. 2015 - Brown. Whiff. Brown was off the team by 2017 and was largely a disappointment. This, in part, forced the team to trade a 3rd and 5th for Danny Shelton (who you were very high on when he came here... LMFAO). They then re-signed him in 2019 before cutting bait.

2016 - Cyrus Jones. Whiff. This one was easy to see coming for anyone who watched Alabama in 2014 and 2015. But the Pats burned their top overall pick on him. He flamed out. It created a need at corner going into the 2017 season where they signed Gilmore. I don’t think I need to post his cap numbers.

2017 - This draft was horrific. Rivers, Garcia, Wise, and Connor McDermott. Jesus. Rivers was another top overall whiff. The Patriots turned to the skeleton of Adrian Clayborn for two years and $12M to satisfy the need at EDGE the following season because Rivers didn’t pan out.

2018 - Hard to hate this one all that much. I’ve been on record on that in the past. Would love to see Wynn stay healthy, though. Duke Dawson was a bad whiff. He wasn’t even good at Florida. That pick should have been used on D.J. Chark, since WR was a clear need. He would have helped the team immensely in 2019 as well.

2019 - Harry. To date, he has not panned out in the least. The pre-draft reports and film from ASU have looked accurate. Don’t think I need to go over this one much, since this is ground that has been covered hundreds of times here. He’s been outperformed by receivers the likes of Brown, Metcalf (who you previously said was the most overrated WR in the class prior to this season), and McLaurin (who also has had Jack **** at QB). In part, because he’s been a bust, the passing game in 2019 and 2020 was pathetic. His lack of production is also going to be a big reason why we enter 2021 with a need at WR still, and will probably have to spend big money to bring in a veteran... again. They followed that up by drafting JoeJuan Williams. For brevity’s sake, we will ignore that there were still some really good WRs on the board with actual production in a more competitive conference for a second and analyze this one from a different angle. Williams has, to date, sucked a fat one. Had to be moved from corner to safety and he still couldn’t produce. He’s a stiff. If he could contribute at S, it wouldn’t have created a need to sign Adrian Phillips in 2020 and it wouldn’t have created a need to spend our top overall pick on Dugger (who I am high on, BTW). We could have went elsewhere with that pick.

There are a ton of other examples I could give here as well, but these are the most notable. These cap hits add up when, if there wasn’t a 7 year dry spell for hitting on our top picks, we would have had rookies playing under rookie deals. Mentioning “selling out to win Super Bowls,” isn’t accurate at all. It’s merely an excuse. A red herring intended to distract from the actual question.

So to recap, BB should have hit on 100% of his draft picks, hid them all on the practice squad and been ready when six straight years of kicking the salary cap can down the road snowballed into a tenuous situation by having a new, all drafted team for Tom to take over.

Way off. Nobody whatsoever is arguing that. That’s yet another Matt Chatham/Wozzy straw man. Nobody hits on 100% of their picks. That shouldn’t be expected. But going on a 7-year dry spell in between hitting on your top overall picks, the supposed cream of the crop, shouldn’t be expected either.

Sounds realistic... oh wait, you didn't say that. What are you saying again?

If you had any reading comprehension abilities, you’d know by now. Maybe I should include a nursery rhyme playing in the background with some bright, flashing lights on my next post to better help you pay attention and, thus, increase understanding?

Oh yeah, a year removed from the playoffs, two from your last Super Bowl parade Bill sucks... sounds more realistic.

I’ve never said Bill sucks, so that’s yet another straw man you’re pulling out of your ass. You’re doing that because you’re getting smacked. In fact, it’s quite the contrary. I’ve called Bill the GOAT HC, even after this season. I’ve said I have faith in him rebuilding the roster. Multiple times. My contention is that Bill is a mixed bag, at best, as a GM and that is why we are in the position we are today. How you’re confusing that with “Bill sucks” and “Bill needs to hit on 100% of his draft picks” and “Tom Brady was 100% responsible for the success of this organization,” even AFTER I gave you percentages in a previous post, is beyond me. Usually, I’d just quit responding to you and let you be stupid in a thread on your own. But then, you’ve never gone the name calling route until now. So now, I figured I’d embarrass you a little bit. It’s easy work since you don’t have much of a grasp on the game. Nor do you have a stance that’s even remotely defensible.

Considering the fact that I’m absolutely dominating you, this should be an early entry for saddest quote of the year on here.

No. If he stockpiled young talent, he wouldn’t have needed to max out the cap by signing more expensive vets to fill those holes. The sad fact of the matter is that, once Reese left, the early hits began to disappear. Naturally you chose to shrug off my pointing out to you that those Super Bowl teams were assembled with a core that was drafted between 2009-2013. It’s a team game right? That’s pretty much your contribution to this forum. With that in mind, do you really think think they’re getting anywhere close to sniffing those Super Bowls without that core? You won’t answer that, of course. Let’s take a look at the picks moving forward...

1. 2014 - Easley. Whiff. Made it so BB had to go out and draft Brown the very next season to fill that hole. This forced the team to sign Alan Branch. See below.

2. 2015 - Brown. Whiff. Brown was off the team by 2017 and was largely a disappointment. This, in part, forced the team to trade a 3rd and 5th for Danny Shelton (who you were very high on when he came here... LMFAO). They then re-signed him in 2019 before cutting bait.

2016 - Cyrus Jones. Whiff. This one was easy to see coming for anyone who watched Alabama in 2014 and 2015. But the Pats burned their top overall pick on him. He flamed out. It created a need at corner going into the 2017 season where they signed Gilmore. I don’t think I need to post his cap numbers.

2017 - This draft was horrific. Rivers, Garcia, Wise, and Connor McDermott. Jesus. Rivers was another top overall whiff. The Patriots turned to the skeleton of Adrian Clayborn for two years and $12M to satisfy the need at EDGE the following season because Rivers didn’t pan out.

2018 - Hard to hate this one all that much. I’ve been on record on that in the past. Would love to see Wynn stay healthy, though. Duke Dawson was a bad whiff. He wasn’t even good at Florida. That pick should have been used on D.J. Chark, since WR was a clear need. He would have helped the team immensely in 2019 as well.

2019 - Harry. To date, he has not panned out in the least. The pre-draft reports and film from ASU have looked accurate. Don’t think I need to go over this one much, since this is ground that has been covered hundreds of times here. He’s been outperformed by receivers the likes of Brown, Metcalf (who you previously said was the most overrated WR in the class prior to this season), and McLaurin (who also has had Jack **** at QB). In part, because he’s been a bust, the passing game in 2019 and 2020 was pathetic. His lack of production is also going to be a big reason why we enter 2021 with a need at WR still, and will probably have to spend big money to bring in a veteran... again. They followed that up by drafting JoeJuan Williams. For brevity’s sake, we will ignore that there were still some really good WRs on the board with actual production in a more competitive conference for a second and analyze this one from a different angle. Williams has, to date, sucked a fat one. Had to be moved from corner to safety and he still couldn’t produce. He’s a stiff. If he could contribute at S, it wouldn’t have created a need to sign Adrian Phillips in 2020 and it wouldn’t have created a need to spend our top overall pick on Dugger (who I am high on, BTW). We could have went elsewhere with that pick.

There are a ton of other examples I could give here as well, but these are the most notable. These cap hits add up when, if there wasn’t a 7 year dry spell for hitting on our top picks, we would have had rookies playing under rookie deals. Mentioning “selling out to win Super Bowls,” isn’t accurate at all. It’s merely an excuse. A red herring intended to distract from the actual question.

Way off. Nobody whatsoever is arguing that. That’s yet another Matt Chatham/Wozzy straw man. Nobody hits on 100% of their picks. That shouldn’t be expected. But going on a 7-year dry spell in between hitting on your top overall picks, the supposed cream of the crop, shouldn’t be expected either.

If you had any reading comprehension abilities, you’d know by now. Maybe I should include a nursery rhyme playing in the background with some bright, flashing lights on my next post to better help you pay attention and, thus, increase understanding?

I’ve never said Bill sucks, so that’s yet another straw man you’re pulling out of your ass. You’re doing that because you’re getting smacked. In fact, it’s quite the contrary. I’ve called Bill the GOAT HC, even after this season. I’ve said I have faith in him rebuilding the roster. Multiple times. My contention is that Bill is a mixed bag, at best, as a GM and that is why we are in the position we are today. How you’re confusing that with “Bill sucks” and “Bill needs to hit on 100% of his draft picks” and “Tom Brady was 100% responsible for the success of this organization,” even AFTER I gave you percentages in a previous post, is beyond me. Usually, I’d just quit responding to you and let you be stupid in a thread on your own. But then, you’ve never gone the name calling route until now. So now, I figured I’d embarrass you a little bit. It’s easy work since you don’t have much of a grasp on the game. Nor do you have a stance that’s even remotely defensible.

So ever since Tom left... Kraft sucks, Bill sucks, the assistant coaches suck and every young player on the roster sucks. But you want to couch this by saying you love Bill and wouldn’t want anyone else to rebuild the team.

Got it... this is a shade above where we were from 2001-2019 where everybody except Brady sucked, but he willed us to Super Bowl victories anyway. Break out your pom poms.

The draft is a crapshoot, but you’re really good years later in telling us who Bill should have drafted instead. If only he was as good at you at seeing into the future he could hit on 100% of his draft picks. Also young players who are just now starting out don’t necessarily “suck” and good players in the past don’t suddenly suck simply because you say so.

Like “Malcolm Brown was a bust,” the guy started on 3 Super Bowl rosters in his first four years, he’s starting on one of the best defenses in the league the last two years in New Orleans... and he’s a bust. If it isn’t QB or weapons winning you super bowls, it’s a bust. Yeah, you really have grasp on the game... of fantasy football.

This all sounds reasonable... like you repeating fanciful winsome phrases like “I’m absolutely dominating you” and somehow that makes it true lol. You lead a rich fantasy life.

Last edited:
So ever since Tom left... Kraft sucks, Bill sucks, the assistant coaches suck and every young player on the roster sucks. But you want to couch this by saying you love Bill and wouldn’t want anyone else to rebuild the team.

Way off. As usual. You’re welcome to find posts where I’ve said Kraft sucks, Bill sucks, and the assistant coaches suck if you want to buttress that straw man a bit. But you won’t. Because I’ve never said any of that. The worst I’ve said about Bill is that he’s the GOAT HC and a mixed bag at best as GM. I then followed that up by throwing a lot of the blame at who is in his ear - Caserio. Now there’s one guy I’ve said sucks. But he’s in Houston now, so no need to hate on him.

Got it...

You don’t have anything. You’re inventing a counter argument to an argument that never happened. You’re so far off that I’m actually beginning to wonder if you’re drunk when you make these posts.

this is a shade above where we were from 2001-2019 where everybody except Brady sucked, but he willed us to Super Bowl victories anyway. Break out your pom poms.

Yeah, absolutely nobody has made this argument either. While we’re on the Pom Pom debate, you really can’t find a single post where you’ve been critical about BB, can you?

The draft is a crapshoot, but you’re really good years later in telling us who Bill should have drafted instead.

Said it at the time, too. The draft forum exists, Chatham. For example, I had Trautman and Harrison Bryant as my top TEs in the most recent draft... one that was thin on top-end talent at the position. Both outperformed Asiasi and Keene this year, even when healthy.

If only he was as good at you at seeing into the future he could hit on 100% of his draft picks.

You’re proving my point here that it’s literally impossible for you to say anything remotely critical about Bill.

Also young players who are just now starting out don’t necessarily “suck” and good players in the past don’t suddenly suck simply because you say so.

Like “Malcolm Brown was a bust,” the guy started on 3 Super Bowl rosters in his first four years, he’s starting on one of the best defenses in the league the last two years in New Orleans... and he’s a bust.

So what? Jordan Richards started on a Super Bowl roster and he’s trash. Tim Wright, Hooman, Tavon Wilson, Matt Lengel, Geneo Grissom, and Derek Rivers all started or saw playing time on Super Bowl rosters in the most recent dynasty. You going to argue those were all good football players? Brown is no longer on the team. He’s no longer on the team for good reason. The team clearly had hopes for him as the 3-tech of the future here, and he didn’t pan out. So yeah, he was a bust.

If it isn’t QB or weapons winning you super bowls, it’s a bust. Yeah, you really have grasp on the game... of fantasy football.

You’re building a straw man off of another straw man here. As for my grasp on football? Clearly. Like I said, I’ve forgotten more about the game than you know. You don’t have a grasp on it. At all. That’s why your contributions are limited to “it’s a team sport” on top of various logical fallacies to support... whatever point it is that you’re trying to make. You clearly have no clue what you’re looking at, and now I’m starting to seriously wonder if you even have a grasp on reality.

This all sounds reasonable... like you repeating fanciful winsome phrases like “I’m absolutely dominating you” and somehow that makes it true lol. You lead a rich fantasy life.

I don’t need to lead a fantasy life. My life is rewarding enough as is. I’m just telling you the God’s honest truth. You know, on the other side of your computer, that you’re getting smoked like a blunt between Snoop Dogg’s fingers, too. Why you’re still trying here is anyone’s guess. But as far as my life goes, I’m happy. At least I’m not a burner account for some bald, out of shape, local nobody on the national scene, yahoo who was a JAG at best. I mean, it’s either that, or you’re trying to be like Chatham. Frankly, I don’t know which of the two is more sad.

No he didn't.

When the team started to send the message they were looking to the future he stopped showing up to OTAs and working with WRs, complaining to Jim Gray, complaining to the media, saying his was miserable, etc.

Don't even say he handled it well. He didn't.
After years of taking mountains of sheet and not saying a word. He did a lot better than 99% of NFL players would have. Look at guys like Wentz and Rodgers, for example, who just start whining like a baby the second things don't go their way.

After years of taking mountains of sheet and not saying a word. He did a lot better than 99% of NFL players would have. Look at guys like Wentz and Rodgers, for example, who just start whining like a baby the second things don't go their way.
What sheet did Brady take?

Fans pretend he was this indentured surf for 20 years.

He had a great owner. He had a great coach. He made $240m. He went to 9 SBs. He won a ton of games.

Please.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back