PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Brady Proved on Sunday the Patriots Gave Up On Him Too Soon

The only reason that Brady isn’t on this team is Bill’s ego. He can’t stand not being the reason this team wins. The guy treated Brady like he was a JAG but when critics came toward him, it turned into the excuses train. I can’t imagine how Brady would be treated here if he had made the same excuses as Bill.

Bill is the best coach ever but I can’t stand the guy. He is arrogant, full of himself. I don’t like the show he puts on the sideline breaking phones, tablet etc...
Doubt it has much to do with Bill's ego. And Brady's ego is just as large as Bill's.

I just wish we could re-play things on different timelines. I guarantee if Brady stayed and performed terribly (as he would with zero weapons), fans would either be bashing BB for not letting Brady go or bashing him for not signing receivers with his very limited cap space.

Either way, Belichick will have been bashed and be the sole reason (in fans minds) why the team had its first losing season in 20 years. Fans expect him to make the SB every single year or it's a failure.

Oh wow, Pats fans are the new Yankees fans

I’m sorry, I was over top earlier but I am just angry. I became a pats fan because of Brady and I was disappointed that, in my mind and it’s just my opinion, Bill pushed him to leave for self interest and not for the interest of the team.

Bill has maybe 3-5 years left in my opinion and I am kind in a place where I wish Kraft would have let Bill go. Not because of the Brady situation but I kinda want to close the book of the last 20 unbelievable years and start something new, something different.

I think until Bill leave we will still be kind of stuck in the past and always come back to those debate Brady vs Bill, that I found stupid, but it’s like a drug, I can’t stop getting into it. I personally won’t be able to move on until Bill leave if it makes sense

Last edited:
I’m sorry, I was over top earlier but I am just angry. I became a pats fan because of Brady and I was disappointed that, in my mind and it’s just my opinion, Bill pushed him to leave for self interest and not for the interest of the team.

Bill has maybe 3-5 years left in my opinion and I am kind in a place where I wish Kraft would have let Bill go. Not because of the Brady situation but I kinda want to close the book of the last 20 unbelievable years and start something new, something different.

I think until Bill leave we will still be kind of stuck in the past and always come back to those debate Brady vs Bill, that I found stupid, but it’s like a drug, I can’t stop getting into it. I personally won’t be able to move on until Bill leave if it makes sense
If losing Brady was a downgrade, losing both Brady and Bill won't exactly change that to an upgrade.

Brady was selling off assets (his home).

He had to be talked into staying after the SB loss to the Eagles.

He absolutely was leaving, so get TF over it.
Can't say I blame him. 20 years of playing under BB has to be a grind.

The part where some of you "fans" couldn't wait to dump on BB after 1 losing season in 20 years is the only part that bothers me about the whole divorce.
They came into the season with little to no cap room and got relief from the Hernandez and Brown settlements....DURING THE SEASON.
Cap room discussions are revisionist history.

Welcome to rebuilding seasons (as stated by BB himself). It happens. We have been extremely lucky and blessed up to now to root for a team that has been able to sustain excellence for such a long period. This was due to the GOAT QB and a coach/GM that has the rare ability to rebuild on the fly in a league that tried to force parity down the Pats throats with bunk punishments and trumped up allegations.

I was wondering what it would look like when the Pats finally had a losing season. Now I know.
I hope some of you bolt to greener pastures. The herd could use a little thinning.

If losing Brady was a downgrade, losing both Brady and Bill won't exactly change that to an upgrade.

My point was not about upgrade or downgrade. Just that I kinda want to close the Bill, Brady era and start a new era. I want something different, I’m kinda over the grumpy Bill charade and I want some new blood.

It has nothing to do with results

My point was not about upgrade or downgrade. Just that I kinda want to close the Bill, Brady era and start a new era. I want something different, I’m kinda over the grumpy Bill charade and I want some new blood.

It has nothing to do with results
Fair enough. Sometimes change can be good and starting with young fresh thinking - a guy like McVay - who could relate better to younger players. That's what happened I think to Coughlin in NY.

Bill will not get fired, he will be offered a job in the org when it's time to move on like Coughlin was.

I don't think we're there yet. Bill has to try to rebuild this team first.

he part where some of you "fans" couldn't wait to dump on BB after 1 losing season in 20 years is the only part that bothers me about the whole divorce.
They came into the season with little to no cap room and got relief from the Hernandez and Brown settlements....DURING THE SEASON.
Cap room discussions are revisionist history.

Welcome to rebuilding seasons (as stated by BB himself). It happens. We have been extremely lucky and blessed up to now to root for a team that has been able to sustain excellence for such a long period. This was due to the GOAT QB and a coach/GM that has the rare ability to rebuild on the fly in a league that tried to force parity down the Pats throats with bunk punishments and trumped up allegations.
It’s always the same debate! Bill is the GM is is responsible of the cap! If they didn’t have enough cap it’s Bill fault.

You can’t use the cap to try to absolve Bill for the situation they were in.

Fair enough. Sometimes change can be good and starting with young fresh thinking - a guy like McVay - who could relate better to younger players. That's what happened I think to Coughlin in NY.

Bill will not get fired, he will be offered a job in the org when it's time to move on like Coughlin was.

I don't think we're there yet. Bill has to try to rebuild this team first.
Agree 100%

I'm one of the biggest BB apologists/butt-smoochers on this board and even I think he has 2 years max to get this team back on top of the division.

LMAOOOOOOOO This guy who would rather the team be screwed for decades like the saints are about to be when Bree's 50 million dollar cap hit comes due, rather then have one mediocre year to clear a QB that had no interest in being here off the cap.\

go join the tamp forum guy, i bet they will love hearing about how it was worth it 5 years from now
Your point is beyond idiotic because Tom Brady isn’t Drew Brees.

He’s Tom Brady. A once in a lifetime Quarterback who continues to defy reality and just brought a former 7-9 joke of a team into the Super Bowl in one season that had restrictions and chaos.

No one gives a sh*t about five years from now. Especially when it’s an outlier generational talent and there was literally no succession plan in place at Quarterback, as just displayed to you this past season.

Just admit you backed the wrong side and bet just as wrong as Belichick did. Everything your saying is pure fluff to help tug on Bill’s balls and devoid of reality.

Last edited:
Brady was selling off assets (his home).

He had to be talked into staying after the SB loss to the Eagles.
He has every right to be pissed about SB 52. He puts on a record-setting performance and they still lose the game b/c Bill wanted to make some point.

I just wish we could re-play things on different timelines. I guarantee if Brady stayed and performed terribly (as he would with zero weapons), fans would either be bashing BB for not letting Brady go or bashing him for not signing receivers with his very limited cap space.

Either way, Belichick will have been bashed and be the sole reason (in fans minds) why the team had its first losing season in 20 years. Fans expect him to make the SB every single year or it's a failure.

Oh wow, Pats fans are the new Yankees fans
Well put it this way, since we got this timeline, we now know that those fans would have been wrong and that Brady's performance last year was driven by lack of talent on the team and a hypothetical bad performance this year would have been for the same reason. The man responsible for that... the GM.

The only reason that Brady isn’t on this team is Bill’s ego. He can’t stand not being the reason this team wins. The guy treated Brady like he was a JAG but when critics came toward him, it turned into the excuses train. I can’t imagine how Brady would be treated here if he had made the same excuses as Bill.

Bill is the best coach ever but I can’t stand the guy. He is arrogant, full of himself. I don’t like the show he puts on the sideline breaking phones, tablet etc...
I got it you don't like Belichick, but you love Brady. Brady was/is a spoiled baby. He took his ball and left because he couldn't get an agreement regarding his requests from the Ownership, GM, and Coaches.

Your point is beyond idiotic because Tom Brady isn’t Drew Brees.

He’s Tom Brady. A once in a lifetime Quarterback who continues to defy reality and just brought a former 7-9 joke of a team into the Super Bowl in one season that had restrictions and chaos.

No one gives a sh*t about five years from now. Especially when it’s an outlier generational talent and there was literally no succession plan in place at Quarterback, as just displayed to you this past season.

Just admit you backed the wrong side and bet just as wrong as Belichick did. Everything your saying is pure fluff to help tug on Bill’s balls and devoid of reality.

Guys i found the addict. The one that want's his fix regardless that its not worth it, and isn't going to fix the problem.

Brady didn't want to be here, there was no way he was going to stay

Even if he wanted to stay, the patriots couldn't afford him

Even if the patriots cooked the books and ****ed over the future to afford him, they didn't have weapons he complained about for the entire last season he was here.

"but but but tom is the greatest of all time, he would have found a way to get it done"

You're right he did find a way, he found it in the Lebron book of getting a title, Find a stacked team, and join them. Brady went to a team with two all pro recievers, and then convinced that team to shell out for antonio "Mr bigchest, watch me throw furniture out a 25 story apartment window with people walking below" brown. then Gronk decided to unretire, then a bunch of other players joined up for basically nothing.

If the probowl team that the bucs turned into loses, i will legit laugh my ass off.

Cue the next numbnut with zero understanding of the salary cap... I literally get dumber reading this cheerleading tripe.
It's not a steep fall.

Brady doesn’t play defense. What Tom did is not lead the NFL in turnovers like Jameis Winston did, he didn’t throw a ton of pick sixes and fumble balls that were taken back to the house.

Another thing that improved from last year is they drafted and were playing two rookie corners, this year those two are vastly improved and they added a good rookie safety.

It’s a TEAM game, Tom has provided a complementary aspect to the offense, but the defense is one of the best in the league.
Brady has led his new team to the Super Bowl year one. His teammates and the head coach are openly crediting Brady for their success and turnaround from last year.

Complementary aspect? Their pass offense ranked 2nd in the NFL. Their run offense ranked 28th. Their run defense was tops in the NFL but their pass defense ranked 21st. Their secondary can be had by an above average passing game. Kansas City has the NFL's top ranked pass offense and the best quarterback in the league. Tampa Bay is going to need an extraordinary performance from Brady and the offense to beat KC in the Super Bowl.

In their current 7-game winning streak, Brady has 20 TD's, 4 INT's and he's averaging 313 passing yards per game. That's more than just complimentary.

Guys i found the addict. The one that want's his fix regardless that its not worth it, and isn't going to fix the problem.

Brady didn't want to be here, there was no way he was going to stay

Even if he wanted to stay, the patriots couldn't afford him

Even if the patriots cooked the books and ****ed over the future to afford him, they didn't have weapons he complained about for the entire last season he was here.

"but but but tom is the greatest of all time, he would have found a way to get it done"

You're right he did find a way, he found it in the Lebron book of getting a title, Find a stacked team, and join them. Brady went to a team with two all pro recievers, and then convinced that team to shell out for antonio "Mr bigchest, watch me throw furniture out a 25 story apartment window with people walking below" brown. then Gronk decided to unretire, then a bunch of other players joined up for basically nothing.

If the probowl team that the bucs turned into loses, i will legit laugh my ass off.
Who are you trying to convince pal, me or yourself? The Brady vs. Belichick debate is over and your side lost. Your insistent nonsensical ball-washing that's detached from reality isn't doing anything to sway me to your side.

You bet wrong and look beyond foolish crying about cap space and how players are drawn to play with the best quarterback to ever play the game of football. No sh*t players wanted to play with Brady. They've been doing it for years and you've seen a first hand account of that here in Foxboro during Tom's 20 year tenure.

The fact that you continue to disregarded the reality that the Brady situation was years in the making and not a one season failure by Bill is beyond sad, not to mention that your entire defense is just repackaging the excuses Belichick made on WEEI months ago, making your posts even more hilarious and pathetic.

For the final time, and try to read slow since I know you Belichick honks are a bunch of boomers with cataracts: it was years of poor drafting, poor trading, poor free agency decisions and playing years of hardball with Tom, as I and many others have pointed out ad nauseam throughout these last ten months. Brady himself hid many of these deficiencies that are now glaringly exposed.

Accept and admit that the guy you backed in all of this is human and made several poor decisions that led to Brady's departure, which is now crystal clear and non-debatable that it was the wrong move, especially without any form of a succession plan in place at QB, an issue that we'll now take into a second full season, when the player your whining about only wanted two more years anyway....

Take Belichick's balls out of your mouth for a few minutes and take a deep breath. It'll be okay.

Last edited:

The Bucs have 1 pro bowler. On defense. So you can dial back that hyperbolic take.

If Brady and the Bucs lost to beLichick and the Patriots, well then, that would be comically bad. But it just so happens they're actually playing a good team that certainly is capable of beating them.

The "stacked" team had a losing record last year. Or you just don't bother with the facts?

Gronk was traded by beLichick to the Bucs. Or did you forget that too?

I guess your point about Antonio Brown is something along the lines of the Bucs organization must be foolish enough to sign him. Can we talk about how the Patriots organization f*cked themselves over royally with their own signing of AB first? Or are you just sticking with unfounded remarks to discredit Brady?

No, I am saying that the only reason that he won that particular game was because his defense bailed him out after throwing picks on three straight possessions. He has played well this year, but Sunday wasn't exactly a clinic. The TD before the half is on GB's coordinator. The defense they put on the field for that play guaranteed a TD. Lombardi was ripping Pettine a new a-hole for his game plan.

I am all in on TB for this Super Bowl, I am just trying to look at things objectively.
Tom threw touchdowns and the defense stopped Rodgers. Everybody did their job, nobody “bailed” anyone out.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back