PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Never give this guy a job as an NFL scout (Nkeal Harry evaluation)

Sure. It's also hard to argue with those films, which means that maybe some of the folks here who think so-and-so will be all world and we should move up in the first to get him should also be taken with a grain of salt.

I just want to know where the hell that kid on the films went. I know the competition is much better in the NFL, but damn, where is that guy?

Oof. It looks like an even bigger miss since he includes comparisons with AJ Brown and DK Metcalf.

Regards,
Chris

Sure. It's also hard to argue with those films, which means that maybe some of the folks here who think so-and-so will be all world and we should move up in the first to get him should also be taken with a grain of salt.

I just want to know where the hell that kid on the films went. I know the competition is much better in the NFL, but damn, where is that guy?
He’s pretty easy to find on social media most of the time. He’s just hard to find on the field because the ball rarely goes in his direction and, when it does, there’s usually a defender in the frame as well

The film is what I was excited about too. It was pretty clear he wasn't much in the way of separation, but he got the ball in his hands and made plays. He could box out a CB with his frame.

For one reason or another, hardly any of it translated. I don't think anyone expected 1k yards a year from this dude, but he looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.

Herm Edwards raved about Harry too..

Last edited:
The film is what I was excited about too. It was pretty clear he wasn't much in the way of separation, but he got the ball in his hands and made plays. He could box out a CB with his frame.

For one reason or another, hardly any of it translated. I don't think anyone expected 1k yards a year from this dude, but he looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.
He broke the ankles of a couple of corners on those clips.

Harry hasn't shown it yet, but there's something there. Undeniably so. I'm not surprised some teams are inquiring about him.

Be honest: how many people here would be watching clips like that and saying "yes, please," if they were of a receiver coming out in this year's draft?

No separation is fine if you can use your size and length to body cornerbacks and make catches. Gronkowski did that all the time. So did guys like anquan bolden or dez bryant. Just went up and got the ball.

Harry's problem is he gets bulled by 5 9' cornerbacks and doesn't fight at all for the ball. Gives up at the first sign of physicality.

Got it. BANISH Josh McDaniels from the war room. NKeal Harry, Sony Michel, Sanu, Tim Tebow, Chad Jackson, Laurence Maroney.

Ease up on Sony. He has a bum knee, but he was solid his rookie year and contributed to our sb win that year. He seems decent in pass protection and I can't remember him ever losing a fumble. Yes we want more but it is unfair to lump him with those failures.

I believe Jonu Smith is what we were hoping to get out of Harry but instead we got this sluggish dude who honestly is way too laid back. He needs to become quicker or demand jump balls because his football career seems to be on the line if he just sits back and repeats previous seasons.

No separation is fine if you can use your size and length to body cornerbacks and make catches. Gronkowski did that all the time. So did guys like anquan bolden or dez bryant. Just went up and got the ball.

Harry's problem is he gets bulled by 5 9' cornerbacks and doesn't fight at all for the ball. Gives up at the first sign of physicality.
Nonsense.

Spend ten minutes of your life and watch:

Then tell us how you justify "doesn't fight at all for the ball".

Or watch just one play:

The 5' 9" cornerback gets bullied, not Harry.

He's a young guy and improved a lot in year 2, hopefully he keeps getting better in year 3.

Seriously, people gotta give up their butt hurt about draft position.

Once the guy is on your team it doesn't matter what his draft position was, it's sunk cost.

Last edited:
Nonsense.

Spend ten minutes of your life and watch:

Then tell us how you justify "doesn't fight at all for the ball".

Or watch just one play:

The 5' 9" cornerback gets bullied, not Harry.

He's a young guy and improved a lot in year 2, hopefully he keeps getting better in year 3.

Seriously, people gotta give up their butt hurt about draft position.

Once the guy is on your team it doesn't matter what his draft position was, it's sunk cost.

These examples are honestly pathetic. 55% catch rate is league terrible and 9 yards a catch is terrible among wide receivers and tight ends. NKeal Harry is a total disaster bust. If you talk about sunk cost he should be cut if one ignores he was a 1st round pick. There is zero role to give him snaps now over Agholor, Meyers, Bourne, Smith, Henry, Harris, Edelman.

While I was surprised Harry was the 2nd WR off of the board, I wasn't up in arms saying "we should've drafted x". However, I did think Bill was going to roll the dice on Metcalf.

"Speed/Separation" was pretty much the consensus concern with Harry, but I wasn't going to buy into it as there's been plenty of WR's that have that same "issue" and have done well. In fact, Harry looked like a guy that consistently won jump balls which this team needed.

He unfortunately was a bad pick.

************ this is THE most important thing an NFL WR needs to do. Need to be quick off the line. Full stop.

Pretty much the only quibble I have with Harry’s route running is the fact that at times his releases off the line of scrimmage took way too long. Chopping your feet for five seconds is cute in 7-on-7 when there is no pass rush, but in a real game the ball needs to come out faster than that. That means receivers need to get their butts up the field and into their route faster than that, too.

I hope Wal-Mart is hiring.....

That was the one thing that worried me, its easier to overpower college corners, but he could not run away from them. Any highlight I saw was not him beating the defense by 2 yards making catches, it was always him having to out physical a defender. That either works at the next level or it doesnt, and if it does then you figured out how to run great routes.

Yeah as really think that if you think you worked over in the college but it may not add up to the pros. As really he did make the plays and when it counted there

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back