PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NESN: Larry Fitzgerald could be available via trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam scheftner tweeted fitz is part of the process of picking the next QB for Arizona.

Bottom line - he is not leaving

He might not leave this season. But I can almost gaurentee u the Pats will snatch him so quick in 2012.

Adam scheftner tweeted fitz is part of the process of picking the next QB for Arizona.

Bottom line - he is not leaving

Posturing!
That is like BB asking Brady what FA WR he would like or trade for.
Same thing.

Also ups the anti if the Cards say....See he really wants to stay but what ya got?
DW Toys

Last edited:
Report: Fitz gave Cards a list of QBs he wants - CBSSports.com

Larry Fitzgerald is heading into the final year of his contract and he's made it clear that he wants to stay in Arizona. If they give him a lot of money. And if they get him a quarterback who will help the team win.

He's reportedly gotten even more specific, too, naming Kevin Kolb and Marc Bulger as guys he wants in Phoenix, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Kolb is apparently Fitz' top choice, but the most glaring part of the report is the lack of Derek Anderson, Max Hall, John Skelton and Donovan McNabb on the list.

Either way, though, the Cardinals would be heavily catering to a single player's demands and still leaving themselves open to a nightmare situation if either Bulger (he is old) or Kolb (he is still somewhat unproven) didn't work out in 2011.

Posturing and "we'll snap him up in 2012"..

PSST.. I have an iceburg to sell u..

Fitz is doomed in Arizona, DOOMED. He'll never be dealt, he's the face of the franchise. You can always 'say' anyone is available via trade.

I would give up a first and second for Fitz. Then use the other first on the best pass rusher available. The rest of the picks use on defensive/offensive linemen.

Larry Fitzgerald......

There's a clause in Fitzgerald's contract that states he can not be franchised. His contract expires in 2011. What would it take for Pats to get him with cap space, potential draft picks etc ?
With Pats priorities in other areas, IMO I feel that Fitz would be HUGE for Pats offense. Brady needs to have that deep threat for Dbs to contend with. It'll make life easier for our receivers to get open and not be so predictable.

Thoughts?

Re: Larry Fitzgerald......

while fitzgerald is a great WR and would help the pats, he is not your prototypical 'deep threat'

the guy has had many long plays, but almost all of them are yards after catch........he's not typically been the guy the cardinals send deep down the field

I would take him nonetheless.......I would give up as much as a 1 and a 2 to get him.....sure the oney will be big, but this is an instance of being worth it

On the one hand it is a very appealing idea. On the other hand I remember Brady trying to force the ball to Moss too often when another receiver was open.

Overall, I'd rather have solid receivers who may not be world beaters, and spend the extra money on a dominating defense. (I know it's not an either/or thing, and I know doing it is much harder than saying you want to do it. I'd just prefer to see the majority of free agency money and draft picks go towards the D at this juncture.)

On the one hand it is a very appealing idea. On the other hand I remember Brady trying to force the ball to Moss too often when another receiver was open.

Overall, I'd rather have solid receivers who may not be world beaters, and spend the extra money on a dominating defense. (I know it's not an either/or thing, and I know doing it is much harder than saying you want to do it. I'd just prefer to see the majority of free agency money and draft picks go towards the D at this juncture.)

spending money on defense has not worked well for the pats in the past and has worked much better on offense......especially at WR.....

spending money on defense has not worked well for the pats in the past and has worked much better on offense......especially at WR.....

im Guessing your talking about AD thats one guy on defense in the last 11 years i cant call that a fail its not like they were spending like the redskins on defense

imagine brady and fitz together. thatd be dirtttttttttttyyyyy

5% chance he comes here. Wayyy too much $$

Why bring Fitzgerald to NE when Randy Moss will be available??? :)

I wouldn't be against Fitzgerald joining the team. He is one of my favorite WRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes