PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Need a bruising RB... But who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Doug Martin if he gets released?

T-Rex will be the main guy considering his contract. He's on a one year deal so it makes sense to draft a bigger RB early in the draft (3rd round?) to back him up and groom for the future.

don't need a bruiser, T-rex will do just fine

I've watched him but not enough to know. Can he really lower his head and get the extra couple of tough yards in short situations? Because if so I wouldn't be surprised if they just stick with him, White and Lewis.

I'm still wondering how severe that injury was for poor Lewis right at the end of that game, got swept under the rug obviously but that could be a concern going forward.

Maybe Doug Martin if he gets released?
Knew that was a dumb contract second it was signed. 2 bad years, 2 good years. Naaah. Bucs are dumb for doing that. If he's a free agent of course and comes cheap that's a different story.

Blount at vet min and a rookie bruiser makes sense - covering all bases is what 2017 seems to be all about.

Blount ability to cross the goal line or pick up key first downs was huge last year, no reason not too bring him back IMHO.

This team is deep at just about every position especially the most important position - QB.

If they're gonna burn a pick on a back, Samaje Perrine or James Connor is my vote.
(But I am a firm believer in Burkhead, he's being undervalued by many, and I'm gonna relish the doubters eating their words)

Last edited:
Blount at vet min and a rookie bruiser makes sense - covering all bases is what 2017 seems to be all about.

Blount ability to cross the goal line or pick up key first downs was huge last year, no reason not too bring him back IMHO.

This team is deep at just about every position especially the most important position - QB.

Watching how Blount would not go down during the AFC game carrying 4/5 steelers is why I think Rex cannot do...

Atlanta doesn't have a big bruising RB and that is plenty effective.

It is nice to have one but not needed.

i'd like Blount back, but dunno if that will happen..

James White. :)

Seriously, he had two goal line runs for scores in the Super Bowl. The two point conversion, and the game-winning TD where he broke two tackles.

Otherwise, I'd use a later pick on a guy who can be a hammer, and then they're all set.

Blount just had a great year. He's certainly worth another go. Should we keep our eyes open for a younger possible successor: of course! But that need will have to take its place among all the other needs. We're not gonna have the perfect player AND the perfect backup/successor at every position. (We will at QB, of course, with JG in the house, but that's the golden exception. Ain't we lucky?)

************! Blount is not the key to this offense!
This "gotta have a banger over 240", stuff is comical. Get a damn grip already! If BB deemed him a necessity we certainly have the cap space, that it would have been done already. Good god.

************! Blount is not the key to this offense!
This "gotta have a banger over 240, stuff is comical. Get a damn grip already! If BB deemed him a necessity we certainly have the cap space, that it would have been done already. Good god.
You talkin' to me?
You talkin' to me?
You talkin' to me?

I do a helluva Bickle, eh?

The guy had ONE season over 200 carries, that was his rookie season. Since then he hasn't come close since last year when he ran out of gas. Yet everyone questions Burkhead's ability to carry the load. It's ridiculous.
I guess Blount is a 10 year late bloomer.:rolleyes:

Blount just had a great year. He's certainly worth another go. Should we keep our eyes open for a younger possible successor: of course! But that need will have to take its place among all the other needs. We're not gonna have the perfect player AND the perfect backup/successor at every position. (We will at QB, of course, with JG in the house, but that's the golden exception. Ain't we lucky?)

Blount's season was more a product of a much improved o-line. I continue to get disappointed in him in the playoffs unless it's against the colts or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft