PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ndamukong Suh: In my opinion, we eliminated Julian Edelman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate to the max here. Don't hate me because I do not really believe this but...

It felt like the Pats shut down Cooks yesterday. However, looking at the stats Cooks had a big game. I wonder if Suh is thinking the same about Edelman.

Also I hate Suh and think he's an overly-violent idiot.

Thanks for pointing that out. I wondered who that was, no handshakes no comments to your teammates. Just put your head down and run for the tunnel like a little child. Classless to the bitter end.

Hey, be thankful he didn't stomp on anyone on the way out. Baby steps......

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate to the max here. Don't hate me because I do not really believe this but...

It felt like the Pats shut down Cooks yesterday. However, looking at the stats Cooks had a big game. I wonder if Suh is thinking the same about Edelman.

Take away garbage time and Cooks' stats don't look like Edelman.

I think what he meant was Edelman obliterated Talib.

so?

Part of the defensive plan of the rams allowed Edelman to be open a lot. The patriots had that situation all night. With 10 minutes left, Edelman had lots of yards. HOWEVER, the score was 3-3. The defensive plan of the rams was working very well indeed.

As has been pointed out, replace "Edelman" with "Cooks" and it is indeed true that Cooks had lots of yards, and YET, the defensive of plan of the patriots was working very well indeed.

At the turning point in the game (10 minutes left), both Edelman and Cooks had yards, but nothing that had any real effect on the outcome of the game.

What a butthole this guy is....not very bright if you don’t realize that Edelman had great numbers last night....was actually open ALOT more but Brady didn’t see him.....

SUH=DUH!!!!!

Take away garbage time and Cooks' stats don't look like Edelman.
Point well taken. However, the point is that Edelman had lots of yards, and with 10 minutes left, the patriots had only 3 points. It would seem that Edelman was not a major factor at that point.

I agree, though I'd say that garbage time wasn't as garbage-y as I would have liked last night.
Well, it wasn't the entire 4th quarter like the Chargers game, but when the Rams had the ball back with less than a minute to go, down 10 and no time outs left, the game was over. Cooks put up 2 for 45 on that drive. Before that, his stats for the game were 6 receptions on 11 targets, 75 total yards. Edelman was 10 for 12, 141 yards.

Edelman wasn't eliminated. White and Hogan were eliminated, Edelman was his typical squirrely self. That said, I would have given the MVP to Gilmore, Hightower, or Van Noy given how the game played out, but I won't begrudge the selection of Jules.

Thanks for pointing that out. I wondered who that was, no handshakes no comments to your teammates. Just put your head down and run for the tunnel like a little child. Classless to the bitter end.
I hope people on this forum are not going to talk about people not shaking hands after a loss.

Well, it wasn't the entire 4th quarter like the Chargers game, but when the Rams had the ball back with less than a minute to go, down 10 and no time outs left, the game was over. Cooks put up 2 for 45 on that drive. Before that, his stats for the game were 6 receptions on 11 targets, 75 total yards. Edelman was 10 for 12, 141 yards.

Edelman wasn't eliminated. White and Hogan were eliminated, Edelman was his typical squirrely self. That said, I would have given the MVP to Gilmore, Hightower, or Van Noy given how the game played out, but I won't begrudge the selection of Jules.
Agree with all of that.

I also have to admit I was saying "it ain't over till it's over!!" to my dad, daughter, and SO until the last missed FG.

Suh has always been a moron with no respect to opponents. I thought he had issues with controlling his body kicking or disregarding his opponents. I was wrong he has a mental problem with distinguishing reality and his fantasies.

That’s an interesting way to see a silver lining of positivity in losing the Super Bowl. Sounds like there’s an undercurrent of him throwing the Rams offense under the bus by essentially saying the the D did it’s job.

I think that they did limit him to the point where it was possible for their team to win. I mean, 13 points should put you in good enough shape to get the win.

It could be a backhanded way of a defensive guy saying that their offense let them down, which seems in line with Suh's lack of character.

edit: TheFlyingWedge beat me to the same thought by a minute

I think this is kind of what he was trying to say, but due to a combination of shellshock and lack of eloquence, did a poor job of it. We always talk about it being fine if a great player gets his yards, as long as we keep them out of the end zone and don't let them beat us on third down. That's pretty much what happened with Edelman. He played hard, he played great, but for the most part his yards lead to no points, and on the last two drives, it was mostly Gronk and the running game that did them in.

I think his problem really was using the word eliminate. That's the word you use to describe what we did to Jared Goff.

One major thing Jules helped with was field position, The fact we were able to get a few first downs means Allen was able to pin the Rams back, forcing Goff to go nearly 100 yards, instead of starting at halfway or their own 40.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes