PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

When did Brady face Manning in the biggest game of the year? SBs are the biggest game of the year.
Brady didn’t play against manning he played against the defense.

You know exactly what I was talking about. Go find someone else to argue with, I’m not interested.

To be honest I think Manning brought out the best in Brady, as he didn’t only have to play at the top of his game, but he was facing an all time great in the biggest game’s of the season, year after year. Brady knew this and it was one of the driving forces for him. Brady kept playing at the highest level, and just passed Manning in ways that made the argument moot, then he did the same to Montana. Now there is no debate.

My apology, wrong thread.

You know exactly what I was talking about. Go find someone else to argue with, I’m not interested.
You made an incorrect statement. Deal with it instead of throwing a hissy fit because someone pointed it out.
There is nothing to argue about, you were wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything you listed outside of Brown can’t dribble is fixed by ridding themselves of Kyrie. Or at least it should.

Tatum I am assuming will be like year 1 Tatum and not year 2.

Brown..I give you that one. Who knows.

Hayward has a full offseason to prep. Coaches say he looks vastly better. I am assuming this will be more All Star Gordon than crappy Gordon.

Smart is what Smart is. My feeling is he will take less shots as it seemed he did later in the season last year. More quality looks than volume.

I have high hopes for Timelord. Again, all reports are that he is in the gym daily and the progress reports are good. We shall see in the end.

Morris and Baynes? Wish they could have kept Baynes but Morris isn’t a loss in my opinion.

How great of a leader was Horford really? He bowed to Kyrie and his “it was my fault Kyrie” when it wasn’t beta move didn’t show much leadership at least not last year.

So no I am looking at projections. I know what Philly has. Butler scared me more than Richardson. He left too. They have a good team. To say they are far and away better than the Celtics is pretty strong. Will they be better? Maybe. But it isn’t as far as you think.

I think the Celts are going to be a lot of fun to watch unless you're someone who thinks watching sports sucks unless you can be convinced that they have a chance to win it all.

Williams is a curious one. At some point, the Celtics, like the Knicks did with Mitchell Robinson, are going to have to throw him to the wolves and see what he's got. For mine, all he needs to do is show he's proficient in the paint, OK on the pick and roll and plays hard D. I don't want him standing on the perimeter to accommodate Stevens' floor spacing ********.

he tended to be behind much of the time due to awareness........which is understandable given how much most players had to stand around watching one guy

With the NBA draft & free agency neatly rapped up, can we move on with a main board Red Sox thread that:
Rips the Sux
Debates blowing up the Sux’ roster
Mocks baseball
Defines baseball for what it is: 162 food court/vendor opportunities disguised as a compelling sport

I’ll start: sell sell sell sell

You made an incorrect statement. Deal with it instead of throwing a hissy for because someone pointed it out.
There is nothing to argue about, you were wrong.

By your logic the AFCCG last year wasn’t a big game. Go find a mirror and argue with yourself.

By your logic the AFCCG last year wasn’t a big game. Go find a mirror and argue with yourself.
So you think calling people’s names is the honorable route?
Last years AFCCG certainly was a big game and it certainly wasn’t the biggest game of the year.

Last I knew voicing my opinion about a topic was an acceptable thing, in fact, it’s the purpose that this board exists for.
By all means let’s just call people names when they disagree with our viewpoint. That will make for a great board wouldn’t it?

I have him on ignore, so your post by itself was comical

Guys now is the time to move on ... thx.

The NBA free agency period comes at the perfect time ... and it has become more exciting ... the league has moved up which helps a bit with the suck of baseball.

Last edited:
Waiting on Kawhi's decision.

I’d say the Celtics are likely a 4 seed. I think you are selling them short.

Perfectly said. I am selling them "short."

As presently constituted, this is a perimeter team that will have big problems rebounding and defending the interior. Maybe I am underestimating the crew of Robert Williams, Enes Kanter, Daniel Theis, Vincent Poirier, and Tacko Fall. But none is a proven NBA starter. Kanter is averaging under 24 minutes/game and got shipped out by the Knicks and offered a take-it-now or go deal from the Blazers.

I didn't like the Aron Baynes trade at the time, and I like it less now.

upload_2019-7-3_13-14-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-3_13-14-32.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-3_13-14-32.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 2
Live coverage on @cp24 as we speak on the Raptors' plane that just touched down in Toronto BELIEVED to be transporting Kawhi Leonard. So unfair we don't get the Canadian TV channels in the States

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back