PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

I'm not saying 'give up on him', but his regression this year is incredibly alarming, and I don't think Irving has anything to do with it. He had a chance to be a legit #2 this year, and instead, couldn't crack top-5 in minutes in the playoffs.
I think he and Kyrie had some serious issues and it severely impacted his game

he was fine last year.

I don't like the fact he was hanging with Kobe TBH

Honestly, if he had really spent time with Kobe, he would have learned how to dribble, and wouldn't pass so damned much.

If I had to guess, the issue wasn't with Irving and Tatum (two Duke guys, btw, Coach K would have jumped in on that real quick). I think it was more Irving and Rosier.

For $30 million/yr, isn't Al Horford supposed to be a veteran leader? He's the oldest guy on the team. He can't say anything to anyone to clear it up? Then again, that goes back to the coach, because in the end, it's /his/ job. That's an NBA coach's job now.

Edit: More on the Tatum and dribbling issue. Last year it was 'fine', subpar, but not egregious. This year, teams had film on him, and were constantly poking at the ball when he got it. The only time he ever put the ball on the floor is when he was uncovered.

Tatum better hope the Bucs don't have the blue print on how to defend him. He looked lost in that series very unsure of himself. Definitely not the same player we saw throughout the year.

Last edited:
Honestly, if he had really spent time with Kobe, he would have learned how to dribble, and wouldn't pass so damned much.

If I had to guess, the issue wasn't with Irving and Tatum (two Duke guys, btw, Coach K would have jumped in on that real quick). I think it was more Irving and Rosier.

For $30 million/yr, isn't Al Horford supposed to be a veteran leader? He's the oldest guy on the team. He can't say anything to anyone to clear it up? Then again, that goes back to the coach, because in the end, it's /his/ job. That's an NBA coach's job now.

Edit: More on the Tatum and dribbling issue. Last year it was 'fine', subpar, but not egregious. This year, teams had film on him, and were constantly poking at the ball when he got it. The only time he ever put the ball on the floor is when he was uncovered.
Agree on his ballhandling.

Not happy with Horford at $30m either.

Sign him, keep Scary and draft Coby White. I like Edwards but would like to see more size at the position.

except that coby white won't be there when we draft...I don't have an issue with size ..... as long as the production is there offensively and this dude can shoot

This is 80% Ainge's mess.....with a 20% discount because of Hayward's issues.

Ainge hitched his wagon to an entitled PG who quit on his last team.
Ainge kissed this guy's ass publicly and privately further inflating this guy's ego.
Ainge's multi-year grand plan of securing Anthony Davis inflicted significant psychological damage on his young trade-bait talent this season, a group already insecure about minutes and future contracts given their reduced roles due to the return of Irving and Hayward.
Ainge refused to break up some of the "talent" at the trade deadline preferring future trade chips instead of better fitting pieces for a real playoff run.
Ainge has spent all his max dollars on finesse players
Ainge refuses to draft certified shooters despite wanting an offense dependent on 23 footers.
Ainge hired a coach who may be better suited as a sensitivity counselor for millennials ....or a WNBA coach
Hey, don’t trash talk the WNBA. There are some very tough women playing there and they only get between $40,000 - $115,000 per season. These overpaid divas like Kyrie are willing to proclaim themselves as geniuses, but fail to prove it on the court. This team was a train wreck all year with no mental toughness.

Tatum better hope the Bucs don't have the blue print on how to defend him. He looked lost ina0 that series very unsure of himself. Definitely not the same player we saw throughout the year.

as with the entire team, the 3's weren't falling as they did all season .... the C's offense became inefficient against the bucks, and they had plenty of open shots....they just weren't falling.....Kyries shooting went to crap in the playoffs, everything else fell in behind that......he would be in a much better place if he was Chris Paul to James Harden

except that coby white won't be there when we draft...I don't have an issue with size ..... as long as the production is there offensively and this dude can shoot
Yea hes a high pick. maybe they can swing a sign n trade....

I know everyone wants Kyrie gone, and believe me, I hate him right now.

But just to play devils advocate, unless the team genuinely hates him too, I still think you can win a title with Kyrie as a key piece. He just can’t be your top guy.

I think the jury is out on Stevens. He’s shown the ability to mold teams, motivate teams, and have teams overachieve.

He completely whiffed this year, obviously. The question is, was the team fatally flawed, or could a better coaching job get more out of them. Hard to say, but he definitely did a ****ty job this year. Having said that, I wouldn’t get rid of him.

The Celtics built a new Catholic Church in Milwaukee last night what a bunch of brick layers. Absolute embarrassment they might have a bunch of overrated players. Seems like the height of Milwaukee bothered them. Tatum really surprised me how averaged he played thought he was ready to make the next step he ain't there yet. Kyrie chocked big time he played like Russell Westbrook regular season stud playoff dud. I would go after Kemba Walker he might fit more with what Stevens want to do and he can shoot it very well. The Celts need a lot of luck in 2020 they are some East Teams that are going to be even better next season.
they need Kyle Korver type players or JJ Redick type players. guys that come off the bench, make 3 shots in a row and go back to the bench. players that understand their role and perform well.

But just to play devils advocate, unless the team genuinely hates him too, I still think you can win a title with Kyrie as a key piece. He just can’t be your top guy.
but he wants to be the top guy. that's why he wanted out of Cleveland. he wants to be the guy but doesn't want and can't handle the responsibility. he's got to go. all his negative intangibles outweigh his talent.

but he wants to be the top guy. that's why he wanted out of Cleveland. he wants to be the guy but doesn't want and can't handle the responsibility. he's got to go. all his negative intangibles outweigh his talent.
Probably true. But he might realize now that’s not him.

...then Kyrie would shoot his way out of town again. Not worth it.

It would need to be a player who doesn't demand the ball but commands respect.

thought this thread was already up but a search didn’t show anything

First round was pretty routine, this round against the top seed in east is going to be tough

Seems like the Cs went through a transformation after all the inconsistency in the season, playing very well midway into 2nd
ended up sucking azz tho

Maybe someone will take Hayward for a top 10 selection :p
Hayward's contract is utter devastation.

They have no choice but to literally ride him for a few years. Awful how things have turned out.

Hayward's contract is utter devastation.

They have no choice but to literally ride him for a few years. Awful how things have turned out.
I think Hayward will be fine. especially if Kyrie leaves. I'm not giving up on Hayward.

I think Hayward will be fine. especially if Kyrie leaves. I'm not giving up on Hayward.
I’m not either, but it was frustrating how he seemed to have turned the corner and then...he turned two more corners and was back to where he started.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back