PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name your Binky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerrigan at the top

Greg Romeus/Bruce Carter in the red shirt division

Watt... followed by Kerrigan

Last edited:
Cameron Heyward.....anywhere in the 1st.

Daniel Thomas - RB - Kansas St. 3rd round.

And Watt and Kerrigan too!

Julio Jones at 10. Love Jones and Murray at RB. Like Romeus later as well. Sorry couldn't help myself.

Allen Bailey, DE/OLB, Miami
Anywhere in the late 2nd to mid 3rd IMO. Probably the best athlete in the draft class for Defensive Front 7, henceforth known as DF7, and played for a really bad coach in Miami. His SackSEER projections look really good. I haven't seen any numbers for it but it's proving to be a fairly reliable metric and he meets many criteria for a good pass-rusher.

Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
2nd round. He's a first round talent, no doubt, but some injury concerns and the glut of DF7 talent out there already pushes him down and out of the first. He's a perfect 5-tech for this defense. Long arms, tall, big body, quick on his feet, can collapse the pocket, and is stout against the run. He's a starter from day 1.

Greg McElroy, QB, Alabama
6th round. A great developmental QB. He put up solid numbers in school, has a good arm, great size, and a brain that is second to none. His Wonderlic scores do look to have the benefit of coaching, but you can't coach a dumb kid up into the mid-40s. Given a couple years under Brady and BB, he'll be a reliable starter with a great pedigree.

Stefan Wisniewski, OC, Penn State
2nd round. Very smart, plays with good balance, 4 year starter and captain. He's got Patriot written all over him.

One week till round 1 Thursday night! It's time to Name That Binky, Fellow Pats Fans!

Mine is Brooks Reed at #33

A couple or a few binky Cousins for me:

John Baldwin WR at #60 (much better than you think with 4.4 speed. 6'5" and 224lbs and a hands catcher)

Dontay Moch OLB at #74 (much bigger than you think at 6'2" and 248lbs with under 4.3 speed. 42" vertical! About the same size as Harrison, Dumerville, Mathis and Freeney but much faster.Was a DE at Nevada but did play up upon occasion)

Greg Romeus DE/OLB at #92(our first 2012 high pick Draft choice)

Chad Ochocinco WR at #159 to the Bengals
DW Toys

Taiwan Jones at 60.

I saw this thread and Jones name immediately came to mind for me. I love his size and speed and he has the best burst in this draft. Injuries are his concern.

Round one: Watt. There's not much more I could write about the guy. We all know how special he is.

Round 3+: Greg Little and Greg Romeus.

- Danny Watkins, keeping TFB upright is priority #1
- Jake Locker, IF he does fall he has the potential to be a successor to TFB, realistically it's Stanzi
- DJ Williams, I love what this guy does and the versatility he can bring

Safest pick in the draft after Dareus: Mark Ingram.

Mark Ingram for me also ......had a dream that he had Pat the Patriot logo on his gloves.:cool:

It was awesome.

Taiwan Jones and Jacquizz Rodgers.

JJ Watt tops my list. There are lots of good alternatives in the 1st if he doesn't reach our pick though.
I'll be ok with whatever OLB we take in the 2nd. I think Quinn has bust potential so I wouldn't want to trade up for him in the 1st.
Wonder if BB will surprise us again this year!

Mikel Leshoure if he's available at #33 or later...

A 2012 first-rounder. :D

Well, as long as we're going with multiple binkys........

Round-1:
Watt, Heyward
Carimi

Round-2A:
Leshoure, Hankerson, Watkins
Wilkerson

Round-2B:
Acho, Jenkins

Round-3A:
Moffitt, Rackley

Round-3B:
House, Delone Carter
James Carpenter

Round-4:
Romeus, Karl Klug
Alex Green, Bilal Powell, Derrick Locke, Anthony Sherman
Austin Pettis

Round-5:
Herzlich
Kendrick Burney, Richard Sherman
Brandon Bair, David Carter
Vincent Brown
Fusco, Barnes

Round-6 (and later):
Justin Rodgers
Martin Parker, Frank Kearse
Justin Trattou, Mario Harvey
Dane Sanzenbacher, Lester Jean

[NOTE: To the guys in the Eagles FO .... If you take any more than five of these players, you WILL be getting an invoice from me this year.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back