PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mystery solved, Bentley tore biceps

Status
Not open for further replies.

luuked

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
From Reiss' usual Sunday piece:

Some more context on the recovery for promising Patriots rookie linebacker Ja’Whaun Bentley, who was placed on injured reserve Sept. 26: I’m told his injury, which occurred late in the team’s loss to the Lions on Sept. 23, is a torn biceps. He already has undergone surgery and has been around the team since, staying involved as he also focuses on his recovery and rehabilitation.

Which is pretty much in the neighborhood (my wild guess was Pec) what many suspected when he showed up in a sling and Reiss said he is definitely out for the season.

I shouldn't have doubted Reiss when he said Bentley isn't an option for return this season. No way he comes back from that this year.

I look forward to Bentley returning in 2019.

This is a bad injury and one that seems every middle linebacker who has ever played for us gets.

I was more disappointed by losing Bentley than losing for the Lions... I was loving him on the field

I really hope he doesn't get stonewalled by this situation. We need good linebackers and he seemed to be a great find....

Damn we finally get a promising linebacker but oh well.

Reminds me of Mitchell at receiver. Hopefully, not that end result.
Bentley at least doesn't have an extensive injury history like Mitchell does

How? Details please, that isn't just a bad breakfast stomach-thing.

How? Details please, that isn't just a bad breakfast stomach-thing.
We have had many posts regarding drafting or bringing in a free agent receiver that do not pan out. Finally, Mitchell is drafted and the future is bright, only to lose him to injury. We've also had a number of linebackers that did not pan out (although, not as many as receivers). We draft one who looks promising, but is put on IR. Hopefully, the difference is IR versus out of football.

Wait... can you have a CHRONIC BICEPS condition?

This is a bad injury and one that seems every middle linebacker who has ever played for us gets.
If I recall correctly, Ted Johnson tore both of his on separate occasions. Torn biceps and torn pecs are real bugaboos for our linebackers.

They only LB i can remember that tore his bicep tendone was ted johnson. So saying every MLB the pats had that was any good is more than a slight exageration.

10-12 weeks by some NFL cases. If he was a vet there would be a solid chance he comes back for the playoffs. For a rookie probably doesn't make much sense to push it..
Ive had both bicep and tricep tendon ruptures, from my experiance its not weeks its months as in 6+months. Hes much younger than i was when i ruptured mine, but i doubt he comes back this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News