PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My wife passed away

I am touched, deeply.

I can't tell you how many times I stared at the computer screen, wanting to post something about this, and I just couldn't bring myself to do so.

I'm glad I was finally able to.

Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for the kind words of support, love and understanding.

Pape,

I can't tell you how touched and saddened I was by your post. I'm sure there are others who have loved their mates as much as you did. But few have to ability to express that love as poignantly as you did. Anyone who didn't feel it right to their bones don't have an ounce of empathy.

I loved a woman that much too, and was shocked and amazed every day that she loved me back just as much. Ask anyone who knew her, I DEFNITELY out kicked my coverage with that girl. Brains, looks, kindness, in every way with exception of football, she was my better half. And although he didn't care a wit about the game, she up with with MY obsession. The massive amounts of time it took from August to Thanksgiving. She put up with it. The late hours, the lost weekends, the social events that came with the job, the back sales, the coaches clinics and above all the incessive talk that she pretended to care about.

In December it will be 40 years since I lost her and while I'd like to tell you that time heals all wounds. It didn't heal that one. But here's what I can tell you. Time does allow you to go on. It allows you to find purpose in your life. It allows you to become in charge of your own life. It even allows you to gain happiness from new relationships. Maybe not the powerful love you had when you met "the one" but love nonetheless.

So Pape, my friend. take it from one who has been there. You WILL sleep through the night again. You will get up and go to work and strive to be great at it. You will even love again.....just not today. But isn't that how we ultimately how we are measured, how we overcome adversity. Hard to believe right now, but you WILL overcome it

So tonight feel free to wallow in your misery. Feel bad for yourself. Curse the Gods, Fates, or everyone for taking someone so precious to you. Seek succor in the bosom of your friends and family. Allow THEM to help bring you back. And then it's just the simple task of putting one foot in front of another until.......

And just one more thing. If it makes you feel even a jot better, think about this. You are one LUCKY son of b!tch to have found someone who made you that happy for so long. I know, I feel lucky and have for over 50 years I knew what true love was.....and I know you do too. Think about that before you fall asleep tonight.
@Pape. So sad to read your story and wanted to reply meaningfully.
What patfanken posts here contains a lot of the things I would like to relate. In my view this is a post worth reading many times and also re-reading over time.
It encapsulates all the advice I would agree with from my own life losses.
I wish you peace and comfort my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know you, but I truly feel heartbroken for you. I've known my wife for around the same timeframe, and the thought of anything happening to her makes me nauseous. I can't imagine what you've been through.

Wishing you the best

Glad you verbalized your loss on this forum as the need to talk about this loss is paramount. I have been in a relationship with my 2nd wife for 32 years now and going strong, cannot imagine loosing her. I know the time is coming that one of us will pass on, when I think about that a tear comes to my eye. Have always thought it is best for anyone to have one really great love.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Pape, hope you find healing and consolation from friends and family.

So sorry Pape, thank you for sharing this story. She sounds like a beautiful person and I can tell you loved her dearly.

I hope you are able to find some little things to cope. If you aren’t seeing anyone for therapy, I think it’d definitely be a good idea.

Feel free to DM if you’d like to chat, I’m always available for you or anyone in the Patsfan family.

I’m sorry and sad. Mortality is the worst part of life. Godspeed for her next step in the journey. Let the community at PF know what we can do to help you.

As someone long happily married, I truly cannot imagine how lost you must feel. Condolences.
Not everyone finds someone worthwhile spending their years with. Consider yourself blessed. Tragically just for a short time.
Most importantly, best wishes for your life continuing. May you find fulfillment. God bless.

My condolences Pape. Couldn't imagine going through this. I wish you the best with time. Obviously no words can help or ease the pain. But we're here.

And I love this damn forum. It truly is a community and dare I say it, a dysfunctional family with the crazy uncle(s) and all. The support for people here is truly amazing!

I'm so sorry Pape for your loss. I can't imagine what you're feeling right now. My prayers and thoughts are with you!!!! Your wife really sounded like an amazing person.

What a lovely tribute.
You are blessed to have this relationship in your life.
I’m sure she felt the love that you described.

What you described is one hell of a woman. Sounds like she really lived her life, and the fact that she shared that journey with you says a lot about your character as well. If you're half as tough as she appears to be, you'll get through this. She set a pretty good example to follow.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back