PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My report card vs Cowboys

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
QB: B. If going right back at Diggs after the pick 6 isn’t evidence that the kid will be just fine if he makes mistakes then I don’t know what is.
RB: B+
OL: C
WR: B-
TE: B. Would have been nice to see 3rd and 3 go to one of them instead of a weird fade to Agholor

DL: B
LB: C+
Secondary: C-

Special Teams: C-
Coaching: F

Prescott is playing as well as any QB in the league, and Lamb looks like the next breakout all-pro. That is one tall task to defend that offense.

Despite his turnovers, it was easily Mac’s best game. Not just the bomb to Bourne but several high level passes caught downfield in stride.

Prescott is playing as well as any QB in the league, and Lamb looks like the next breakout all-pro. That is one tall task to defend that offense.

Despite his turnovers, it was easily Mac’s best game. Not just the bomb to Bourne but several high level passes caught downfield in stride.
I can’t give him an A with the pick 6 and for a few other reasons but yeah he threw the ball as well as he has all year. And down the field which was great. The confidence he showed after that pick 6 was great to see.

Are you listening Josh or Bill?

QB: B. If going right back at Diggs after the pick 6 isn’t evidence that the kid will be just fine if he makes mistakes then I don’t know what is.
RB: B+
OL: C
WR: B-
TE: B. Would have been nice to see 3rd and 3 go to one of them instead of a weird fade to Agholor

DL: B
LB: C+
Secondary: C-

Special Teams: C-
I think your grades for the defense are a little too high. If you get a punt blocked, you get an automatic F in special teams.

Nailed the grades IMO. The players aren't perfect, but the talent is encouraging to some degree. The coaches are basically telling them we have no faith in you being able to win games this year so we are going to play not to embarrass ourselves and 'hang in there', which will lead to close competitive games but not many wins in today's game. If that works in building confidence for next year that'd be great but we'll see.

I think your grades for the defense are a little too high. If you get a punt blocked, you get an automatic F in special teams.
Defense was keeping the cowboys out of the endzone, but the pats stopped scoring if the offense keeps putting the D back on the field against a great offense its going to start giving things up.

Defense was keeping the cowboys out of the endzone, but the pats stopped scoring if the offense keeps putting the D back on the field against a great offense its going to start giving things up.
The red zone d was ok. but the rest of the game was awful. They had opportunities to end the game and whiffed. They haven't been able to stop anybody when the game is on the line all year.

Patriot defense held Dallas to only 10 points in the 1st half which is fantastic.

I think the Pats offense going 3 and out, 5 straight times after halftime, really gassed the entire defense. Anti-complementary football by the oc.

OL: D
ST: F-
DL: C
LB: B-
TE: Incomplete (4 targets- c'mon, Josh!)
WR: C
RB: B
Secondary: D

coaching is F F F F F F F
bill playing not to lose all season. at what point will the fanboys on here actually criticize the coach? Bill belichick is 13-18 in his last 31 games. Those are coach firing #s. Not saying that he should be fired but people on here need to wake up and realize that the coach is a big problem.
his defense cannot stop anyone when the game matters.

So we're happy - well, not disastrously unhappy - with the drafting and free agency acquisitions, but Bill Belichick the GM can't save Bill Belichick the coach.

Was the OLine that bad? 2 sacks and a couple QB hits. Harris ran over a hundred yards, 2 rushing TDs. I had to step away for half a quarter. How accurate are all these D and F grades? Very curious.

Was the OLine that bad? 2 sacks and a couple QB hits. Harris ran over a hundred yards, 2 rushing TDs. I had to step away for half a quarter. How accurate are all these D and F grades? Very curious.
Mac got absolutely crushed a few times. Lucky he wasn’t injured. After a few big hits the Pats got conservative and didn’t do much on O for a few quarters. The line has to give him more time for plays to develop. Cajuste and Wynn were dreadful.

That sequence at the end of the half with 1:30 left was just disgraceful. There is no defending it unless you're just a fuccboy for Team Bill instead of a Patriots fan.

That sequence at the end of the half with 1:30 left was just disgraceful. There is no defending it unless you're just a fuccboy for Team Bill instead of a Patriots fan.
What was disgraceful about it, and try it with language you can use in polite company, if that's in your repetoire.

What was disgraceful about it, and try it with language you can use in polite company, if that's in your repetoire.
Imagine if you had a defense of that decision instead if just tone policing as a misdirection.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back